Sign in to follow this  
Puckguy14

Super Bowl XLIII Field

I prefer helmetless endzones. We already know there's a football game going on, no need to have football helmets to represent the players running over it.

Now, if they wanted to make helmet shaped sideline stationary bikes, injury carts or instant replay viewing stands, that would be fairly nifty.

Just picture a ref sticking his head into a giant helmet with the league logo on the side.

I get what you mean, but helmets serve as de facto secondary logos, especially with the Eagles, Vikings, Bengals, Rams, and any other "helmet art" teams. Oh, and the Browns. I've grown to accept it.

I think the current end zone design is the best for the Super Bowl. I really didn't like seeing a team's helmet with the conference logo in it. It just looked weird. And I'm happy they've done away with the "banner" the conference logo was on from Super Bowl XL and XLI.

I agree. The current setup is simple, and it gets the point across. The Conference helmets works in theory, until you put it into practise and it just looks weird. The worst were when the teams in question didn't have traditional stripes running down the middle of their helmets.

With, say the Cowboys, you could at least tell it was suppose to be the Cowboys helmet with the NFC logo in the middle. With the Bengals, Chargers, Rams, Eagles, etc.... it just looked like a plain, randomly coloured helmet with the Conference logo plastered on it.

Also, an idea, to avoid similarly coloured endzones; use the road team's secondary colour as the endzone's primary if the primary colours of both teams are similar. So last year it would have meant the Pats would get a blue endzone, while the Giants would have gotten red.

I get what you mean, but helmets serve as de facto secondary logos, especially with the Eagles, Vikings, Bengals, Rams, and any other "helmet art" teams. Oh, and the Browns. I've grown to accept it.

Well, we won't be getting to the Super Bowl anytime soon, so you won't have to worry about it.

Maybe one day we will have the endzones match the uniform color. For example, Cardinals in white, their endzone is white while the Steelers in black. Or the Steelers in white, they have the white endzone and the Cardinals have red. That would be unique.

I don't think they allow white endzones. You need to have separation from the goal line.

Its not the goal line they are worried about(The line is apart of the endzone) , its the out of bounds lines around the endzone.

Wow, that slipped my mind. Perhaps, a red boarder?

You could do that, or what I've seen done in a lot of college bowl games, and that is leave about a yard or two of green around the white. It actually looks nice when that is done.

Maybe one day we will have the endzones match the uniform color. For example, Cardinals in white, their endzone is white while the Steelers in black. Or the Steelers in white, they have the white endzone and the Cardinals have red. That would be unique.

I don't think they allow white endzones. You need to have separation from the goal line.

Its not the goal line they are worried about(The line is apart of the endzone) , its the out of bounds lines around the endzone.

You could do that, or what I've seen done in a lot of college bowl games, and that is leave about a yard or two of green around the white. It actually looks nice when that is done.

The problem with a border is that that can confuse a player thats moving too fast to notice. They have quick reactions but they arn't super-human.

Yes, we realize that players aren't intelligent. How many players have you seen stop at the 5 yard line and spike the ball on a clear night out? Too many! And one is too many. I realize we aren't dealing with the top of the chart as far as intelligence is concerned. :D

Nice work by both Puckguy and JQK -- but really, the NFL needs to go back to the classic Super Bowl endzones with team and conference helmets.

sb_field.png

I was just saying, great graphical minds think alike JQK. Anyone know if pics or a web cam is available for Raymond James Stadium?

I liked it when the team's helmets were on the 25 yard line along with the large SB logo at midfield.

I know that was great thats the way it should be old fasioned but it works.

Nice work by both Puckguy and JQK -- but really, the NFL needs to go back to the classic Super Bowl endzones with team and conference helmets.

sb_field.png

You had to dig that up.

Evident sarcasm here. I'm over it.

It will be interesting to see what they do with the Pro Bowl moving in the week before. Do you think they will change the field that much?

It will be interesting to see what they do with the Pro Bowl moving in the week before. Do you think they will change the field that much?

After the Orange Bowl, the NFL will replace the turf for the Pro Bowl. I would not be surprised that they replace the Pro Bowl turf after that game to have a new field for a Super Bowl. The NFL "takes over" your stadium; they redecorate suites, and do other decorations to club levels.

Noob Here :D

But the NFL rules require a white 6-foot wide boarder around the field of play. Also....during the Superbowl, if you look closely, NFL Groundskeeper George Toma also paints a 6-inch wide green stripe next to the white out of bounds line. It use to be real easy to pick up on the old astroturf. Its a little harder to notice on the grass.

Cardinals are doing what the Seahawks did in 40, and putting:

4609.gif

...in the endzone

I like the full name. It shows the teams representing the place they play for a tad better.

Super-Bowl-XLIII-field-1.png

I like the full name. It shows the teams representing the place they play for a tad better.

well in their case it maybe to let people know who the heck they are!