2009 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I missed tonight's game, so if this was mentioned i apologize.

Jeff Bennett, who broke his left hand punching a wall, was placed on the DL Thursday. Out until at least mid-July.

Am I surprised? No.

Am I celebrating? Yes.

Braves fans everywhere are partying in the streets. It's like that post-election South Park.

Edit: ...something like this-

SPJB.jpg

dzh6fs12jk4gddgfd123hlxft.gif

Honestly, if I were JJ I'd want a trade. I'd be like "Put me on a team where my guys will actually HIT for me. 2.89 ERA and I'm 5-6? Are you :censored: ting me?!" They seriously do not hit for him. Yeah, Beckett pitched a great game, but it's almost as if when Jurrjens is on the mound, if we get 3 runs or more it's a miracle. It's a gotdang shame.

And I'm saving that pic, LC. HILARIOUS.

EDIT: Vazquez allows 1 run in 7 2/3 innings pitched. Braves lose 1-0. NL-leading 8th time that they've been shut out this year. I love this team.

But hey, Hanson's pitching tomorrow against Penny, so we're probably going to go off tomorrow. The 2009 Atlanta Braves: gotta love em.

Wonder if this means the Cards' supposed "hot pursuit" of Matt Holliday is over?

I'd say send Chris Duncan for him, but I think all we'd get for him now is a water cooler... so really there'd be no downside to either trade... As long as the A's wouldn't ask for the water cooler back.

Can't wait to see the jaw-dropping look on the Cubs' faces when the Cardinals win the division and all the Cubs' can say is, "What the hell were we thinking getting rid of that guy?!"

And on top of that, replacing him in the outfield with the likes of that damned loose cannon, Milton Bradley. :cursing:

6uXNWAo.png

Can't wait to see the jaw-dropping look on the Cubs' faces when the Cardinals win the division and all the Cubs' can say is, "What the hell were we thinking getting rid of that guy?!"

Karma's a bitch. Or, in the case of the Cubs, just another season.

I was really hoping the Cubs would get DeRosa back. I have no idea why they didn't keep him in the first place, he played such an important role on the team. Now one of my favorite players is on the Cardinals and it looks like that makes the Cubs chances of winning the division even smaller than they were.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

And on top of that, replacing him in the outfield with the likes of that damned loose cannon, Milton Bradley. :cursing:

At least this time you guys have someone to be mad at; the front office. The last few years it was just good players being hurt and not being able to do well in the playoffs.

I don't see Mark DeRosa being that pivotal guy. To me, he'll always be that guy getting 4 errors in a game and grounding into double-plays when the game's on the line.....

Yea but he's not in a Braves uniform anymore, so that probably won't happen :)

Archived