NFL Changes for 2009 season

bowld

Shouldn't the Jaguars just wait before making new merchandise? I mean, they are the least popular team in the league, which is pretty sad seeing as how they have a decent (short) history.

I would say halt the production until the team relocates to another city. Wouldn't that save some trouble?

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shouldn't the Jaguars just wait before making new merchandise? I mean, they are the least popular team in the league, which is pretty sad seeing as how they have a decent (short) history.

I would say halt the production until the team relocates to another city. Wouldn't that save some trouble?

Only if it was a guarantee that they were moving. Right now, there's just as good a chance, maybe even better, that they're staying in Jacksonville.

They did sell out every game last year. A few teams cant say that.

They are changing that is FACT. I don't think that what ColorWerx replied meant that the helmet is not changing at all but it's not changing to the style of helmet I posted(SDSU). But I'm still hearing from a guy who claims to be an insider on the Jags board that the logo will stay the same and teh helmet will be black but there is something that is changing on it to make it very unique. He says possibly a teal flake paint mixed in with the black but who the hell knows? I think he's just guessing

Ticket sales aren't the problem. Jaguars are rather good when it comes to ticket sales. The team is going through a lot of financial troubles in a small NFL market. It would be amazing to see Jaguars survive through it all. The team very well could move. Maybe not soon, but later down the road.

Only by blocking off large parts of the seats. It's pretty sad that a team that was in the playoff hunt in 2007 couldn't even sell out its own stadium. I remember one Monday night game where there were NO fans sitting behind either of the goalposts because both sections had been tarped off.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Only by blocking off large parts of the seats. It's pretty sad that a team that was in the playoff hunt in 2007 couldn't even sell out its own stadium. I remember one Monday night game where there were NO fans sitting behind either of the goalposts because both sections had been tarped off

The Jags stadium, is WAY too big, for that market.

True enough - they should have a much smaller stadium. They obviously can't fill the one they have.

Least popular team? That's one of the most common reasons for a team to change its uniforms - you don't mess with the look if you're already selling lots of merchandise.

True enough - they should have a much smaller stadium. They obviously can't fill the one they have.

They should have a much smaller stadium?!?! Are you kidding me?

If they can't fill it, move to LA so us Buffalonians, Minnesotans can quit worrying.

This is floating around on the Lions team message board:

3251978803_cc80d945ac_o_medium.jpg

It's a nice looking logo, but it looks like it's grasping at a win and just got air. :D

And here I thought they took the inspiration of this lion much like a Lion receiver. Arms open, no ball.

They should have a much smaller stadium?!?! Are you kidding me?

If they can't fill it, move to LA so us Buffalonians, Minnesotans can quit worrying.

Hey, I've been saying that for years....

Off topic:

But...speaking of tickets sales, sellouts and teams in contention not selling out. Both the Vikings and Cardinals were granted extensions to get sellouts for Wildcard weekend or face local blackouts, the Cardinals were eventually granted a second extension to prevent a blackout. So either both of these teams should be considered possible for relocation or lack of sellouts should be taken with a grain of salt or sellouts could be a product of previous futility by the team (and management) in recent years regardless of current standings.

On topic:

So Det, Jax and SF for changes and Buf for possible changes? Have we seen an inagural patch for the Cowboys new stadium? Relating to possible relocation in the next decade we have Min, Jax and Buf?

~~the dmr~~

Archived