NFL Films Special Order Catalog

BlueSky

For many years I've wished the NFL would sell historical material. Well, turns out they do. I'm seriously thinking of picking up some early Saints stuff, like their '67 highlight film. You can even get episodes of This Week in Pro Football and so on. Looks awesome if pricey ($50 for a DVD of one item). Anybody ordered from them? If so, what was your experience?

http://www.nflfilms.com/specialorders/

BTW, on the 'Team Highlights' page it can be a bit confusing, you have to click on the team logo at the top of the page to see the list of available films.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Some of those "team highlights" tapes are only 25 minutes long? I thought that those things were at least an hour. $50 for a 25 minute tape is a little steep.

I wish they had an "in store pickup" option to save on the shipping too, considering it's right across the bridge here.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Some of those "team highlights" tapes are only 25 minutes long? I thought that those things were at least an hour. $50 for a 25 minute tape is a little steep.

I wish they had an "in store pickup" option to save on the shipping too, considering it's right across the bridge here.

They were originally 30 minute TV shows with commercials so the net length is shorter. Yeah, it's pricey, but there's nowhere else to get authentic NFL Films material from the 60's.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

These are those team yearbooks that ESPN used to show in the summer, and before that were shown at team functions and in the home team market.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The price is so high because the stuff is special order and it will never do much in mass sales. You can't keep the costs down if you're only selling 20 copies of the 1978 Browns or whatever. In any case, I for one am thrilled.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived