WHL Team Logos Redesign

chickenfish13

Hey Guys. I wanted to do a league team logos redesign, but I wanted to try it out with a minor league. I chose the WHL, and am starting off with the Brandon Wheat Kings. Remember, this is only Logo Redesigns, no Jerseys. At least, not yet. For those of you who don't know anything about the WHL, here is the Wheat Kings Current Primary Logos.

kings-1.gif

Now, here are my logos. C & C as always.

wheatkingsedesigeupdate.png

I'm sorry but these aren't doing it for me. A few things to think about are that wheat is gold/tan not black, so maybe reverse the colors. Also, maybe try to stylize the crown a little more, and try not to use such a generic font.

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

the font you are using does not work for a sports team. Looks like a logo for a bank, or law firm, or a nice bottle of brandy. your original crown was better when it was gold, not black, but it still looks like less of a crown than the crown on the actual logo they use. I guess I just dont really see what you're going for here.

I just noticed that that is the exact same wheat you used in your Harvesters logo from a few days ago. Are you just going to make as many logos as possible where you can use that (possibly a Mil. Brewers logo remake) until you actually are forced to draw something new? Not trying to be a D!$k but I dont get why?

Hey Guys. I wanted to do a league team logos redesign, but I wanted to try it out with a minor league. I chose the WHL, and am starting off with the Brandon Wheat Kings. Remember, this is only Logo Redesigns, no Jerseys. At least, not yet. For those of you who don't know anything about the WHL, here is the Wheat Kings Current Primary Logos.

kings-1.gif

No offense but I like the current one better. Good try though.

I just noticed that that is the exact same wheat you used in your Harvesters logo from a few days ago. Are you just going to make as many logos as possible where you can use that (possibly a Mil. Brewers logo remake) until you actually are forced to draw something new? Not trying to be a D!$k but I dont get why?

No, actually, I just chose to do the Wheat Kings, and I happened to already have a wheat logo, so I thought, why not use it? Anyways, I am doing my logo redesign for the Kelowna Rockets, and I promise you there will be no wheat in that concept ^_^

kings-1.gif

Brandon already has the best logo in the league... Pretty hard to beat their primary or their alts. Just move onto Kelowna... They could use help a lot worse than the Kings...

canada.png

rocketstemp.png

Seems too much like a Houston Rockets imitation. Also, I don't think that the red and teal (or whatever that is) look good together without another colour in between. However, with that being said, I am still not a fan of the current unis. I am very happy that you left out the "Ogo Pogo" I hate the idea of that representing Rockets. I look forward to seeing what you do with the Prince George Cougars though.

Well. I lied. First of all, I am doing the Kootenay Ice instead. Second of all, it's already done. I think that it is my best so far. So here is the 3rd team in the WHL logo redesign series, the Kootenay Ice.

Original Logo:

ice.gif

My Logos:

icetemp.png

OK, so these ones may need some explaining. The primary is pretty much self-explanatory, but the secondary is more difficult to figure out. It is supposed to be a yeti foot inside of a chunk of ice, with Ice imprinted in the footprint. The word mark is the text in a chunk of ice. Hope that helps. C & C as always.

Next, I will be doing the Medicine Hat Tigers. It will be done in a couple of days. Stay tuned.

I think you need to work on making the ones you've already done better. All of them have been a major downgrade so far; far too clip-arty, and not suitable for a hockey team. The only decent font you've chosen is for Kelowna, all the others have no business in a sports identity set. Like a few others have said, Brandon looks like a business, or a lawfirm, or a brandy bottle.

Back to the drawing board IMHO...

Next, I will be doing the Medicine Hat Tigers. It will be done in a couple of days. Stay tuned.

I think you need to work on making the ones you've already done better. All of them have been a major downgrade so far; far too clip-arty, and not suitable for a hockey team. The only decent font you've chosen is for Kelowna, all the others have no business in a sports identity set. Like a few others have said, Brandon looks like a business, or a lawfirm, or a brandy bottle.

Back to the drawing board IMHO...

Yeah, I am sure most would appreciate your enthusiasm, but so far all 3 of these need major work. Keep practising!!!

canada.png

Archived