To NYI: 1st round pick

2nd round pick

2nd round pick

To TOR: 1st overall pick

:)

Just beleaf...

I'd be game for that!!!! ^_^

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I guess there is no chance of that happening then, this is a clueless organization.

I will say this if Taveras ends up in Toronto it would be good for the NHL.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I guess there is no chance of that happening then, this is a clueless organization.

How? Toronto is still successful even though they've missed the playoffs for 4 years straight.

It would be much better for a small market team. It would restore some good back into that lowly organization.

Hi, how are you?

How? Toronto is still successful even though they've missed the playoffs for 4 years straight.

It would be much better for a small market team. It would restore some good back into that lowly organization.

The Isles are a small market team? :blink:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You can only ride this kind of mediocrity for so long. Hockey is a dying sport in the GTA among newer generations and immigrants. It is harder and more expensive to play the sport and therefore more difficult to make new fans, from both domestic kids and those who come from countries where hockey has no level of popularity. Without a successful team, the only new fans will be from downtown, WASP families who can afford to send their kids to play hockey and attend games and those who have been following for a long time. Trust me, we need a super star player and a successful team almost as badly as Pittsburgh needed Crosby.

The fans for the Leafs is like the auto industry for Ontario. Without fans, the team makes no money and can't support the other struggling teams in the league, much like Ontario has become a "have not" province due to losses in the auto sector as well as the increased monetary strength of provinces like Alberta and Newfoundland. We need to keep making fans and we can't do so while missing the playoffs and not having a top 10 scoring player. :P

I hate to sound cocky, but the league NEEDS Toronto to keep making money. Yes it would be good if every team could make their own money and support themselves but the reality is, only 16 teams a year can be successful and the other 14 will lose fans and experience decreased attendance due to failure. Therefore those teams that can piggyback the others need help themselves to guarantee that they can keep doing so.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Personally I think and this totally my opinion but I think Matt Duchene will pan out to be a better pro in the long run and it looks like he'll be an Av come October.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

The Isles are a small market team? :blink:

Edit: Smaller

Hi, how are you?

This is a good move. I don't know if it was Risebrough or Lemaire's fault, but the Wild haven't drafted enough WCHA players, especially Gophers. People like to see the hometown players playing for the Wild, and there are a few Gophers that are starting to pan out around the league now (Phil Kessell, Blake Wheeler, Paul Martin, Thomas Vanek, Keith Ballard, etc.)

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

The Canadiens showed some real class at the end of the game. Helluva job there Habs.

As for the game itself, the B's came out in force only to let off the gas way too early. They nearly paid for it getting dominated throughout the 2nd period. Good to see they fought strong and didn't let Laroque (aka Steve Avery sans hockey skills) get to them. And gosh damn, how beautiful was Kovalev's goal? What a snipe.

Tim Thomas was his usual self, laying on the ice for 59 of the 60 minutes, but still making all the saves that needed to be made.

A well fought victory that I'll take any day of the week. Keep it up B's.

Archived