WHL Team Logos Redesign

chickenfish13

IMO you have missed on all 3 of these concepts. The original team logos are better than what you have done as a redesign. The color choice for Kelowna just don't match in any way and the font for Kootenay is to fancy for a hockey club. I would go back and start from scratch on your current attempts before moving on to other teams, they could all use a re-do.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

You obviously like designing logos which is a good start, but Im not into any of these. the Rockets is the best though. the fonts you choose to use are not good. Look at other sports logos to see how to make the wordmarks interact with the rest of the logo, attractive, and somewhat intimidating. the only font that is ok is the Rockets one, but that is still hard to read. also, you should never have to explain what the elements in a logo are like you do for the "ice" in that last one. make it look like ice and then you wont have to tell people it's ice. the Kootenay Ice wordmark looks like a sign at a Hawaiian surf shop. Keep going on these if you like, but take some pride and improve the ones youve already done.

Hey Guys. Thanks for all the feedback, it has been really helpful for me. A lot of you don't seem to like these concepts, so I have decided I am going to abandon this project and just work on these logos for a while. Nothing will be posted for a while. But when I think everything is better, I will post those concepts. Once again, thanks so much for the feedback, it really helps.

Hey people. Sorry that im being impatient, but I have a new concept for the Spokane Chiefs, and an update for the Kootenay Ice. First, the Ice update. I updated the secondary and wordmark. I havent changed the font, because I have been having trouble finding a good Font.

iceupdate.png

Now the Spokane Chiefs.

chief.png

C & C as always. Sorry again if you find this me being impatient and not taking time to improve. I really think my Chiefs concept is my most well executed concept so far.

C & C as always. Sorry again if you find this me being impatient and not taking time to improve. I really think my Chiefs concept is my most well executed concept so far.

As true as that may be (which I don't think it is, I think your Brandon update is better), it's still a major downgrade from what they already have, and an overall weak concept. The wordmark is nothing more than block font with a stroke and a few poorly drawn feathers; the primary is comical to say the least, and extremely offensive to Native Americans...

I think what you need to do i start by practicing with Illustrator, getting better at making basic shapes and improving your basic skills. Start out by tracing some existing logos, recreating them, etc. Or, start by sketching out your design, then scan and trace it in Illustrator.

The font issue is easy to fix. There are plenty of free font websites out there (I use dafont.com), or you can download these sports fonts from eriqjaffe. Focus on improving your existing concepts before posting more, otherwise people won't give you serious C&C because we know you won't take our advice to heart.

Just trying to help.

DP

I dont use illustrator, I use inkscape. Not trying to sound jerkish, but how is my Chiefs primary comical and offensive? Sorry, I dont get it.

I think its the nose, its oversized compared to everything else. Maybe the skin color could be too light as well.

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

I think you need to listen to Delayed_Penalty and practice before taking on a project like this. It's one thing to start a jersey redesign, because that requires a lot less skill than a logo redesign. But, you really don't have the skill, yet, to do a project like this effectively. No offense: really. But you look at ongoing logo + jersey redesigns like GhettoFarmBoys, and it takes him months in between concepts to come up with something awesome. All four of your concepts have been total downgrades from the original, I looked at the WHL Chris Creamer page, and those logos aren't that good, but you made them all worse. The first 3 you did looked like corporate logos that you put on business cards. They don't look professional at all. The last one is better but it's still rather bad. Just look at the feathers. They look sloppy, uneven...and more like rockets than feathers. Just spend a while looking at NHL logos, those all look extremely professional, as they should. Keep in mind the fonts used and the rendering of the logos. Yours look two dimensional, flat. Pro logos are dynamic, bold, and often 3d. The fonts are the complete opposite of what you use; you tend to use fonts that belong in a word processor. Now I know you probably don't want to hear all this, because you obviously put some effort into these logos, and I know that it hurts to be shot down by multiple people. But it's for the best, just practice awhile tracing over real logos like DP said, and also practice making uniform designs. Then try picking this up again.

Archived