2009 NHL season thread- Part II

jkrdevil

Another great win from the pens last night, and their first consecutive one since November. Sure, 3 nights ago was a lucky win vs. Tampa, and last night was only against the Jackets, without Mason, but dont tell them that. They look like they have confidence again, and should they beat the Redwings tomorrow and (hopefully) get a third win in a row, theres no telling what that could do. They need a huge streak to get back into things, and this is the time it needs to happen.

oBIgzrL.png

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stars win 10-2 over the Rangers!

Wow, VERY informative. <_<

If you don't care about what he has to post why haven't you just put him on your ignore list? You're constantly bickering about him talking about his team's games.

Like you said if you want to know the information you can go to tsn and espn.

I am fine with INFORMATION, not just a damn score.

Like "heyy, so and so got this many goals and he was the stud of the game blah blah" you know, something of substance, not just a way to pad the total post count.

Last time you said if you wanted the information that you could go to tsn.

My whole point is who cares? It seems as if every Korbyn post in this thread is followed by you mocking him, at first because he was telling you who won and who scored, and you said that you would rather go to tsn, now all he said was the score and you want him to tell you information? Make up your mind, or better yet, just ignore it.

Hi, how are you?

If you don't care about what he has to post why haven't you just put him on your ignore list? You're constantly bickering about him talking about his team's games.

Like "heyy, so and so got this many goals and he was the stud of the game blah blah" you know, something of substance, not just a way to pad the total post count.

My whole point is who cares? It seems as if every Korbyn post in this thread is followed by you mocking him, at first because he was telling you who won and who scored, and you said that you would rather go to tsn, now all he said was the score and you want him to tell you information? Make up your mind, or better yet, just ignore it.

Leaf fans seem to get very fickle at this time of season. They either can't win games when they're pushing for the playoffs, or they can't lose games when they're pushing for draft picks.

1zqy8ok.gif

Leaf fans seem to get very fickle at this time of season. They either can't win games when they're pushing for the playoffs, or they can't lose games when they're pushing for draft picks.

Very fickle indeed.

I don't know what it's like since I am a Stars fan, but if my team was on the verge of missing the playoffs for the fourth straight season, I think I would be quite irritable as well.

As for the Rangers why would you want Avery back? After all he has done why would you want that back in your team?

Doesn't make sense to me.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Avery did seem to fit in better with the Rangers, for whatever reason. As a Pens fan who has to see the Rangers a few more times, I don't want them to acquire him. Just because he didn't get along with the Stars doesn't mean he couldn't have a positive effect on another team. He's still a great pest who can chip in goals.

"Purists will bitch and whine, but so what? Purists will Always bitch and whine. That is their function. Res Ipsa Loquitur."

-HST

If I have to live with seeing recaps, then do what MAZ did. Now THAT is how you post a recap. :P

Fickle eh? Maybe Korbyn and Breakwood, two self loathing GTA residents, feel it makes them special to break away from the norm and cheer on teams that you can easily hide behind (for the most part) should turn on a Leafs game and see how 'terrible' it really is. For the most part, the games have been entertaining, win or lose. I can't care less that we are not a playoff team, I never once had that delusion. I know the calibre of the teams that we have put out there for the past few seasons and they were really not that good. You can't expect a pile of crap to suddenly turn into solid gold.

You know what? My team did not overachieve in the past season like the Stars and Canadiens have, and I don't have to get bitter about how they aren't the top team in their respective conferences. Sure the Stars have been playing better lately, but how much longer until this bubble bursts and they once again realize that they aren't as great as they thought they were. Montreal, on the other hand, has done what any logical person said they would do - bomb. They overachieved and everyone knew it, except some people decided to look past that and are now surprised to see that a defenseman is their leading scorer. My team may have issues, but at least they are easier to solve than the messes which exist with those two franchises.

As you can see, I have no problem with my team sucking. I won't throw in the towel though, and you know why? I'm a fan, and as a fan you don't go and hide away when the times are tough. You don't see the future as being bleak just because you have not won in 40 years. Every team goes through these struggles, just some seem to be luckier than others and find ways to get back to the top on a consistent basis.

I am not irritable because my team sucks, I am irritable because stupid people get me this way.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

So, the Coyotes are going down the sh**ter. They have lost something like 6 out of 7, just a few weeks ago they were sitting at 5th in the west. Obviously if they just get like 2 wins in a row they will be back up to like 6th, the way the west is going, but they really, really need a win tonight versus the Hurricanes. If they lose, I don't know if they can recover.

So, the Coyotes are going down the sh**ter. They have lost something like 6 out of 7, just a few weeks ago they were sitting at 5th in the west. Obviously if they just get like 2 wins in a row they will be back up to like 6th, the way the west is going, but they really, really need a win tonight versus the Hurricanes. If they lose, I don't know if they can recover.

That is unfortunate, I really like their team this year and want to see them in the post season. I have a feeling they can pull it together, either with the group they have or a new body brought into the fold. Either way, I'm hoping they can find a way to get back on track!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

My team did not achieve in past seasons

Much better.

And I restate my theory about Leaf Fans != hockey fans. Not necessarily a shot at you, Neon, but you're not exactly disproving my theory with every post.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Much better.

And I restate my theory about Leaf Fans != hockey fans. Not necessarily a shot at you, Neon, but you're not exactly disproving my theory with every post.

Ouch man.

I will be the first to admit most people who throw on a Leafs jersey is an idiot, but every team has that group.

What exactly does not make me a hockey fan?

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

You can't count out anyone in the Western Conference, though, as all 15 teams are literally packed like sardines and even last place St. Louis can sneak into the playoffs.

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Yup... Apart from San Jose, Detroit, Calgary, Chicago and St. Louis (they're 7 points out and have to jump 7 teams to make it), Everybody else is crunched in. The top 4 are far enough away from everybody else to not have to worry and St. Louis has too much work to do.

8 points seperate 5th place from 14th place.

Chicago is 7 points up on 5th place Anaheim (Chicago also has 6 games in hand on Anaheim, but only 1 on 6th Dallas and 7th Minnesota)

5. Ducks - 59 points/56 games

6. Stars - 57 points/51 games

7. Wild - 55 points/51 games

8. Oilers - 55 points/52 games

---------------------------------------

9. Canucks - 54 points/51 games

10. Predators - 53 points/52 games

11. Blue Jackets - 53 points/52 games (behind due to wins)

12. Coyotes - 53 Points/53 games

13. Kings - 51 points/50 games

14. Avalanche - 51 points/52 games

It's definitely going to be a crazzzzzzzzzzzzzy stretch run in the West

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Thanks for raining on my little hope parade Mr. Despair.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Much better.

Ouch man.

I will be the first to admit most people who throw on a Leafs jersey is an idiot, but every team has that group.

What exactly does not make me a hockey fan?

Like I said, it wasn't necessarily a shot at you. But you have been taking on a Lamicus-like tendency as of late to drone on ad-nauseum about the Leafs, even when your replying to a post that has nothing to do with them. Not every post, of course, but enough posts that I have started scrolling past your posts when I see them coming up.

It's nothing personal, you grew up in the GTA, and simply don't know any better ;).

BTW, Korbyn is from, I believe, Kenora; contrary to local legend, the GTA does not yet extend to the Manitoba border. He's allowed to cheer for any team he desires. It's not his fault he's a Stars fan, the same way it's not your fault you're a Leafs fan. If anything, society is to blame.

Cheers.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Flames have dropped 4 Straight and the upcoming schedule isn't that great

Monday: Habs are here would love to hand them a beating after what they did to us in there barn in December

Wednesday/Thursday: So-Cal Road trip Anaheim is always tough as they showed today and LA is improved greatly from the last time we played them

Saturday: Phoenix has beat us both times in Calgary and the Last time we were there in late October we beat them down

8 Points is a great possibility to put a clampdown on the Northwest with 30 or less games to go

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

The Senators won in a shootout?! :huh:

It's nice to see something positive from Ottawa. By no means do I think they will even contend for a playoff spot, but still nice to see a win regardless.

On another note, I'm really liking Brian Elliot's play, It's been a while where I've had any sort of confidence/comfort with a Goalie in Ottawa. Here's hoping he can be a future star.

Hi, how are you?

Canucks 7, Blackhawks 3. Chicago just looked off tonight, while the Sundin-Kesler-Demitra line was gangbusters.

Kesler, of all people, helps to ignite the two big FA signings in Vancouver. In all seriousness, he and Burrows have got to be two of the best bargains in the NHL, bar none.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

BTW, Korbyn is from, I believe, Kenora; contrary to local legend, the GTA does not yet extend to the Manitoba border. He's allowed to cheer for any team he desires. It's not his fault he's a Stars fan, the same way it's not your fault you're a Leafs fan. If anything, society is to blame.

Cheers.

Thank you, haha.

When you say your from Ontario people automatically think of being around Toronto. Kenora is 1372 km (853 miles) away from Edmonton and 1328 km (825 miles) from Toronto.

Not exactly GTA.

Neon do you think before you speak sometimes?

My team may have issues, but at least they are easier to solve than the messes which exist with those two franchises.

Huh? Are we talking about the same franchises you are?

Were talking about the Canadiens and Stars right?

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived