NFL Changes for 2009 season

bowld

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't. At least the previous script type had some type of "flair" and "character" to it...this to me looks completely "soul-less". And those extra flairs on the "J" and the "S" really don't need to be there. I can see the imaginary arc below the wordmark without them.

in short, this new script mark = FAIL.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Definite downgrade on the Jags new wordmark. At least the old one was distinctive.

Also, the flairs on the J and the S look very odd, considering the 3d effect that is used on the other letters to make the wordmark look like it is being bent backwards at both ends.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I like the new Lions logo and wordmark.

The new Jags wordmark just fails. It's like they gave them the same bland style teams have been trotting out for wordmarks since the Broncos new look in '97 and they said "hey, what if we slightly arch it? That'll make it unique!"

I do like the Lions new wordmark, but I wish they would have gotten rid of the "slashes" going through it (or whatever you call those). The updated lion is definitely an upgrade too. I'm anxious to see the new uniforms.

I don't like the Jaguars' new wordmark as much. I feel like the old wordmark matched the style of the logo better and that on the whole it was much more distinctive. The font for the new logo reminds me of MTV2's font.

I like the new Lions logo and wordmark.

The new Jags wordmark just fails. It's like they gave them the same bland style teams have been trotting out for wordmarks since the Broncos new look in '97 and they said "hey, what if we slightly arch it? That'll make it unique!"

Thank you.

Soulless. That is to say, lacking soul. Almost as--no--Jacksonville DID sell out.

And in some sick way, I think I now have an idea of how their numbers will look, based on this. Am NOT liking the vision I'm seeing right now. Not...at...ALL.

Guess I'll say this once more...

...DOWNGRADE!!!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

These have always been my favorite Bills duds; would love to see a modern version of this:

joe_ferguson--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

Look's like your wish will (kind of) come true:

i can't say how i know, but i know for sure there will be a new white throwback issued for this year only, and not to replace the current ones just a new one and the bills will be wearing these on monday night in new england, it's true i know for sure, no link or whatever but i know for sure, the source told me they should be out by the draft or training camp and for one year only,

and no they won't be a new jersey to wear for good, they won't have a new logo or anything, these are white versions of the throwbacks that we have, i haven't seen it and neither has my source, just know that they are coming

I got that from another board I go to.

IeHVybT.png

Look's like your wish will (kind of) come true:
i can't say how i know, but i know for sure there will be a new white throwback issued for this year only, and not to replace the current ones just a new one and the bills will be wearing these on monday night in new england, it's true i know for sure, no link or whatever but i know for sure, the source told me they should be out by the draft or training camp and for one year only,

and no they won't be a new jersey to wear for good, they won't have a new logo or anything, these are white versions of the throwbacks that we have, i haven't seen it and neither has my source, just know that they are coming

I got that from another board I go to.

The real question is if they will have the royal-blue pants to go with the white jersey. If not, it'll be total suck.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1960 Uniforms ? Twice

I?ve noticed on the message boards and in the comments that many of you are wondering if the Broncos will don their ?throwback? jerseys any time this season ? the 50th anniversary of the team and the AFL.

Well, it has just been formally announced from the NFL Annual Meeting in Dana Point, Calif., that the original eight AFL teams ? the Buffalo Bills, Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs (then the Dallas Texans), New England Patriots (then the Boston Patriots), New York Jets (then the Titans of New York), Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers and Tennessee Titans (then the Houston Oilers) ? will play head-to-head in one home and one away ?Legacy Games? to honor the anniversary.

As a part of those games, the teams will each wear their original jerseys. That means the Broncos will don their 1960 jersey ? a brown and yellow uniform with a brown helmet ? twice.

As far as the other AFC West teams go, the Chiefs will don their 1962 duds: a red and white uniform with a red helmet featuring an outline of the state of Texas. The Chargers will sport their 1963 jersey: white pants with a yellow bolt down the legs. The Raiders will wear their 1963 threads as well: a white (away) jersey that features silver numbers outlined in black, and a silver helmet with the original Raiders logo.

Denver Broncos

photo18634.jpg

photo19540.jpg

photo18506.jpg

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

1960 Uniforms ? Twice

I?ve noticed on the message boards and in the comments that many of you are wondering if the Broncos will don their ?throwback? jerseys any time this season ? the 50th anniversary of the team and the AFL.

Well, it has just been formally announced from the NFL Annual Meeting in Dana Point, Calif., that the original eight AFL teams ? the Buffalo Bills, Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs (then the Dallas Texans), New England Patriots (then the Boston Patriots), New York Jets (then the Titans of New York), Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers and Tennessee Titans (then the Houston Oilers) ? will play head-to-head in one home and one away ?Legacy Games? to honor the anniversary.

As a part of those games, the teams will each wear their original jerseys. That means the Broncos will don their 1960 jersey ? a brown and yellow uniform with a brown helmet ? twice.

As far as the other AFC West teams go, the Chiefs will don their 1962 duds: a red and white uniform with a red helmet featuring an outline of the state of Texas. The Chargers will sport their 1963 jersey: white pants with a yellow bolt down the legs. The Raiders will wear their 1963 threads as well: a white (away) jersey that features silver numbers outlined in black, and a silver helmet with the original Raiders logo.

I don't understand some of the specifics of this post. It says each team will wear their "original jerseys", but then it goes on to say that some teams will be wearing jerseys from years other than 1960 -- which aren't their "original" sets. What I'm driving at here is why in the world would the Broncos choose to wear the brown and mustard monstrosities if they could go with one of the royal blue and orange designs more commonly associated with the franchise?

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

This is why I hate these threads.

Can someone post a recap of anything FACTUAL with any photos or graphics that are more than concepts?

Uh... the trucks?

Those are a pretty big step forward in this whole process.

Okay, if that's all we've got, that's fine.

I just haven't been following the thread, didn't know what we knew.

Archived