Big Ten redesign

BJBerthiaume

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is Indiana. I wanted to make them more modern because frankly, they can go modern. Their program is nothing to drool over, but it is not really a slouch. I think they could use a new identity though, and stray from the classic look. I left the sleeves on the home crimson because they don't look good white, but I made the road sleeves crimson. Just some simple piping as well.

Indianaset.png

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

I know its a towel, but the colored pants all look like they have a white stripe going down the crotch.

I like the idea of the colored sleeves for Indiana. I agree that the football team should be modern and leave the classic look to the basketball team.

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

Alright, then C&C it is. I like the Indiana concept a lot. Usually I'm not a fan of piping, but this is an instance where it works. Clean and simple enough that it doesn't detract, but rather adds, to the overall look. The contrast-colored sleeves on the roadies are a plus, too. But the piping on the pants doesn't do it for me. Horizontal stripes never work on pants! I know it's supposed to match the jersey design, but...

scotland_fifasig.png

Here is Northwestern. I like their current look a lot, so I didn't want to do too much. I just added some piping going from the ends of the shoulder stripes and extending to, and joining with, the pants stripes which now go the opposite way than their current pants stripes. I also added a black outling to the helmet logo. It is pretty hard to see. I changed the number font because I don't like their current number font. I didn't stray too far from that font, however, I just used the Calgary Flames' number font. Of course, as many of you have requested, a black alternate! It is pretty simple, but I think it could be used either as an occasional change of jerseys, or the monochrome could be used for a "black out". I kept white pants as the primary pants color for all jerseys, but added purple and black pants for the road jerseys as well.

Enjoy, C&C Please, I am begging you!

Northwesternset.png

Michigan State next.

I like this. Fairly inobtrusive piping, and the basic look is clean. What are the pants stripes like? I can't really see them. I like the black on white set the most. This is good work, and I don't really have any complaints.

The pants stripe is a short stripe making a point halfway down the pants. It is the same as they have now, but coming from the waist instead of the knee.

Here is Indiana. I wanted to make them more modern because frankly, they can go modern. Their program is nothing to drool over, but it is not really a slouch. I think they could use a new identity though, and stray from the classic look. I left the sleeves on the home crimson because they don't look good white, but I made the road sleeves crimson. Just some simple piping as well.

Indianaset.png

Remember that their colors are crimson and cream, and execute accordingly.

Packers-2.png

Here is Northwestern. I like their current look a lot, so I didn't want to do too much. I just added some piping going from the ends of the shoulder stripes and extending to, and joining with, the pants stripes which now go the opposite way than their current pants stripes. I also added a black outling to the helmet logo. It is pretty hard to see. I changed the number font because I don't like their current number font. I didn't stray too far from that font, however, I just used the Calgary Flames' number font. Of course, as many of you have requested, a black alternate! It is pretty simple, but I think it could be used either as an occasional change of jerseys, or the monochrome could be used for a "black out". I kept white pants as the primary pants color for all jerseys, but added purple and black pants for the road jerseys as well.

Northwesternset.png

Michigan State next.

I'm not gonna lie, I was always a fan of the NW white sock look, but this set is still very impressive

Northwesternset.png

Michigan State next.

I'm not gonna lie, I was always a fan of the NW white sock look, but this set is still very impressive

Both the Indiana and Northwestern concepts are very sharp. I really like the colored sleeves on Indiana and both have very clean piping. The only thing I can find to shange is the N on the Northwestern helmet does'nt match the action of the players head. If his head were straight up the N would be leaning backwards, but that is a minr detail in the overall look. Nice work.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

Both the Indiana and Northwestern concepts are very sharp. I really like the colored sleeves on Indiana and both have very clean piping. The only thing I can find to shange is the N on the Northwestern helmet does'nt match the action of the players head. If his head were straight up the N would be leaning backwards, but that is a minr detail in the overall look. Nice work.

Yeah, I just don't know how to rotate the N without rotating it a complete 90 degrees, which would make it a Z. If someone could tell me how, it would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry it took so long, but my idea for Michigan State turned out really ugly when I made it. So, I was at work daydreaming when an idea hit me for Michigan.

I wanted to keep Michigan fairly the same, not making any drastic changes. I kept the road jersey the same except I gave the stripe on the side panel a blue outline. I used the piping from the road jersey and put it on the home jersey as well. I made it maize with the hope that it wouldn't distract too much from the classic look. I was debating whether to make the piping blue and leave the side stripe maize, but this is what I came up with:

Michiganset.png

Enjoy, C&C. Not sure who will be next, I'm hoping I will figure something out for Michigan State.

Archived