2010 BCS National Championship Logo

meetthemets

It's simple, you can tell it's at the Rose Bowl, and the sponsor doesn't overwhelm the logo. I like it.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

just for the record, i'm waiting for people to start bashing citi for sponsoring the 2010 national championship, considering all the flack the mets caught for still having citi as their naming rights partner. if it's a citi issue, we should be consistent. maybe we can have two more politians urge this time for "citi/the taxpayers of the u.s. present the 2010 bcs national championship game." i'm just sayin'.

although, i must say, if the OTHER logo citi was involved in was this classy, the mets may not be so easy to gang up on.

sig2024.png

There are a few defects; the flatness of the top part of the football is the most egregious to my eyes. There's nothing "awful" about it. It's a nice logo.

Agreed on both points. If anything, it seems a little subdued - I would have expected that the word "CHAMPIONSHIP" would be given more prominence.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

There are a few defects; the flatness of the top part of the football is the most egregious to my eyes. There's nothing "awful" about it. It's a nice logo.

Just seems very uninspired to me. Typical Copperplate font with a banner. The football is ugly and the black borders are uneven. I think there are members of this board who could have done a much better job.

The football seems elongated, but that's about it.

Also, Citi sponsors the Rose Bowl Game. Perhaps that's related to why they're sponsoring this?

Right. Wherever the BCS Championship game is, it is sponsored by the corresponding BCS bowl. That's why FedEx sponsored the 2009 game (held in Miami, home of the FedEx Orange Bowl).

oakqb4.jpg

I agree that they did a great job minimizing the Citi presence. But the rest of the text doesn't seem to match the style of the Citi football. It looks very dated, very "late 80's sweatshirt", if you know what I'm trying to say.
Agreed. It just seems very "quiet." It doesn't really stand out, nor does it really have any "presence," esp. considering it's supposed to be for the championship game.

Archived