Raytown South Cardinals concept Jerseys

KCScout76

Our choice was made -

RaySouthCardinalsBanner_v2008.png

SEE OUR CHOICE - SCROLL DOWN PLEASE

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

This is what I selected. I had four styles to choose from based on the cost. All of them are 'stock' uniforms. Because of costs that hampered being creative, but they will look nice. Seven years ago, I was able to do a bit more.

I also put a black "RS" at the base of the neck-V on both home & away to keep things simple.

The cost of the jersey styles ran from $45 to $59. The ones I chose were $59, partially because they are of higher quality.

They are manufactured under the name "Power".

RSMS_White_Final_2009.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Now the Home Reds - This is what we went with.

RSMS_Home_Red_v3_2009.jpg

Note that I did not go with black side panels, as with the white unis I did use red side panels. My reasoning for that is I am did like it and I tried to accent with the black and not make it a feature color.

I would go with C, based on the thinking that the White would get too dirty as the season goes on. I would push for White numbers outlined in Black, and Red outlined in Black on the White jerseys with Red shoulder inserts and collars/cuffs. Should be a nice look for the team.

Thanks eRay - seems very logical with that choice, thanks for your input. Anyone else w/ a comment?

I agree with eRay. I think C would be best with white numbers, red with black trim on the numbers.

As for the pants, I'd wear black at home and red on the road to incorporate the colors in the uniforms themselves.

philly.png

Barrish -

As for the pants, I'd wear black at home and red on the road to incorporate the colors in the uniforms themselves.
I agree with your suggestion. That was discussed among my coaches.

Firefly - I like A the best, really classy looking. Something about the mix of the White & Black that doesn't look right.

C is not going to show the dirt as much, but A is really what I like the best. At first I loved the Trojan template, but after seeing the ideas, I'm not sold on it any more.

ONUV - Yes Cardinal Red is best. But all our Helmets and other equipment is Scarlet Red. They sent me some Cardinal Red helmets one year instead of scarlet, and it just doesn't look right. Even the kids noticed their helmet was darker than the other helmets.

fka-5cent - Yes on the stripes, but again the cost goes up. I am looking at the catalog, adding one solid stripe, up charge of $8 per pants, 2 color + $12, 3 color +$ 15. I have already decided on solid pants: cost $36, and it's not a name brand. Our All-Black pants are "Reebok" and we've had them seven years. Economic Reasons are biting into my ideas. But thanks for the input!

Vicforth - I'm gonna ask for black trim around the numbers, the final say is with my A.D. I think the black makes is classy looking. You should have seen the drop shadow numbers - Awesome looking!!!

A few things to say:

First, good call on deciding against "cardinal" on you uniforms. It is one of the trickiest colors to match when it comes to uniforms. You can have everything from Russell's light cardinal/crimson to Powers/Nike's dark cardinal/light maroon color.

Second, have you given thought to the Broncos-style template that is also on TAG's site? Personally, I think that that template would look better than some of the ones posted. The USC-style one has too much of a Louisville vibe, which can go both ways since their mascot is also the "Cardinals". I have seen many teams (especially high school teams) wear the Broncos-style template with the side panel the same color as the pants. It looks very good.

I think that you should go with the red jersey/black pants combo for the home and the white jersey/red pants combo for the road.

However, cost (and your AD's opinion) are major deciding factors in the decision, especially the way budgets are nowadays. Also, you could have more options with a more basic design (mainly without the contrasting side panels).

Is TAG the only company you are looking at? Given the fact that you are looking for a good high quality budget uni, might I also suggest Speedline? For the money, they seem like a pretty decent uni. Judging by the samples that I have seen in sporting goods stores, I think that they are fairly comparable to brands like Russell or Nike. It never hurts to look at different companies to get a better feel for what's out there for how much.

Broncos-style template

IMO - the bronco style has run it's course, it's still popular, but even the kids did really want it.

I see so many of the youth teams around here that have that style, I know of only one team that

does use this style, unfortunately they use purple & black together so you can't really tell - it' looks

terrible.

I had to order my unis, COST was the biggest factor. They did have the Broncos style, but I didn't want it.

I do appreciate everyone's input, thanks everyone! :)

See what we picked, I reposted my choice at the top of this thread.

Archived