Pizza Hut's new logo?

burgundy

We ordered pizza tonight from Pizza Hut and when we got it, it had what looked like a new logo...

thehut.png

I haven't seen anything else on this, so I thought I'd post. They still have the old logo up on the banner of the site, but they have a picture of the new box. So is this just a box logo, or are they changing logos completely?

spacer.png

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DAMMIT! I've been sitting on this topic for weeks, waiting to scan this image into my computer. you guys beat me to it! It was from the coupon book at pizza hut

thehut.JPG

I noticed that the coupons just have the red roof on them, and so do the staff shirts.

I bet It's gonna be a slow rebrand, until the whole thing becomes the Hut

and I like the new logo.

Do they have many traditional, sit-down restaurants anymore (not counting those hybrid Taco Bell or KFC [slash] Pizza Hut fast food places)? I used to see a bunch, but in like the last decade I've seen maybe 1 or 2 total (and those were in like small towns off the beaten track). I can see why, from a simple naming standpoint, they'd want to broaden their appeal (instead of just being "that pizza place"), but I wonder if this means a return towards opening more traditional restaurants for the Hut franchise. I know they deliver pasta, but that just doesn't "feel" right. Pasta has always felt more like a "go out to eat" meal instead of something delivered (but that's just me).

thats nothing. in the most retarded piece of rebranding in history,

pizza hut is becoming pasta hut in the uk.

watch the awful flash banner animation.

http://www.pastahut.co.uk/Home

I still think this is a small marketing gimic just to promote the pasta. IF its isn't though its just stupid

On April 1, 2008, Pizza Hut sent emails to customers advertising that they now offer pasta items on their menu. The email (and similar advertising on the company's website) stated "Pasta so good we've changed our name to 'Pasta Hut'." The name change was a publicity stunt held in conjunction with April Fools' Day, extending through the month of April, with the company's Dallas headquarters changing its exterior logo to Pasta Hut. This name change was also used to promote the new Tuscani Pasta line and new Pizza Hut dine-in menu. The First Pasta Hut Ad has the Original Pizza Hut restaurant being imploded and recreated, but when they construct the new building, the sign saying "Pasta Hut" is placed on the building. Pasta Hut is now part of the Pizza Hut menu.

I just saw a Pizza Hut commercial. The voiceover guy referred to Pizza Hut as Pizza Hut, but the packaging in one of the closeups of the pizza had "The Hut" logo on it and neither "The Hut" nor the "Pizza Hut" logo appeared on the last shot with the red background. It was just the red roof over some slogan.

does anyone else think this logo is still the best of them all. Most of the ones I see they still use the script on the roof other then the new one.

Yea I think that is the best, they just changed the 2 I knew that had the older logo to the current pizza hut logo last year.

I liked the older one better.

And I wont get started on "The hut" thats just stupid.

I just saw a Pizza Hut commercial. The voiceover guy referred to Pizza Hut as Pizza Hut, but the packaging in one of the closeups of the pizza had "The Hut" logo on it and neither "The Hut" nor the "Pizza Hut" logo appeared on the last shot with the red background. It was just the red roof over some slogan.

"now you're Eating"

Archived