2009 MLB Season Thread

Gary

FOX should switch the game. They actually gave me a little bit of hope when they showed a video of 2 Cardinals talking. Just switch the game, nobody wants to see this.

Imagine how I felt. I'm in the Cleveland market. We were stuck with it.

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If there is a bright spot for the Yankees on this day, Cleveland could have posted up many more runs. They had the bases loaded with 1 out in the 9th and they only scored once. Still...22 runs is a lot.

So it only took three games in the new Yankee Stadium for the Indians to do what they did in 2004: score 22 runs.... http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=240831110

They should have went for the record 30. :D

I saw, I came, I left.

If there is a bright spot for the Yankees on this day, Cleveland could have posted up many more runs. They had the bases loaded with 1 out in the 9th and they only scored once. Still...22 runs is a lot.

So it only took three games in the new Yankee Stadium for the Indians to do what they did in 2004: score 22 runs.... http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=240831110

I was at that game in 2004.

I would have never thought I would say this in my life but Yankee Stadium is a band box. I know the demensions are supposed to be the same (though I question that) but the ball is flying out there a way it never did at the old place. I didn't know the wind patterns could be so different just a short distance away. I mean the two ballparks basically face the same direction, you would think there would be a big difference with the wind and how the ball flies.

New 5th starter please. Tommy Hanson?

Jo Jo was actually ok. He just got tired, let a couple of runs pass, then the bullpen came in and did what the bullpen normally does.

That + our bats dying + Chipper and Escobar deciding to get hurt at the same time = us being 5-6 after starting 5-1. Thanks for getting my hopes up, 2009 Braves. <_<

I was at that game in 2004.

I would have never thought I would say this in my life but Yankee Stadium is a band box. I know the demensions are supposed to be the same (though I question that) but the ball is flying out there a way it never did at the old place. I didn't know the wind patterns could be so different just a short distance away. I mean the two ballparks basically face the same direction, you would think there would be a big difference with the wind and how the ball flies.

The Yank's pitching is just that bad.

1zqy8ok.gif

This game is every Yankee-hater's dream come true. How embarrassing to get shown up like this.

Is it just me, or does it seem like someone puts up a 20-spot on the Yankees at least once a year? Regardless, it never gets old. ^_^

And oh by the way, sweet walk-off job by Aramis today. Hey Hey!

6uXNWAo.png

This game is every Yankee-hater's dream come true. How embarrassing to get shown up like this.

Is it just me, or does it seem like someone puts up a 20-spot on the Yankees at least once a year? Regardless, it never gets old. ^_^

Even expansion teams?

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/NY...197709100.shtml

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Yankees won 7-3 today.

Congrats.

Yankees won 7-3 today.

No way that Posada homer wasn't fan interference. The fan knocked Crowe's glove out of the way.

Ridiculous.

Wait, what? The Yankees fans are back at it with fan interference?

Yankees won 7-3 today.

No way that Posada homer wasn't fan interference. The fan knocked Crowe's glove out of the way.

Ridiculous.

Yeah. Posada drilled one to left, Crowe went up with a great chance of bringing it back, and some fan hit Crowe's glove with his own glove. It bounced around and came back in the park. The umps originally ruled it a homer, they went to replay and came back out and said it was still a homer. It was clear that the fan interfered, but they didn't change it.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Yankees won 7-3 today.

Ridiculous.

Yeah. Posada drilled one to left, Crowe went up with a great chance of bringing it back, and some fan hit Crowe's glove with his own glove. It bounced around and came back in the park. The umps originally ruled it a homer, they went to replay and came back out and said it was still a homer. It was clear that the fan interfered, but they didn't change it.

Of course they weren't going to call it back. It's the Yankees, people... Imagine what kind of riot could of happened if that wasn't called a homer and the Yanks went on to win by 2 runs. Every talking head in the world would be going crazy about how bad the first series at the new ballpark went and would already call the Yanks dead in the water.

Speaking of surprises... I said Kansas City would be good and watching the Royals-Rangers game, I think I might be on to something. They just need to be better with hitting. Pitching is not an issue for these guys, but hitting... Well, let's say the proverbial broadside of a barn would still be standing.

The Braves FINALLY showed they could hit today against Pittsburgh. I am not going to say Jeff Francoeur is 100% back to normal, but he is hitting the ball well and us Braves fans can only hope he continues on the path he is on.

PS: It would have been a shutout, but since the Braves bullpen pitched in this one, at least one run was gonna cross the plate one way or another. :)

The Braves FINALLY showed they could hit today against Pittsburgh. I am not going to say Jeff Francoeur is 100% back to normal, but he is hitting the ball well and us Braves fans can only hope he continues on the path he is on.

PS: It would have been a shutout, but since the Braves bullpen pitched in this one, at least one run was gonna cross the plate one way or another. :)

Yeah, today was all sorts of awesome. 3 more runs would've DOUBLED the run total from the past 5 games. Francoeur, quite honestly, has been the only guy that's been hitting consistently since the Braves went into that slump. He's definitely out of the fans' doghouse as far as I'm concerned. And I'm definitely not gonna complain about the bullpen losing the shutout, considering that it could've been worse.

lmao @ that one play though, where Jeff Bennett turned a routine out into a triple. I mean, really? :lol:

Nat's President goes on Philadelphia airwaves and encourages Phillies fans to fill National's Stadium:

Unbelievable.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived