New Orleans Saints Concept

Audiodrama

As I continue to shed my rust, I now proceed with another team in need of an updating: the New Orleans Saints.

They're a club steeped in tradition, but not a winning one. They have a loyal fanbase that's never seen a world championship come home to the Big Easy. Now, at least, they'll look respectable in the hopes that Brees, Colston, Bush and McAllister can bring home some hardware.

C&C appreciated.

presentationneworleanssap1.jpg

Though I'd wager that Duece won't be part of any sort of championship building....I think the Saints would look good in these. Updated in a new style, but they don't look like they should be in the AFL....I dig on these; great job.

jongarlanduj6.jpg

I like them, we in NOLA have been clamoring for a moderate change like this for years to no avail. The only thing I would be concerned with is the need for more black in the away whites to see the numbers..that was a criticism in 1997, and white pants to go with the others. Thanks.

Saints2.pnglsu21bcs1.png

saintsflagbd4.jpg

These have some issues. Like was said, visibility is a concern with gold numerals on a white jersey, and vice versa. With the jerseys, the sleeve cuffs don't need to be a contrasting color from the jersey when you have shoulder stripes and a contrast color collar. It's overkill. In addition, you use single-color striping on the jersey cuffs, collar, and shoulder stripes, then turn around and put a triple stripe on the helmet and pants. Where's the consistency? Finally, it's New Orleans, a city with oodles of character and style. Yet you decided to go with the boring, overused triple stripe pants and helmet, and a jersey that doesn't say much of anything stylistically. The presentation is good, but you need to do a better job of thinking this concept through.

Not bad.

Good: Pants striping matches helmet, black pants look good with stripes.

Bad: Too many FDLs (also one of the problems with the current unis); can't stand the gold alts (gold jerseys seldom look good); San Diego-style numbers also not a fave; shoulder panels would 'pop' more with a narrow contrasting outline or piping.

Obviously the 'bad' are mainly personal taste issues on my part, it's a nicely executed set.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I have no issues with the way the Saints look currently, but your concept is sharp. LOVIN the gold numbers on the white jersey. The shoulder stripes look great. My only suggestion would be to go to black names on the alternate jersey. Very nice concept.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I don't mind the gold numbers. It suits them well. However the road jersey is flooded with gold, something needs to be toned down. As I said, I like the numbers so I would make the stripes black with gold trims instead. That or vice versa.

I don't mind the gold numbers. It suits them well. However the road jersey is flooded with gold, something needs to be toned down. As I said, I like the numbers so I would make the stripes black with gold trims instead. That or vice versa.

This is true. Make the stripes, collar, and sleeve edges black like they are on the alternate jersey. It will help balance the black and gold.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Archived