Selection Sunday

See Red

NJTank, I like the way you think. Liberty COULD do it... as St. Joes isn't all that great. I think their should be some sort of rule that if you don't win your conference tournament, you can't be a #1 seed.

IUe6Hvh.png

STL Fanatic -- That statement is outrageously... correct, sadly.

That's how the selection committee works, though. Alot of it is based on the name of your school.

Now let's say that Colorado University was named Kansas University and they were in the exact position they're in now. Not only would they get into the tourney... they would get a decent seed.

IUe6Hvh.png

University of Kansas bub :P j/k

I wonder if the football scandal at CU had anything to do with the committee's choice to leave them out. Probably not, but might be bad PR, who knows.

I joined the group, this could be fun.

....and don't get me started on Air Force, not worthy of being in the tourney at all, colorado, mizzou, florida state........all better teams

I could go on forever though.

Go UConn, Go KU, Go anyone vs. Duke

Travis

rush.png

Clipboard03.jpg

You Heard it here first, Valporaiso over Gonzaga (aka craptacularly overrated team) :D

You're forgetting that Gonzaga, like Wisconsin, is essentially playing a home game. Ain't gonna happen.

It's where I sit.

I'm so sick of hearing about the ACC, ACCthis, ACCthat, they may have a wonderful conference, they are all quality teams but there are 59 teams from other conferences in the tourney. I'm willing to bet that all four teams in San Antonio won't be ACC teams. (Kentucky, Stanford, Oklahoma State, Texas, ect...)

Speaking of seeding, how 'bout Wisconsin, win the Big10 by a large margin over Illinois, and get a six seed. What? and the Illini are a five, to hell with conference tourneys I say.

At least Mizzou isn't dancing :D ................

Rock Chalk,

Travis

Yeah, but the Illini won the regular season, and any intelligent fan who watched knows that while the outcome probably wouldn't have changed (the Illini weren't hitting shots, and Wisconsin was playing well) refs who called fair and consistent would have preventing that game from never being close.

Anyway, I think they both should have been 3 or 4 seeds, but the committeed relies too much on these conference rankings, plus they messed with everything to get locations favorable.

And still, WHAT'S WITH FREAKING MARYLAND AT 4???

The committee has too much f a what have ou done lately attitude. They might as well have played a five game season, because as long as you go .500 hundred the first have of the year, have a prominent college basketball school name, and then win your last four or five, your in the tourney.

I can't really blame Maryland being #4. It may be alot based on their name -- but take a look at the names they beat in that conference tournament.

I believe the ACC dominated the tournament with the Big Ten this year. Maryland still had a few big wins -- and that was basically a road game they played in the final round of the tourney against Duke, was it not?

IUe6Hvh.png

I can't really blame Maryland being #4. It may be alot based on their name -- but take a look at the names they beat in that conference tournament.

I believe the ACC dominated the tournament with the Big Ten this year. Maryland still had a few big wins -- and that was basically a road game they played in the final round of the tourney against Duke, was it not?

It was in Greensboro, NC

duke-white-sm.gifcavs2-sm.gifyankees2-sm.gifga-sm.gif

duke.gif

brownsSig.gif

Archived