2009 NHL season thread- Part II

jkrdevil

I know. It's dumb. I apologize. I just have nothing better to do right now.

That's so sad.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What gives you or anyone else any right to question the reasons anyone has for following a team?

Well put. Good thing you weren't angrily calling out someone as a bandwaggoner for no good reason, or this statement would really paint you as a raging hypocrite.

You chose to become a fan when you moved to the area during one of the most successful times in the history of the franchise. You are the definition of a bandwagon fan. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, it's great that you found a team to root for. But putting down other members because they will openly admit they are interested in a team when they're winning is pretty ridiculous.

PLEASE READ MY ENTIRE POST. ESPECIALLY THE PART WHERE I CLEARLY STATE I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH SOMEONE BEING A BANDWAGON FAN.

LOUD NOISES!

Devils-Bruins game tonight should be good. I like the Bruins most other days, but not tonight. :P

Going to Devils-Penguins tomorrow at The Rock, I'll post pictures, we'll share stories, it'll be FUN! :D

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

For all those wondering what Ray Emery is up to these days... http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=qn80QZODA_I&...ad.php?t=600321

Were they arguing because Emery didn't wanna wear the hat?

Apparently.

I heard he was doing pretty well over there, and now because he didn't want to wear a hat people are remembering the Ray Emery who is late for practice instead of the Ray Emery who went to the finals.

Emery has never been as good as his record says. How many of his wins were because of the all-star team the Senators had in 06-07?

I agree with you. I

t's just it sounded as if he was going to make a comeback to the NHL but this might set him back.

Hi, how are you?

i think wheelhouse said it best, there are bandwagon fans of every team. the Caps have about 14-15k diehard fans, that went when they were bad, stuck around when they were decent in the 80's, down in the 90's, and now were on the upslope again. i wouldnt dare to say zero is a bandwagon fan himself, considering he just happened to move to the area when the team was getting good again. i'll give Pens fans their due, when they make the playoffs, that arena is loud and packed. Caps fans couldnt fill the damn place in 98 in the Cup Finals. the fact is is that Washington is a Redskins town, always has been, always will be, unless things change. if the print and radio media give the team more airtime (im talking to you Czaban), they can help contribute to getting people interested far beyond the years where we are good. Pittsburgh (ugh, kills me to say this) is a helluva sports town. they support their Steelers, Penguins and even the Pirates very well, because the sports talk radio and print media gives them all their time. unfortunately during my drive home i have to listen to Andy Pollin and Steve Czaban drone on about crap that has nothing to do with DC sports (unless its the Redskins). things are quiet at Redskins Park these days and its Super Bowl week, so we wont hear anything about the Caps floundering PK or PP or how Ovechkin did at the all star game, or anything like that. they talk about the Wizards sometimes (9-36?), but thats it. these types of people dont create fanbases, they make fun of people who like "the hockey". basically im putting the blame on the media in this town on helping to create the bandwagon bonanza of this town. we only talk about hockey (barely) when theyre winning, if not, theyre the most dysfunctional franchise in all of sports and you should burn your season tickets on Teds yard!

/rant

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

i think wheelhouse said it best, there are bandwagon fans of every team. the Caps have about 14-15k diehard fans, that went when they were bad, stuck around when they were decent in the 80's, down in the 90's, and now were on the upslope again. i wouldnt dare to say zero is a bandwagon fan himself, considering he just happened to move to the area when the team was getting good again. i'll give Pens fans their due, when they make the playoffs, that arena is loud and packed. Caps fans couldnt fill the damn place in 98 in the Cup Finals. the fact is is that Washington is a Redskins town, always has been, always will be, unless things change. if the print and radio media give the team more airtime (im talking to you Czaban), they can help contribute to getting people interested far beyond the years where we are good. Pittsburgh (ugh, kills me to say this) is a helluva sports town. they support their Steelers, Penguins and even the Pirates very well, because the sports talk radio and print media gives them all their time. unfortunately during my drive home i have to listen to Andy Pollin and Steve Czaban drone on about crap that has nothing to do with DC sports (unless its the Redskins). things are quiet at Redskins Park these days and its Super Bowl week, so we wont hear anything about the Caps floundering PK or PP or how Ovechkin did at the all star game, or anything like that. they talk about the Wizards sometimes (9-36?), but thats it. these types of people dont create fanbases, they make fun of people who like "the hockey". basically im putting the blame on the media in this town on helping to create the bandwagon bonanza of this town. we only talk about hockey (barely) when theyre winning, if not, theyre the most dysfunctional franchise in all of sports and you should burn your season tickets on Teds yard!

/rant

Heh, I challenge you to find some bandwagon Islander fans right now. B)

Stars win third straight against the Red Wings who had won 7 straight at home before the Stars came in.

:)

The Stars are 3-1-0 against the Red Wings this year ... playoff push continues ...

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Stars win third straight against the Red Wings who had won 7 straight at home before the Stars came in.

The Stars are 3-1-0 against the Red Wings this year ... playoff push continues ...

Who.

Cares.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Who.

Cares.

The Leafs fan knows nothing of this "playoff push" you speak of.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Who.

Cares.

He is just mad, because the Leafs won tonight ^_^.

4kv29i.jpg

For all those wondering what Ray Emery is up to these days... http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=qn80QZODA_I&...ad.php?t=600321

Were they arguing because Emery didn't wanna wear the hat?

Apparently.

I heard he was doing pretty well over there, and now because he didn't want to wear a hat people are remembering the Ray Emery who is late for practice instead of the Ray Emery who went to the finals.

Emery has never been as good as his record says. How many of his wins were because of the all-star team the Senators had in 06-07?

I agree with you. I

t's just it sounded as if he was going to make a comeback to the NHL but this might set him back.

Yeah, but he really has nobody to blame but himself. His sideshow act is way to much baggage for most teams. Nobody is forcing him to act the way he is, so if he wants any sort of comeback in the NHL it's up to him, and only him.

1zqy8ok.gif

Who.

Cares.

I care. I watched that game on atdhe.net and the Detroit Red Wings are useless when you want them to win. The Stars are another team joining the crowded western conference pack. The Stars game this Saturday is becoming increasingly important. It should be a good one, the first two games in Dallas were classics.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Who.

Cares.

He is just mad, because the Leafs won tonight ^_^.

Nah, I just don't care about game summaries after EVERY game.

If we want to see that stuff, we can find it on TSN, ESPN, etc.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Here is some fun facts for those who care.

In the show 'Bones', David Boreanaz's character Special Agent Seeley Booth is a big hockey fan.

In the most recent episode 'Fire in the Ice' (Season 4, Episode 13) we get to see him playing hockey. From what I can tell, they are playing the Capitals' practice facility (observation due to the large number of Caps flags hanging around in the facility and the fact this show takes place in DC).

In addition, during a 'blackout' scene (due to him smacking his head off the ice... with no helmet!) he sees himself in a white 70's Flyers jersey with an all black 'C' and 'Clarke' on the back playing shinny with Luc Robitaille who is wearing a white Edge Kings jersey (with no captaincy of any sort... and giving him advice about how to solve a case... very amusing).

Just thought I'd pass this off. This is the most NHL I have seen in a TV show in a LONG, LONG time. Maybe it doesn't belong in this thread, but I don't feel like making a separate thread for this.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Preds in town tonight and with a win the Flames can extend there lead in the Northwest to 13 Points, and if we can get through the next 5 Games (vs. Predators, @ Colorado, @ Dallas, vs. Chicago, vs. Anaheim) 4 out of 5 is possible but I'd love for us to beat Chicago seeing that this could be possibly our last game against them at least until the playoffs.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

last night's Blue Jackets-Red Wings contest was a great game for me. I watched the whole thing with my roommate who is a very smug Red Wings fan. When Rick Nash scored the game and hat trick clincher in overtime, I jumped out of my chair and threw my hat down on the floor.

People were saying this isn't a rivalry. Jackets fans have wanted it to be since 2000, Red Wings fans didn't care about this expansion team, but I think it's getting there. Detroit beat Columbus in last year's season series by 1 point, and this year they're tied at 1-1. A playoff series would heighten it. You've got divisional opponents, playoffs, and then there's also the Ohio State-Michigan aspect, mix them all together and you've got a recipe for a rivalry.

Yay rivalry! That game was awesome with Nash getting one of the rarest hat tricks (shorthanded, powerplay, and overtime 4 on 4).

Okay, I'm just going to gloss over this real quick because it's snowing here, I'm bored, and I just get the feeling that some people here don't know how to read.

Ze4030rosystem - You "stuck it out" when your team barely made the playoffs? THAT'S NOT STICKING IT OUT. Why don't you ask fans of the Columbus Blue Jackets what they think of you sticking it out?

You chose to become a fan when you moved to the area during one of the most successful times in the history of the franchise. You are the definition of a bandwagon fan. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, it's great that you found a team to root for. But putting down other members because they will openly admit they are interested in a team when they're winning is pretty ridiculous. I think it's great that San Jose's success is translating into new hockey fans, but you're more than happy to piss all over it with "BANDWAGON SEASON" because you're so much better.

maz - Guess what, pal. There are bandwagon Washington fans. There are bandwagon Pittsburgh fans. For every single team in every single sport, there are bandwagon fans. Sorry to break your heart. All those crazy loud fans packing Mellon Arena these past few years? 1/8 of them wouldn't be there if the team was losing. I know because I went to the games when Dick Tarnstrom was leading the team in points.

Yeah, first you didn't read his post, and two it's been hard, but it finally looks like this is our year.

Who.

Cares.

I care. I watched that game on atdhe.net and the Detroit Red Wings are useless when you want them to win. The Stars are another team joining the crowded western conference pack. The Stars game this Saturday is becoming increasingly important. It should be a good one, the first two games in Dallas were classics.

Eactly McCarthy. As much as I hate the Wings, us Jackets fans want to see them win :( .

I'm pumped for tonight, as well as tomorrow. Unfortunately this snowfall we've gotten is gonna keep me from heading over to Columbus and watching the Jackets/Stars game.

6fQjS3M.png

Archived