2009 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cleveland scored 20+ against the Yankees earlier this season.

Oh yea now I remember. That was the game where they hit a ton of home runs and had everyone talking about the new Yankee Stadium and it's homer-friendly environment.

4 in a row for the Champs and Jimmy Rollins is looking much better. They seem to be stablizing a bit after a horrific June, the bullpen is getting healthy and Ibanez is on his way back. I am not sure the Phils can shake the Marlins, but in the end I think the way the standings look now is how they will remain in the East.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

The Blue Jays are going to entertain offers for Roy Halladay.

Story

He has a no-trade clause, so it will be interesting to see who the potential teams are.

I thought Riccardi's plan was to "plan for next year" and maybe pick up some pieces this year, but I was under the impression that Romero, Hill, Lind, and Halladay would be off limits.

Story

He has a no-trade clause, so it will be interesting to see who the potential teams are.

The Yankees immediately come to mind. But there is no way the Blue Jays are dumb enough to trade "Doc" within their own division -- are they? :therock:

6uXNWAo.png

The Brewers need pitching. As a matter of fact, they have already asked the Braves about Vazquez. So that is one team that might look into getting Halladay. Another team is the Phillies, and I wouldn't like that one bit.

The Brewers need pitching. As a matter of fact, they have already asked the Braves about Vazquez. So that is one team that might look into getting Halladay.

Oh that would suck for the Northsiders and Red Birds if Halladay went to Milwaukee. The 2009 version of CC.

6uXNWAo.png

Story

JP was quoted today as saying they'd need to be blown away before even considering any offer... there's no reason to move him now, wait and see how we're doing at the deadline in 2010, pretty much the entire team is signed through 2010. This year was always a rebuilding year because over half the rotation was on the DL before opening day, tonight we have our 5th starter making his big league debut this season alone.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Toronto and the Phillies should come to some sort of agreement re: the continued services of Halladay. They're spring training neighbo(u)rs and all, and Mitch Williams grooved one to Joe Carter in '93. Heck, the Phillies aren't even barren in the minors, and have their share of prospects to dangle the Jays' way.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Toronto and the Phillies should come to some sort of agreement re: the continued services of Halladay. They're spring training neighbo(u)rs and all, and Mitch Williams grooved one to Joe Carter in '93. Heck, the Phillies aren't even barren in the minors, and have their share of prospects to dangle the Jays' way.

Would you be willing to give up Hamels because after hearing what the Jays would accept in order to trade him, that'd have to be one guy in the deal.

Would you be willing to give up Hamels because after hearing what the Jays would accept in order to trade him, that'd have to be one guy in the deal.

It would make little-to-no sense for them to ask for Hamels.

They'd likely want some combination of three of Kyle Drabek, Michael Taylor, JA Happ, Carlos Carrasco, John Mayberry, Jason Donald, et al.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

That's right, Cub fans, continue to boo Mike Gonzalez and his rocking.

He will continue to mow down the heart of your lineup.

A win for Javy Vazquez! :woot:

dzh6fs12jk4gddgfd123hlxft.gif

The Reds answered nicely to that 22-1 drubbing from last night. It looked like more of the same from the Phillies when they got off to a 3-0 lead. The Freds clawed back and won 4-3. It's good to see them bounce back from their worst defeat ever.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Marlins are losing 3-0 right now to the Giants in the bottom of the 8th. If the Giants go ahead and take it, then everyone in the NL East would have lost today...all except the Braves that is. Today is a good day to start playing catch-up.

Archived