AFC / NFC Logos

Ludachrisc23

Actually, they were independent. The game that is now referred to as Super Bowl I was THE first time that there was any kind of cooperation between the two leagues in public. After that game, the first common draft was held in 1967, interleague preseason games were held starting in '67, etc. But the Super Bowl was the FIRST time that they were together. Of course, I'm being a little anal, but that's what we're all about here.

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If anything the NFL Championship Game became the NFC Championship Game, and the AFL Championship Game became the AFC Championship Game.

Not true. The NFL Championship became the Super Bowl for the 1970 season. The AFL Championship ceased to be after the merger.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I would like it better if the A was the same size as the N and had the stars inside the A and not on the outside.

It's suppose to mimic the old AFL league logo. A letter "A" surrounded by three stars on each side.

Ugh, when can we stop paying tribute to the AFL? Casual fans couldn't even name more than three teams that were in it, let alone one team.

They couldn't? I'm willing to bet that the casual fan would be able to name most of the AFL teams if not all of them. All but 1 of the former AFL teams still exist to this day with that 1 team moving just a decade ago.

BTW, I can name all 10 AFL teams without looking it up. Here you go:

New York Jets (Originally New York Titans)

New England Patriots

Buffalo Bills

Miami Dolphins

Cincinnati Bengals

Houston Oilers

Kansas City Chiefs (Originally Dallas Texans)

Oakland Raiders

San Diego Chargers (Originally LA Chargers)

Denver Broncos

Sorry for my long post last night I was already half asleep. Anyway's the point was made the NFL Championship then is more equal to the NFC Championship now. I could say the same for the AFL/AFC to a point just from Super Bowl V and on it's been for the NFL Championship or as some say Super Bowl Championship. Simply put both the Jets and Chiefs won a Super Bowl but still have never been NFL Champions.

P.S. The Patriots were the Boston Patriots until 71.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

I would like it better if the A was the same size as the N and had the stars inside the A and not on the outside.

It's suppose to mimic the old AFL league logo. A letter "A" surrounded by three stars on each side.

Ugh, when can we stop paying tribute to the AFL? Casual fans couldn't even name more than three teams that were in it, let alone one team.

They couldn't? I'm willing to bet that the casual fan would be able to name most of the AFL teams if not all of them. All but 1 of the former AFL teams still exist to this day with that 1 team moving just a decade ago.

New England Patriots

Buffalo Bills

Miami Dolphins

Cincinnati Bengals

Houston Oilers

Oakland Raiders

Denver Broncos

The Bengals played two seasons in the AFL and joined with the knowledge that they were going to be a NFL team once the merge was finalized before the 1970 season. Paul Brown hated the AFL and threatened to sue when there was a movement to have a MLB type set-up with two seprate leagues with only a common draft and World Championship Game, his famous quote was "I didn't pay ten million dollars to be in the AFL".

New England Patriots

Buffalo Bills

Miami Dolphins

Cincinnati Bengals

Houston Oilers

Oakland Raiders

Denver Broncos

Dude, you are so cool!!

New England Patriots

Buffalo Bills

Miami Dolphins

Cincinnati Bengals

Houston Oilers

Oakland Raiders

Denver Broncos

The Bengals played two seasons in the AFL and joined with the knowledge that they were going to be a NFL team once the merge was finalized before the 1970 season. Paul Brown hated the AFL and threatened to sue when there was a movement to have a MLB type set-up with two seprate leagues with only a common draft and World Championship Game, his famous quote was "I didn't pay ten million dollars to be in the AFL".

It's because he had already worked his way into the NFL from the AAFC with the Browns and didn't want to go through it again where his achevements are not recorded. ( 1948 15-0 Browns)

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Just because you can name all of the old AFL teams doesn't mean everybody can.

In fact I can bet you 9/10 people couldn't name 3 of the teams.

Hell, I even couldn't.

I was born in 1991 and have only been a football fan since '98 or '99 and I could name all of the AFL teams. So jkrdevil, you, and I, that makes three people (two of which could name the AFL teams): 2/3, which is 66%. You're saying that only 1/10 (10%) people could name all of the teams in the AFL, I do believe 66 is a greater number than 10.

Hell, I even couldn't.

Most people who are sports fans can name the teams.

Even my sports-retarded sister can name the AFL teams.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I know a few morons that can tell the diference between newer teams and older teams aka old AFL teams there is just so many. Then again I have known people that thought the AFC teams all started around the same time including the old school NFL ones .

#DTWD #GoJaguars

If anything the NFL Championship Game became the NFC Championship Game, and the AFL Championship Game became the AFC Championship Game.

Not true. The NFL Championship became the Super Bowl for the 1970 season. The AFL Championship ceased to be after the merger.

I'll just agree to disagree on that point. To me the Super Bowl originally transcended both league title games to the point where they were both just promoted to conference championships once the leagues merged.

Hell, I even couldn't.

So because you're ignorant when it comes to football history the NFL should stop recognizing a league that helped innovate the sport?

If we played by your rules no team would bother referencing its history further then ten years back.

Hell, I even couldn't.

In the words of Ron White..

Next time you have a thought... Just let it go..

TDZiMMB.png

nfcafc.jpg

Those are pretty good. Maybe make the letters thicker and they could work.

And maybe put the stars around the N inside the letter instead.

You can't, it's too small. It's the same letters from the NFL logo. So the stars would be too small and very unreadable.

Not if he does as Chuck suggested and make the letters thicker.

Either way, these look good. Just thought the stars in the N would be a decent tribute to the current NFC logo.

nfcafc.jpg

Those are pretty good. Maybe make the letters thicker and they could work.

And maybe put the stars around the N inside the letter instead.

You can't, it's too small. It's the same letters from the NFL logo. So the stars would be too small and very unreadable.

Not if he does as Chuck suggested and make the letters thicker.

Either way, these look good. Just thought the stars in the N would be a decent tribute to the current NFC logo.

Yeah, but the current NFC logo blows. :D Right after Paul Brown's rule about bad teams in gaudy uniforms comes homages to ugly designs.

At least these two logos are bland in the same way. :P

Archived