Super Bowl XLIII Field

Puckguy14

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pet peave.....why is it that recently the new teams coming into the Super Bowl have had their city name included into the endzone ? This year "Arizona" Cardinals instead of just "Cardinals" and in Super Bowl XL, " Seattle" Seahawks instead of just "Seahawks". The single nickname wordmark only in the endzone looks so much better the whole team name.

Pet peave.....why is it that recently the new teams coming into the Super Bowl have had their city name included into the endzone ? This year "Arizona" Cardinals instead of just "Cardinals" and in Super Bowl XL, " Seattle" Seahawks instead of just "Seahawks". The single nickname wordmark only in the endzone looks so much better the whole team name.

I see it as an attempt to balance out the dimensions of an elongated wordmark (in both cases). Since scaling down 'CARDINALS' to fit between the team and NFC logos would result in too much blank space above and below, they added 'ARIZONA' (and 'SEATTLE' in SB XL) in order to give it more height and balance everything out. What's interesting to me is that the first time the NFL encountered one of these longer wordmarks - the Broncos' in XXXII and XXXIII - they simply stretched it vertically in order to make it fit. I guess the league realized that altering team marks could lead to a diminished brand, and thus came up with this new solution.

The Seahawks currently use their nickname only in their home enczone and it looks great. There was and is no need to add the city name in the endzone. Well balanced look

Maybe they just thought "Arizona Cardinals" looked better then "Cardinals."

Just use what your team normally puts in the endzone at home.

I like when college bowl games do this.

Then if a team has each endzone marked differently let the team pick which on they want to use in the Super Bowl.

If they're just going to use logos in the end zones, I agree that a black end zone with "Steelers" in yellow would look better. I get why yellow was used when you used helmets but logo-only use opens both color options.

But red is the only option for the Cards, since their only other primary color is white and you can't have white end zones.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

If they're just going to use logos in the end zones, I agree that a black end zone with "Steelers" in yellow would look better. I get why yellow was used when you used helmets but logo-only use opens both color options.

But red is the only option for the Cards, since their only other primary color is white and you can't have white end zones.

They could use the grey in their facemasks...

[/ducks]

nav-logo.png

Archived