2009 MLB Season Thread

Gary

Aaron Heilman on the Cubs sweet. Get ready for balls to be heading for the apartments, and Lou to be facing murder charges because this heartless jackass loves blowing games late.

Unlike the Mets, the Cubs already have a pretty solid bullpen. Therefore, Heilman won't be seen in late-game situations, fool!

I'm more disappointed that Olson's already been shipped off when he was supposed to be a piece to the Jake Peavy puzzle. Oh well, screw it.

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aaron Heilman on the Cubs sweet. Get ready for balls to be heading for the apartments, and Lou to be facing murder charges because this heartless jackass loves blowing games late.

Unlike the Mets, the Cubs already have a pretty solid bullpen. Therefore, Heilman won't be seen in late-game situations, fool!

I'm more disappointed that Olson's already been shipped off when he was supposed to be a piece to the Jake Peavy puzzle. Oh well, screw it.

Or they could be using Heilman as a piece for the Padres Bullpen

It also means he will come to Citi Field, I can hear the boos now.

Ah, Tank. You always know how to find the joy in everything.

Hmm, ya think the Pads are really that stupid?? :rolleyes:

6uXNWAo.png

The Mets had a good bullpen in 2006, but who served up that spicy meatball to Yadier Molina, Aaron the choker that's who.

Whenever I hear the songs "London Calling" and "Paint it Black" I :censored:ing cringe that Aaron Heilman is coming in. There is nobody I despise more ever who soiled a Mets uniform. I literally despise Aaron Heilman. He has ruined three seasons it forever to get him off the team.

Trust me all you need to see is the look on his face when he is falling apart and you will feel the same way with your team.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

When I called tNak something to the effect of a "heartless jackass," I got suspended...

I think I despise him as much as he despises Aaron Heilman. Why didn't I get a free pass?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

The Mets had a good bullpen in 2006, but who served up that spicy meatball to Yadier Molina, Aaron the choker that's who.

Whenever I hear the songs "London Calling" and "Paint it Black" I :censored:ing cringe that Aaron Heilman is coming in. There is nobody I despise more ever who soiled a Mets uniform. I literally despise Aaron Heilman. He has ruined three seasons it forever to get him off the team.

Trust me all you need to see is the look on his face when he is falling apart and you will feel the same way with your team.

I can understand the vitriol for 2008, but Heilman actually helped the Mets cause in 2006 & 2007. His ERA was half a run lower in 2006 and over a full run lower in 2007 than the team ERA, while his WHIP was considerably lower than the team WHIP in both years as well.

I'd gladly have Heilman on my team. Just saying.

Come on Tank. Heilman was bad but he was not worse than Doug Sisk.

Tank, you do realize you have K-Rod closing games for the Mets for three years, correct? You better get used to losing games in the 9th.

Every time he came into the game, I thought I was gonna have a heart attack.

Hmm, ya think the Pads are really that stupid?? :rolleyes:

I don't think they will be going after Peavy anytime soon, from what i've read and heard, he Cubs may be going after Randy Wolf or Looper if they can't get Peavy. That being said, I don't think they will go after Peavy and sign Wolf

Come on Tank. Heilman was bad but he was not worse than Doug Sisk.

Id take Doug Risk any day over Heilman

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

from what i've read and heard, he Cubs may be going after Randy Wolf or Looper if they can't get Peavy.

Failing to get Jake Peavy and settling for Braden Looper is like failing to get into Yale and settling for plumbing school.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

When I called tNak something to the effect of a "heartless jackass," I got suspended...

I think I despise him as much as he despises Aaron Heilman. Why didn't I get a free pass?

Because the system is biased. Tank should have been banned a long time ago.

Heilman is better than the :censored: the Braves have had in their bullpen the past few years.

I'm looking at you Bob Wickman.

:lol: Let's not forget Ray King

I REALLY hate our bullpen. It has sucked since Smoltz went back to starting again. We haven't been able to get one reliable closer since then, and the middle relief has been mediocre-to-horrible. So many times where the SP goes out and pitches a hell of a game, only to have the bullpen blow it in an inning or so.

I'm really kinda mad that the Braves haven't addressed it, and when they have, it's failed miserably.

Heilman is better than the :censored: the Braves have had in their bullpen the past few years.

I REALLY hate our bullpen. It has sucked since Smoltz went back to starting again. We haven't been able to get one reliable closer since then, and the middle relief has been mediocre-to-horrible. So many times where the SP goes out and pitches a hell of a game, only to have the bullpen blow it in an inning or so.

I'm really kinda mad that the Braves haven't addressed it, and when they have, it's failed miserably.

I think Mike Gonzalez is going to prove to be very important to Atlanta. If he and Soriano can do what they are capable of, then we might be in better shape than we all think right now. Frank Wren went out and got starting pitching. Granted it wasn't the best it could have been, but I am encouraged by what he has picked up so far. I think KK is gonna do GREAT. Atlanta needs another bat. Unfortunately I think they are going to use Andruw Jones to be that bat.

...or Blaine Boyer, or Royce Ring, or Jeff Bennett, or Julian Tavarez...

There better be some major change this year. With these new starters, hopefully Campillo, Reyes, and Morton can be in there where they belong.

dzh6fs12jk4gddgfd123hlxft.gif

Archived