NFL Changes for 2009 season

bowld

Off topic:

But...speaking of tickets sales, sellouts and teams in contention not selling out. Both the Vikings and Cardinals were granted extensions to get sellouts for Wildcard weekend or face local blackouts, the Cardinals were eventually granted a second extension to prevent a blackout. So either both of these teams should be considered possible for relocation or lack of sellouts should be taken with a grain of salt or sellouts could be a product of previous futility by the team (and management) in recent years regardless of current standings.

On topic:

So Det, Jax and SF for changes and Buf for possible changes? Have we seen an inagural patch for the Cowboys new stadium? Relating to possible relocation in the next decade we have Min, Jax and Buf?

~~the dmr~~

Considering Arizona just opened one of the top facilities in the country, I highly doubt they are a candidate for relocation anytime soon.

Dont forget St.Louis as a likely relocation

Not as likely as most think. Chippers is trying everything he can to keep the team in St. Louis. I know they have a potential opt out clause coming up that has to do with the facility and other factors, but he seems pretty sure that the team will remain in St. Louis, even if those are not met by the required time. And though he's looking to sell the team, I think he's also looking to sale to someone who wants to keep the team there. They may still be on the list, but they're not at the top. I'd say the Vikings, Jaguars, Saints and Bills, in no particular order, are definately the top candidates for relocation, all before the Rams. Actually if I had to rank, I'd probably say 1. Bills, 2. Vikings, 3. Saints and 4. Jaguars, and then possibly the Rams at 5. You could flip flop the Saints and Jags, but I definately think the Bills and Vikings are the top 2 possibilities at this time.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the Saints are going no where...the sate of LA is on the verge of a new 30 year deal...and the Superdome is and is going through a complete re-engineering courtesy of FEMA post Katrina

No offense man, but isn't the Superdome near obsolete? Either it would need serious renovation, or a new venue should be considered.

the Saints are going no where...the sate of LA is on the verge of a new 30 year deal...and the Superdome is and is going through a complete re-engineering courtesy of FEMA post Katrina

No offense man, but isn't the Superdome near obsolete? Either it would need serious renovation, or a new venue should be considered.

None taken because no, it's not. From a recent story in the N.O. paper:

===

Perception: The Superdome is antiquated.

Reality: Since Katrina, the Superdome has undergone a multiphase $220 million facelift. A final phase to repair and replace the external aluminum shell and install windows to the club lounges is ongoing. Just about every system in the building is new. So are the roof, field, luxury suites, club rooms and seats. A final phase of renovations is a keystone to the Saints' long-term contract with the state. It would widen the concourses, re-engineer the lower-bowl seating and add concession stands and points of sale.

State officials estimate this final renovation will generate an extra $8 million to $12 million in annual revenue for the Saints, although team officials say the figure is lower.

The final renovation's possible $100 million price tag would bring the total amount of post-Katrina work on the Dome to $320 million. That's more than the $295 million invested to renovate Lambeau Field in Green Bay and on par with the local investment of $325 million into the new Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

===

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Not as likely as most think. Chippers is trying everything he can to keep the team in St. Louis. I know they have a potential opt out clause coming up that has to do with the facility and other factors, but he seems pretty sure that the team will remain in St. Louis, even if those are not met by the required time. And though he's looking to sell the team, I think he's also looking to sale to someone who wants to keep the team there. They may still be on the list, but they're not at the top. I'd say the Vikings, Jaguars, Saints and Bills, in no particular order, are definately the top candidates for relocation, all before the Rams. Actually if I had to rank, I'd probably say 1. Bills, 2. Vikings, 3. Saints and 4. Jaguars, and then possibly the Rams at 5. You could flip flop the Saints and Jags, but I definately think the Bills and Vikings are the top 2 possibilities at this time.

I don't see the Rams letting the city off the hook for that opt-out. I'm not sure the NFL would let them ignore it. Which means St. Louis has to build them a brand-new facility in just six years, or they shoot to the top of the relocation list.

I don't see the Rams letting the city off the hook for that opt-out. I'm not sure the NFL would let them ignore it. Which means St. Louis has to build them a brand-new facility in just six years, or they shoot to the top of the relocation list.

Additionally, I don't think Chippers is going to be owning the team in 3 or 4 years, if not sooner--because the Rams are most certainly on the market even if he publicly denies it.

Besides-it's not like the Rams have ever tried to grow a fanbase or set down roots outside of Greater St. Louis. <_<:rolleyes:

/So...how about those new look Lions?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Off topic:

But...speaking of tickets sales, sellouts and teams in contention not selling out. Both the Vikings and Cardinals were granted extensions to get sellouts for Wildcard weekend or face local blackouts, the Cardinals were eventually granted a second extension to prevent a blackout. So either both of these teams should be considered possible for relocation or lack of sellouts should be taken with a grain of salt or sellouts could be a product of previous futility by the team (and management) in recent years regardless of current standings.

Considering Arizona just opened one of the top facilities in the country, I highly doubt they are a candidate for relocation anytime soon.

Everybody needs to remember that the Cardinals have sold out every game in UOP Stadium since it opened. Playoff extensions be damned.

And with the plethora of bandwagoners who have jumped on since this past season's playoff run, I doubt that attendance will be an issue for the foreseeable future.

Where exactly would the Rams go though? The only viable market left without an NFL team is LA, and besides nostalgia reasons I don't see the upside to the Rams going back.

If LA gets a team, it'll be because the Raiders the go back.

Where exactly would the Rams go though? The only viable market left without an NFL team is LA, and besides nostalgia reasons I don't see the upside to the Rams going back.

The Rams still have something of a Southern California fanbase, so it would be easier for them than setting up shop in an entirely new locale.

Also, from my perspective, it would become a lot easier to follow the Rams if they were in LA. I usually only get the late NFC game in Indiana, and you have to figure the Los Angeles team would be attractive to a national broadcast. Also, ESPN loves LA teams.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The Rams still have something of a Southern California fanbase, so it would be easier for them than setting up shop in an entirely new locale.

Also, from my perspective, it would become a lot easier to follow the Rams if they were in LA. I usually only get the late NFC game in Indiana, and you have to figure the Los Angeles team would be attractive to a national broadcast. Also, ESPN loves LA teams.

All true (and I get where you're coming from on a fan/personal level), but I would think LA itself would be more receptive to the Raiders coming back then the Rams.

Of course, I think that LA is one of those cities that just wouldn't seem right without two teams, so they could both go back.

Off topic:

Everybody needs to remember that the Cardinals have sold out every game in UOP Stadium since it opened. Playoff extensions be damned.

And with the plethora of bandwagoners who have jumped on since this past season's playoff run, I doubt that attendance will be an issue for the foreseeable future.

Yeah... I thought every game was sold out atthe new place. I don't get why people were bagging on the Cardinals and the Post Season extension. From what I heard: The reason there was a problem selling out "super fast" is that you HAD to buy tickets for both possible home Play-Off games. So, that was around $700 per set... x multiple seats. It's not like no one cared. It's just hard to part with that much money when one is not rich. The NCF Championship game Sold out in 6 minutes... no one mentions that.

Anyways... Looking forward to seeing a cleaned up Lions look. I really do like the word mark in the concept a few pages back.

Perception: The Superdome is antiquated.

Reality: Yeah, but we've blown a buttload of money on it!

I really have no idea whether or not the Superdome can last another thirty years, but I've seen enough government spending in my short life to know that it doesn't mean anything is really different.

I'd tend to agree.

The Raiders keep their toe in the LA market, but the Rams could move back in quite easily. What's the upside? Having the second-largest market (not to mention a new stadium) all to themselves. I'm still amazed that the NFL allowed both LA teams to move at the same time, without having one try to make the town theirs alone.

I'd tend to agree.

The Raiders keep their toe in the LA market, but the Rams could move back in quite easily. What's the upside? Having the second-largest market (not to mention a new stadium) all to themselves. I'm still amazed that the NFL allowed both LA teams to move at the same time, without having one try to make the town theirs alone.

I read what you said, and just heard cash registers ringing in my head. Granted, not to say money couldn't be made in LA, but that's jsut what I heard when you said that.

I'd tend to agree.

I read what you said, and just heard cash registers ringing in my head. Granted, not to say money couldn't be made in LA, but that's jsut what I heard when you said that.

The chargers is the better choice

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Archived