Sports Identity Showdown Voting (High Heat Division)

ShinyHubCaps

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Honu of Hanauma Bay

2. Mesquite Clowns

3. Amarillo Black Gold

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

So are only 3 concepts going on to the next round? If that it is so, I like StuckeyDuck's idea. Oh, and StuckeyDuck, you have a pretty solid concept, just obviously you were put in the toughest division and it gets overshadowed. Anyways, I do have another idea to put on the table: maybe take the top 2 or 3 from each division, then have a whole extra round with a completely new contest? Just a thought.

The reason I don't want to do compulsory "extra challenges" was because that was the set-up for the NAHL re-design contest, and that kind of dragged on with gradual loss of interest. It kind of diverts from how I had wanted this portion to operate.

As for StuckeyDuck's idea, well... I know davidson will snide me for calling an audible ( :grin: ) but this is actually one option I had been considering for a while. The voting has been very good, and I don't think that it would appropriate to go from 41 down to 3 just like that. I do have an idea for consolidating the best concepts into the voting round. It's not actually an audible either, because I have been planning on it, but I just have not announced it yet.

Voting for the first round is now closed. I would like to thank everyone for voting. Next round will be up within two hours and end Friday midnight CST. Results will be posted for the final round on Saturday.

As for this round, I am pleased to announce that the Amarillo Black Gold has secured the division. Amarillo had the most points (113), first-place votes (30), and total votes (44). A good outing in a tough division, they will face starker competition in the finals.

As for the rest of the concepts, there will be 3 wild card concepts joining the division winners in the final round. The wild cards will be determined by the following filters, in order, not including submissions that have already clinched the finals:

-) most points overall

-) most votes overall

-) most first-place votes overall

--> tiebreaker: most first- and second-place votes overall

So in total, there will be 6 concepts in the final: the 3 division winners, and the 3 wild card winners.

Again, thanks for voting, and be sure to vote again in the finals thread.

*****just saw that voting closed. Oh well--good luck anyway everyone!*****

These were awesome guys. There were several that deserved honorable mention. I really liked the Clowns one as well. My vote ended up being:

1) Honu.

I LOVE the jerseys, and the concept is lighthearted, which is how I view kickball, so I find it fitting

2) Black Gold

Amazing execution. Love the secondary logo. I feel that the smaller of the words in the wordmarks were too small, which makes it slightly awkward looking. For some reason the swoosh of oil across the bottom doesn't look right to me either. I think it's a little fragile looking as thin as it is--perhaps a thicker flow would have satisfied my eyes.

3) Salamanders

Again, awesome execution of the main logo. I'm not digging the wordmark or the secondary though, the font just doesn't fit as best it could in my opinion. I love the layout of the main logo, especially the fire. I believe there's opportunity in the shape/thickness/style of the legs of the salamander though, especially the rear legs.

Awesome job everyone--CCSLC has certainly raised the bar even more while I've been gone (which is a LONG time)! Good luck!

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

Archived