College Football Playoff!

jgiff17

Ok check this out...I have been going over this in my head every year around bowl time when I am watching teams that are not in a major conference, but look as though they could put up a fight or even win the national championship. So I have put together a formula which I believe would make everyone happy...fans, the big college presidents, the small colleges, the BCS, and more importantly this formula will make the regular season even more important than it is right now. You have four regions North(Big Ten, Big East), East(ACC, SEC), South(Big XII, CUSA), and West(Pac 10, MW). One At Large per Region based on the BCS rankings after the automatic bids for conference champs. The Big Ten, SEC, Big XII, and the Pac 10 would have first round byes. The other four conf winners will have home field first round games against the At Large bids. The 4 At Large bids will be allocated to the nearest region to their location, so in a year like this you would want to be in Texas' situation because you will stay in the South. The four major bowls will be used along with the Chick-fil-a Bowl and Motor City Bowl. And the National Championship Games will go like this for example:(8 year rotation) Pasadena, CA, (North Reg) Indianapolis, IN Glendale, AZ, (East Reg) Charlotte, NC, New Orleans, LA, (South Reg) Dallas, TX, Miami, FL, (West Reg) San Diego, CA. The regional sites cannot bid the next 8 years after having the national championship game. So here we go FIRST ROUND: SOUTH Texas at East Carolina (Home) winner plays Oklahoma in Sugar Bowl...WEST Texas Tech at Utah (Home) winner plays USC in Rose Bowl...EAST Alabama at VA Tech (Home) winner plays Florida at Chick-fil-a Bowl...NORTH Boise St at Cincy (Home) winner plays Penn State at Motor City Bowl...Sugar and Rose winners play at Fiesta Bowl...Chick-fil-a and Motor City winners play in Orange Bowl...Orange and Fiesta play in National Champ Game Jan 10, 2009

Ok check this out...I have been going over this in my head every year around bowl time when I am watching teams that are not in a major conference, but look as though they could put up a fight or even win the national championship. So I have put together a formula which I believe would make everyone happy...fans, the big college presidents, the small colleges, the BCS, and more importantly this formula will make the regular season even more important than it is right now. You have four regions North(Big Ten, Big East), East(ACC, SEC), South(Big XII, CUSA), and West(Pac 10, MW). One At Large per Region based on the BCS rankings after the automatic bids for conference champs. The Big Ten, SEC, Big XII, and the Pac 10 would have first round byes. The other four conf winners will have home field first round games against the At Large bids. The 4 At Large bids will be allocated to the nearest region to their location, so in a year like this you would want to be in Texas' situation because you will stay in the South. The four major bowls will be used along with the Chick-fil-a Bowl and Motor City Bowl. And the National Championship Games will go like this for example:(8 year rotation) Pasadena, CA, (North Reg) Indianapolis, IN Glendale, AZ, (East Reg) Charlotte, NC, New Orleans, LA, (South Reg) Dallas, TX, Miami, FL, (West Reg) San Diego, CA. The regional sites cannot bid the next 8 years after having the national championship game. So here we go FIRST ROUND: SOUTH Texas at East Carolina (Home) winner plays Oklahoma in Sugar Bowl...WEST Texas Tech at Utah (Home) winner plays USC in Rose Bowl...EAST Alabama at VA Tech (Home) winner plays Florida at Chick-fil-a Bowl...NORTH Boise St at Cincy (Home) winner plays Penn State at Motor City Bowl...Sugar and Rose winners play at Fiesta Bowl...Chick-fil-a and Motor City winners play in Orange Bowl...Orange and Fiesta play in National Champ Game Jan 10, 2009

How is that going to help? You're still going to be giving the elite conferences the treatment of elitest! How about making the Top 4 in the BCS Polls the first round byes instead of just giving the SEC, Big Ten, Pac 10 and Big XII the byes.

How is that going to help? You're still going to be giving the elite conferences the treatment of elitest! How about making the Top 4 in the BCS Polls the first round byes instead of just giving the SEC, Big Ten, Pac 10 and Big XII the byes.

I'm all for The Big Ten getting a bye. Can he find a way for the Big Ten to avoid The SEC, PAC-10, and Big XII as well?

BB52Big.jpg

I'm all for The Big Ten getting a bye. Can he find a way for the Big Ten to avoid The SEC, PAC-10, and Big XII as well?

Have the Big Ten get a bye to the Finals and have them lose it :P

I'll take a bunch of losses, as long as we get there! :P

6fQjS3M.png

I'll take a bunch of losses, as long as we get there! :P

Yeah that would be nice other than when my Buckeyes would get smashed time and time again, but hey atleast they have been there more than most of the other teams in the nation...Michigan...Texas...Choking in the BCS bowls is what Ohio State and Oklahoma do it's almost like football and crabcakes in Maryland! But to get back to the subject this is basically the NFL layout only put into regional form to allow the great students at our universities to have a chance to go to school and drive to atleast one bowl if they are at a major conf school or if they are in the first round at a smaller conf then to just get plastered the night before and head to the game down the street and continue the boozing. It's all good for our outstanding students...and oh yea the fans also...and the TV companies that can sell ads for these games at a rate unheard of since college football is and always will reign king over any other college sport and maybe even most pro sports. I think there could be alot of money made by everyone involved and alot of great matchups. You can still have all the rest of the schools that win one game play in some pathetic bowl but have those during the week so that way you have just an overdose of football and that has never killed anyone it just makes you lazy and hungry...wait that's something else nevermind.

Yeah that would be nice other than when my Buckeyes would get smashed time and time again, but hey atleast they have been there more than most of the other teams in the nation...Michigan...Texas...Choking in the BCS bowls is what Ohio State and Oklahoma do it's almost like football and crabcakes in Maryland! But to get back to the subject this is basically the NFL layout only put into regional form to allow the great students at our universities to have a chance to go to school and drive to atleast one bowl if they are at a major conf school or if they are in the first round at a smaller conf then to just get plastered the night before and head to the game down the street and continue the boozing. It's all good for our outstanding students...and oh yea the fans also...and the TV companies that can sell ads for these games at a rate unheard of since college football is and always will reign king over any other college sport and maybe even most pro sports. I think there could be alot of money made by everyone involved and alot of great matchups. You can still have all the rest of the schools that win one game play in some pathetic bowl but have those during the week so that way you have just an overdose of football and that has never killed anyone it just makes you lazy and hungry...wait that's something else nevermind.

If you are concerned with students travelling, when would the tournament start? Remember you are dealing around final exams and holidays.

Secondly, will games only take place on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday to avoid direct competition with the final weeks of the NFL season as you mention the subtier bowls continue to play mid-week? See my first statement in regards to student travel.

Lastly, you mention alcohol twice and I hope it was in jest. An overdose of football has nto killed anyone, but an overdose of alcohol has killed a college student and most of us know someone who has been impacted by an impaired driver. For teh record, if this was adopted by the NCAA, there would not be alochol sales on site like the Final Four. It would be dry.

Gah. Just get some sort of playoff installed. That's what I say.

I could go with plus-one, the winners of the four major bowls moving onto semifinals before the championships, or just about anything posted here.

I just want to see a national champion crowned ON THE FIELD, and not through polls.

I don't see any problem with a major bowl being a stepping-stone to a championship, anyway.

It just means two trophies at the end of the season for the national champion, instead of one for the bowl. Isn't two trophies better than one? And imagine the payoff that a school would get for winning the Rose Bowl AND the national championship two weeks later. That ought to be incentive to the money-grubbing college presidents.

Archived