Super Bowl XLIII Field

Puckguy14

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had posted this in the SB XLIII thread in S.I.G.

I'm with you in thinking the NFL has kind of settled on a consistant field design for at least the next few Super Bowls, based on XLII.

Super-Bowl-XLIII-field.png

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Here's a question: Do the teams get to choose which of their colors is used in the endzone, or is that decided upon by the NFL?

Good question. You'd think if it were up to the NFL, we wouldn't have seen the double blue endzones in XXXVI (Rams-Pats) or in XLII (Pats-Giants).

Those helmets don't work in the end zones anymore, or at least the facemask style doesn't. I'm fine with the way they are now. I do wish they'd put the Super Bowl logo at the 50 and reduced the NFL logos to maybe the 35's or the 20's. I would like to see the Cardinals with a white end zone and the Steelers with a black end zone, not to match the jerseys, but I know we'll see a red end zone for the Cardinals and I'd love them to change it up.

I liked it when the team's helmets were on the 25 yard line along with the large SB logo at midfield.

Ditto. I loved that look.

The Super Bowl logo really should be at the 50. Hopefully once the NFL is done trying to promote its new logo, it'll go back (doubtful, considering the old NFL logo was at midfield before the logo change).

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

I think the current end zone design is the best for the Super Bowl. I really didn't like seeing a team's helmet with the conference logo in it. It just looked weird. And I'm happy they've done away with the "banner" the conference logo was on from Super Bowl XL and XLI.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Nice work by both Puckguy and JQK -- but really, the NFL needs to go back to the classic Super Bowl endzones with team and conference helmets.

Ditto :notworthy:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Sorry JQK about that, but hey nice job on yours.

As for choosing the colors, I know awhile back it was the opposite color of the helmet or the primary color (if a white helmet was used) hence why the silver endzone for the Eagles in XV, Vikings with yellow in their four SB runs. The only color changes I've seen was Aqua to Orange for Miami for XIX, then the color change for the Pats from XXXI to XXXVI.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Maybe one day we will have the endzones match the uniform color. For example, Cardinals in white, their endzone is white while the Steelers in black. Or the Steelers in white, they have the white endzone and the Cardinals have red. That would be unique.

I don't think they allow white endzones. You need to have separation from the goal line.

Everyone loves a roundel.

Maybe one day we will have the endzones match the uniform color. For example, Cardinals in white, their endzone is white while the Steelers in black. Or the Steelers in white, they have the white endzone and the Cardinals have red. That would be unique.

I don't think they allow white endzones. You need to have separation from the goal line.

Its not the goal line they are worried about(The line is apart of the endzone) , its the out of bounds lines around the endzone.

Archived