Member associated with a team

Gary

the Congratulations Pantone(ColorWerx, Donovan) got me thinking, when you think of a team you always think of the member and visa versa, so what member do you think of when you think of their respective team?

To me, Kinger has always been associated with the New Jersey Devils, Yankees and Giants

Curt: Jets, Edmonton Oilers and Cubs

AstroBull21: Tampa Bay teams and South Florida

Also I like to think of myself and fiasco as the resident Detroit fanatics here. Through thick and thin I don't know of anyone else who have stuck by their Detroit teams as much as the 2 of us have

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the Congratulations Pantone(ColorWerx, Donovan) got me thinking, when you think of a team you always think of the member and visa versa, so what member do you think of when you think of their respective team?

To me, Kinger has always been associated with the New Jersey Devils, Yankees and Giants

Also I like to think of myself and fiasco as the resident Detroit fanatics here. Through thick and thin I don't know of anyone else who have stuck by their Detroit teams as much as the 2 of us have

You have a Cardinals sig right now.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

That's because I root for both teams, I am a Lions fan through and through, I will still be a Lions fan after the 0-16 season, but I am also a Cardinals season ticket holder who have been a season ticket holder ever since 2002 and a fan since 1989. I spent 4 good seasons on tin bleachers that felt like this side of hell to root for the Cardinals. The only time I have ever rooted against the Cardinals is when the Lions are in town or when they played them in Detroit.

I think STLFanatic and myself are the biggest Illinois fanatics around here (at least that post about them frequently)

Same goes for the St. Louis Cardinals for both of us.

I know there are others, but where are the Chicago Bears fans at? I feel like the only one!

I think STLFanatic and myself are the biggest Illinois fanatics around here (at least that post about them frequently)

I know there are others, but where are the Chicago Bears fans at? I feel like the only one!

Pat, I think you are the only Bear fan here that I know about

Hey C'mon! Can I get a little love, too? I've been a die-hard Cardinals fan since the day I was born, been going to games since I was 4 (well, that's the earliest I can remember at least), and hell, I even work for them... well for SportService, but with them as our client. I run the Springfield Cardinals Team Store and have spent significant time at Busch Stadium.

I'm an automatic default St. Louis fan. I cheer for those teams. Since the Rams came to town, they've been my team, through thick and thin. And while I don't follow hockey to much, I still will turn on the Blues occasionally when they're on, and check up on them in the standings and other news.

St. Louis sports teams all the way, baby! :D

I don't talk about them much here, mostly because I don't visit as often and someone has already contributed what I wanted to say in a thread, but I have been a die-hard Tigers fan and Red Wings fan since the mid 70's. (Though with the Wings there hasn't been any reason to be a die-hard since the early 90's.) My biggest problem is living so far away from them. Though one year when I could afford it, I got the NHL Center Ice package so I could watch the Wings other then on ESPN and NBC.

Getting back to your subject though, and no offense to you, but usually when I think Tigers I think of Joel first and foremost.

Of course there is Tank, too, for the Mets.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

That's because I root for both teams, I am a Lions fan through and through, I will still be a Lions fan after the 0-16 season, but I am also a Cardinals season ticket holder who have been a season ticket holder ever since 2002 and a fan since 1989. I spent 4 good seasons on tin bleachers that felt like this side of hell to root for the Cardinals. The only time I have ever rooted against the Cardinals is when the Lions are in town or when they played them in Detroit.

You're right. My post was unnecessarily dickish. I only root for Syracuse in college basketball, but I followed the Cardinals when I lived in Louisville and root for the Huskies now that I'm a UW grad. And if the Huskies happened to make it to the Final Four this year, I'd probably put a banner in my sig.

So I take it back.

For what it's worth, I'm a (non-vocal) Wizards fan, and I think we're few and far between.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Hey C'mon! Can I get a little love, too?

I'm refraining from making a smart-arse response..... ^_^

I've been a die-hard Cardinals fan since the day I was born

uhhh.... ok, so before you could understand a single word, you were a Cardinals fan?

I saw, I came, I left.

Here's a weird one: Given the red-and-black colour scheme in his sig, and the fact that his avatars are more often bashing the Senators than praising the Leafs, I've really come to associate Neon Matrix more with the Sens than the Leafs.

Me, Chazberg, Chicago Shawn. That's all I can think of. I'm also an Illinois fan, but haven't been as big of a fan lately with my college search ongoing.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Here's a weird one: Given the red-and-black colour scheme in his sig, and the fact that his avatars are more often bashing the Senators than praising the Leafs, I've really come to associate Neon Matrix more with the Sens than the Leafs.

Yes! I've always felt the same way. Sometimes I get confused when I'm not paying close attention when a Leafs/Sens argument comes about.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Creamer: Jays

STL Fanatic: Obvious

King: Giants, Yankees

Joel Fiasco: Lions, Tigers

Braden: Jays, Dolphins

Tank: Mets, Dolphins

InTheEnd/UnWind: Red Sox

DirtyCurt: Jets

TFOA: Falcons, Hawks

BBTV: Phillies, Eagles

Yes! I've always felt the same way. Sometimes I get confused when I'm not paying close attention when a Leafs/Sens argument comes about.

Conversely, I sometimes associate Break Wood with the Leafs even though his avatar is more like a no parking sign.

I saw, I came, I left.

Maz: All things sh...er...Pittsburgh.

Shanurr: Ottawa Sens.

Neon Matrix: leaf wank

Rainmaker: cowboys

Budbowl, lbr: Isles

Tank: Mets, Dolphins

BBTV: all things phaila..... excuse me philadelphia.

Flame, AAO, Hedley: Atlanta teams

JS: Sabres

Clemente/Fonz/WildWing: Ducks

BucFan: Bucs

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Archived