NFL Changes for 2009 season

bowld

...and the black is an outline color, not an official color of the organization.

Like it or not, it IS an official color of the organization.

However, to be fair - I personally consider it to be what I call an "additional" color. Primary colors being Red, Gold and White.

The Black is as relevant as - for example - Yellow is for the Cardinals, Red (and Yellow) for the Ravens, Black and Flesh Tone for the Vikings, and Red, Blue and Gray for the Steelers. There are others that fall under this designation, but these are some examples.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True. There is a distinction between an accent color and a team color.

Your examples are good (especially the Vikings' flesh tone), to which I'dd add from the baseball world the Brewers' red, Orioles' gray and Braves' yellow. None of those are really identified as team colors, but they are used on the logos.

...and the black is an outline color, not an official color of the organization.

However, to be fair - I personally consider it to be what I call an "additional" color. Primary colors being Red, Gold and White.

The Black is as relevant as - for example - Yellow is for the Cardinals, Red (and Yellow) for the Ravens, Black and Flesh Tone for the Vikings, and Red, Blue and Gray for the Steelers. There are others that fall under this designation, but these are some examples.

Speaking of "flesh tones", what is that color the redskins use on the logo face called? Not the what the redskins call it, but its "official" name?

Speaking of "flesh tones", what is that color the redskins use on the logo face called? Not the what the redskins call it, but its "official" name?

Well, they actually call it "Flesh Tone", but are you looking for the Pantone value?

p5729676reg.jpg

NFL.com has the draft hats and I noticed that the Jaguar looks a little more fierce than usual. Could this be the very subtle change that one would hardly notice? I know I'm really reaching here!!!!!!!!1

You're reaching...the logo's not changing.

^_^

p5729676reg.jpg

NFL.com has the draft hats and I noticed that the Jaguar looks a little more fierce than usual. Could this be the very subtle change that one would hardly notice? I know I'm really reaching here!!!!!!!!1

^_^

This is a great plan... Colorwerx won't say anything outright, but whenever an incorreect guess is made, he says so. So, the plan is, just throw everything against the wall, and see what he DOESN'T deny... get it?

p5729676reg.jpg

Maybe he just has gas or something.

p5729676reg.jpg

^_^

This is a great plan... Colorwerx won't say anything outright, but whenever an incorreect guess is made, he says so. So, the plan is, just throw everything against the wall, and see what he DOESN'T deny... get it?

Brilliant!

Where does Colorwerx get his inside information? Is he a licensee or something? Work for an NFL-licensed apparel mfgr maybe? I would love to know how to get my hands on the official league style guides... how well does the league guard these???? What do licenses cost?

If you needed them, you'd have them. If you don't have them, you don't need them.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Using our new method of Plausible Deniability Information Gathering, I'll go first:

Say, I've totally heard from a reliable source that the Jags will be using teal pants as a part of their new look.

(cue Pantone/Colorwerx's response or non-response)

Using our new method of Plausible Deniability Information Gathering, I'll go first:

Say, I've totally heard from a reliable source that the Jags will be using teal pants as a part of their new look.

(cue Pantone/Colorwerx's response or non-response)

I've heard they won't wear pants at all!! :wacko:

Rumor has it, from one of my reliable inside sources, that the NFL will be changing the color of their logo from red, white, and blue to different shades of green and will also include monetary symbols.

Archived