NFL Changes for 2009 season

bowld

Don't the Chargers actually practice in LA?

Yes, and they consider LA their "secondary" market. And the team has roots there too, having played as the LA Chargers during their first year of existence.

All of that said though, I think Al Davis and Co. have done such a great job keeping the Raiders presence alive in LA that the city just wouldn't be receptive to any other team.

I'll have to find the article, but I believe the Tennessee Titans will roll out a Houston Oilers throwback either next year or 2010. Hopefully it will be worn v. the Texans. :D

texans should use the oilers throwbacks.we appreciate them more in houston

I respectfully disagree. IMO only franchises that actually wore a uniform set should be allowed to wear it as a throwback. Like it or not, the Houston Oilers history belongs to the Tennessee Titans, not the Houston Texans.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, and they consider LA their "secondary" market. And the team has roots there too, having played as the LA Chargers during their first year of existence.

All of that said though, I think Al Davis and Co. have done such a great job keeping the Raiders presence alive in LA that the city just wouldn't be receptive to any other team.

Oh, I think that's a very hard statement to support. A good job? You really think so? Sure, there's a couple Raiders stores around town, but if a team actually played its games in LA I suspect the Raiders would find themselves brushed aside pretty quickly.

The only reason the Raiders are able to maintain any hold on LA at all, even the tenuous one they do, is because no other team has a better claim. The moment one does....

Oh, I think that's a very hard statement to support. A good job? You really think so? Sure, there's a couple Raiders stores around town, but if a team actually played its games in LA I suspect the Raiders would find themselves brushed aside pretty quickly.

The only reason the Raiders are able to maintain any hold on LA at all, even the tenuous one they do, is because no other team has a better claim. The moment one does....

If 31 teams don't give you the time of day, then the one that does seems pretty special. I'm almost positive that if LA could choose which team relocated there, the Chargers, Raiders, or Rams, they would choose the Raiders.

I haven't lived in LA a couple years, but I just don't see that. Part of the culture of the city is an attachment to teams from all across the nation. I think you might be overestimating the value of a couple strip-mall stores in Los Angeles. :D

But even so, if the Rams or Chargers move in, the Raiders would be soon forgotten.

In all honestly, the Raiders are mainly still popular here because they've been accepted by the gang culture, which tends to trickle down.

eazy_e.jpg

Eazy Muthafuggin E agrees.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

So I noticed on the Wincraft site (pennant manufacturer) that all their Miami Dolphins pennants are on clearance, like the Lions. You have to be a vendor to purchase from them, but they are all on display. Is there a change coming for the Dolphins that I missed?

Everyone loves a roundel.

So I noticed on the Wincraft site (pennant manufacturer) that all their Miami Dolphins pennants are on clearance, like the Lions. You have to be a vendor to purchase from them, but they are all on display. Is there a change coming for the Dolphins that I missed?

Do you have a link? Everything I saw on the Wincraft site had "Special Price" because it featured Jason Taylor or Zach Thomas in a Dolphins uniform.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Aren't the Chiefs supposed to get new Uniforms? Along with the Saints, Jaguars and Lions.

The Chiefs need to. Their uniform hasn't changed since they came into the league in 1960, other than changing the logo in 1963 and the facemask in 1974. This franchise hasn't won squat since 1969, so maybe they should consider it.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Archived