Michigan To Wear 1989 Throwback Saturday

wOOgiE

Loved that set. Isn't it also illegal now to wear a larger, stand-alone first letter in the team name on the jersey? Sorry if someone already mentioned that. I know Louisville introduced a set a few years ago with their big L, but the NCAA knocked it down. Super-silly, IMO.

I love the 1989 throwback, it takes me back to an 8 year old little boy watching the game and cheering on the Wolverines. Although they are always going to be my second favorite to the Fab 5 years. Glad they went away from the jersey with just the Michigan M in the middle of the chest

Oh god, I remember that year. Both Michigan and North Carolina (I'm going to guess it was still during the Doherty years, because UNC was awful) had jerseys with just the letter mark on the chest, with the number under it. Luckily the look didn't catch on (probably due to the suckiness of both teams that season :D)

sportsbanner-single.jpg

Oh god, I remember that year. Both Michigan and North Carolina (I'm going to guess it was still during the Doherty years, because UNC was awful) had jerseys with just the letter mark on the chest, with the number under it. Luckily the look didn't catch on (probably due to the suckiness of both teams that season :D)

UNC went to the Final Four the year they wore the "NC" on their uniforms under coach Bill Guthridge.

http://tarheelblue.cstv.com/sports/m-baskb.../080900aab.html

So UNC was not "awful" even if the jerseys were.

UNC went to the Final Four the year they wore the "NC" on their uniforms under coach Bill Guthridge.

Well technically, that WAS the team that a great deal of us (myself included) said UNC only got into the tournament because they're UNC... :D

P.S. I knew that was going to happen. 20 year reunion for the national championship team, throwback jerseys, win this one and Michigan's basically a lock to go to the NCAAs for the first time in over a decade... it was easy to pick OSU for that one.

sportsbanner-single.jpg

Well technically, that WAS the team that a great deal of us (myself included) said UNC only got into the tournament because they're UNC... :D

P.S. I knew that was going to happen. 20 year reunion for the national championship team, throwback jerseys, win this one and Michigan's basically a lock to go to the NCAAs for the first time in over a decade... it was easy to pick OSU for that one.

So I guess with that uni template, we should expect a Missouri cermony of the same kind with the following players:

Doug Smith

Derrick Chevious

Steve Stipanovich

Anthony Peeler

Travis Ford (pre-transfer)

Jon Sunvold

Simeon and Sammie Haley

Oh, wait, Norm Stewart NEVER made it to the Final Four! Darn!

Archived