NFL Changes for 2009 season

bowld

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didn't know if this was posted yet?

Bills 50th Year Patch

50thpatch1.jpg

i like that a lot. except for having the newer logo in there.

I dont like it for two reasons. The numbers look odd and TO will be wearing that logo.

saBS.png

I have to say that was quite a suprise. Dick Jaroun does'nt look like the type to put up with that crap. Desperate team taking desperate measures I guess. On the Jaguars front I seen something on their board with two insiders saying that the helmet will not be changing either. So to recap there will be no helmet change, no teal pants, teal jerseys white pants at home, white jerseys black pants on the road with black numbers on the white jerseys still but less gold more teal on those white jerseys. Something like a Falcons /Cardinals jersey and pants style(piping), no more black jerseys.

Someone posted this obvious photoshop jobmauricejonesdrew1.jpg but the insider said that it's very similar to this

Didn't know if this was posted yet?

Bills 50th Year Patch

50thpatch1.jpg

i like that a lot. except for having the newer logo in there.

Honouring a team's legacy in logo-form doesn't really work if you ignore half of the history.

• 2 weeks later...

I submitted a question to the New Orleans' paper's 'Saints Mailbag' feature. Clearly the beat writer who answered isn't into unis based both on his surprise that anyone seems to care and calling the Saints' look 'traditional' in the way of the Packers, Raiders, etc.

==

Q: Jeff, have you heard any talk around the Saints' organization about uniform changes? There have been rumors floating around on fan discussion boards for a couple of years but nothing ever happens. They should at least add some stripes to the black pants to avoid that "leotard" look. Russell, Roswell, Ga.

A: Russell, I'm always fascinated by fans' fascination with potential uniform changes. I wouldn't buy into any rumors about uniform changes. The Saints have one of the best and most recognized uniforms in the league. Tom Benson is a big fan of tradition and I don't think he has any desire to change the look. I count the Saints in the same number as the Cowboys, Packers, Browns, Lions, Raiders, Chiefs, etc., as teams that will never stray from tradition and change their look. And besides, any change requires the team to submit the application to the league a full year-and-a-half in advance so the league can prep merchandise vendors and marketing brands. If a change ever did happen the public would know about it well in advance of the season.

==

Huh? :blink:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I submitted a question to the New Orleans' paper's 'Saints Mailbag' feature. Clearly the beat writer who answered isn't into unis based both on his surprise that anyone seems to care and calling the Saints' look 'traditional' in the way of the Packers, Raiders, etc.

==

Q: Jeff, have you heard any talk around the Saints' organization about uniform changes? There have been rumors floating around on fan discussion boards for a couple of years but nothing ever happens. They should at least add some stripes to the black pants to avoid that "leotard" look. Russell, Roswell, Ga.

A: Russell, I'm always fascinated by fans' fascination with potential uniform changes. I wouldn't buy into any rumors about uniform changes. The Saints have one of the best and most recognized uniforms in the league. Tom Benson is a big fan of tradition and I don't think he has any desire to change the look. I count the Saints in the same number as the Cowboys, Packers, Browns, Lions, Raiders, Chiefs, etc., as teams that will never stray from tradition and change their look. And besides, any change requires the team to submit the application to the league a full year-and-a-half in advance so the league can prep merchandise vendors and marketing brands. If a change ever did happen the public would know about it well in advance of the season.

==

That's ridiculous.

The Lions obviously change up every few years, as have THE SAINTS!!! Does this guy pay attention to the league that he writes about?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

==

==

I read your question from Saints report.....I thought the same thing...Jeff obviously does not do his homework whenhe discusses uni issues...It would have been nice if he made and educated comment ..y'know like calling the team and asking.....

Saints2.pnglsu21bcs1.png

saintsflagbd4.jpg

From Ron Borges of The Boston Herald

DANA POINT, Calif. ? According to several sources with knowledge of the completed negotiations, the New England Patriots will open ESPN?s Monday Night Football schedule against the Buffalo Bills on the season?s first weekend in a throwback game that also will likely turn into a throw-down-the-field game.

This season marks the 50th anniversary of the American Football League and the 40th anniversary of Monday Night Football. In an effort to meld the two, ESPN and the NFL agreed to a marquee game between not only two of the original eight AFL teams but also one of the league?s most popular (and in some corners most hated) teams - the Patriots - pitted against one that arguably made the loudest off-season noise - the Bills and their signing of wide receiver Terrell Owens.

Although the use of the term throwback game may have been a bit of a throwaway, looks like there's a good possiblitiy of seeing the AFL throwback uniforms on national TV week one.

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

From Ron Borges of The Boston Herald

DANA POINT, Calif. ? According to several sources with knowledge of the completed negotiations, the New England Patriots will open ESPN?s Monday Night Football schedule against the Buffalo Bills on the season?s first weekend in a throwback game that also will likely turn into a throw-down-the-field game.

This season marks the 50th anniversary of the American Football League and the 40th anniversary of Monday Night Football. In an effort to meld the two, ESPN and the NFL agreed to a marquee game between not only two of the original eight AFL teams but also one of the league?s most popular (and in some corners most hated) teams - the Patriots - pitted against one that arguably made the loudest off-season noise - the Bills and their signing of wide receiver Terrell Owens.

Although the use of the term throwback game may have been a bit of a throwaway, looks like there's a good possiblitiy of seeing the AFL throwback uniforms on national TV week one.

The other half of the Week 1 MNF doubleheader is also part of the AFL anniversary celebration -- Chargers at Raiders.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

These have always been my favorite Bills duds; would love to see a modern version of this:

joe_ferguson--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

:winner:

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

http://nfl.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p5820920dt.jpg

the new Jaguars wormark

I checked the same item for the Niners and the wordmark is the same as predicted but the logo is also the same except for a white outline arond it. But it still has the black in it?

Anyone wanna make something out of the fact that the design is heavy on teal / gold instead of teal / black?

Archived