2009 MLB Season Thread

Gary

Here's a stat that's very telling as to why the Braves haven't been winning much lately:

From 1991 until 2005, the Braves had the best record in MLB against teams that were under .500 at the time of the game.

From 2006 on, the Braves have a losing record against teams under .500.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They ran that stat on SportSouth while the Braves were losing to the Reds the other day.

And yeah, the Braves basically lost any momentum that they could've gained from a 5 game winning streak by dropping 2 out of 3 to the Nats. Way to go, Guys. Way. To. Go.

Yea, you can't sweep the division leaders and then turn around and get beat 2 out of 3 to the Nats. With the Phillies and Mets playing one another, this was the perfect series for the Braves to jump someone in the standing. Now they have taken a step back instead. Now they face the Cubs and that series could prove costly as well.

For the Braves fans out there, Buster Olney is talking about potential trade partners for Atlanta in the coming weeks. It looks like the Braves are willing to part with Escobar and Javier Vazquez to get some more offense.

Story

Every team that has had Javier Vazquez has been willing to part with Javier Vazquez. It's something you just assume rather than report it every time.

As for ball negotiations, just give the guy his damn ball. You'll probably get some free swag afterward and you won't be seen as the schmuck who tried to shake down a millionaire athlete for a piddling little baseball.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Yea, you can't sweep the division leaders and then turn around and get beat 2 out of 3 to the Nats. With the Phillies and Mets playing one another, this was the perfect series for the Braves to jump someone in the standing. Now they have taken a step back instead. Now they face the Cubs and that series could prove costly as well.

But the Braves did jump somebody. It just took the Mets getting swept by the Phillies for Atlanta to move into third.

Amazingly, the Phillies sweep of the Mets is the first home series win of the season for Philadelphia not involving the Nationals.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

But the Braves did jump somebody. It just took the Mets getting swept by the Phillies for Atlanta to move into third.

Amazingly, the Phillies sweep of the Mets is the first home series win of the season for Philadelphia not involving the Nationals.

You're right, the Braves did jump the Mets, no thanks to the Braves. But we are further back in the division thanks to the Nats.

After 4 innings, it's 16-1 Phillies, and Utley and Howard were already pulled from the game after batting 4 times each.... ^_^

Let me guess, they're playing the Nats, right?

After 4 innings, it's 16-1 Phillies, and Utley and Howard were already pulled from the game after batting 4 times each.... ^_^

Cincinnati.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Cincinnati.

It's gonna be a dramatic comeback :D

PvO6ZWJ.png

Paul Janish the backup infielder just gave up 6.....

22-1

Should I be concerned that Scott Eyre has let two on with no out in the ninth?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

22-1

Never know, the Phils bullpen could give up enough to tie the game - it's possible.

LvZYtbZ.png

22-1

Never know, the Phils bullpen could give up enough to tie the game - it's possible.

This is true, and would be more possible... perhaps even probable if Jack Taschner was still on the roster.

22-1

This is true, and would be more possible... perhaps even probable if Jack Taschner was still on the roster.

Or the immortal Wayne Gomes....

Cincinnati.

It's gonna be a dramatic comeback :D

Nats didn't get their asses handed to them that badly - yet.

I was in attendance for the 22-1 drubbing of the Redlegs by the Philadelphia nine. Hamels is a bum for giving up that solo homer to Jonny Gomes to ruin the shut-out. Johnny Cueto never made it out of the first inning, and 9 earned runs in 2/3 of an inning put about .80 onto his ERA in the span of approximately 30 minutes.

5960_1145393525567_1549396176_30365410_5887731_n.jpg

my cell phone takes crappy pics, I know

Also, only the Nats can manage to lose 1-0 in Colorado. Big ups to Jason Marquis for win #11, though.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Archived