NFL Changes for 2009 season

bowld

Bills continue to have the best throwback of them all though

That's like saying they are the biggest midget. :P

Not exactly a lot of really great looking threads, in that picture. I guess, there is a reason why teams uniforms evolve and change. Its not 1965 anymore. It will be nice to see them for 2 games this year. But, that will be enough.

And, those Raiduzzz uniforms are really different, then what they still wear. Of course, their owner probably still thinks its 1967. :D

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another interesting thing about that photo (i dont know if it's been covered already). But when the league announced the Bills would play in New England on the MNF opener, and both were to wear throwbacks, I got all giddy that the Bills would bust out white versions of the their alts.

But judging by that pic, the Bills will stick with their Blue throwbacks, and the Pats will don White throwbacks at home. I guess its not all that surprising, considering they've worn white at home in the early weeks the last few years.

If the Pats don't come out with a red version of those, I'll be ticked off.

Granted, this was just a press conference, and I've heard the rumors of a home and a road uni, but until I hear for sure I'm worried.

Well, there are five home and three road jerseys in that picture, so I assume that at the very least one team has both home and away sets, and my guess is that they all do...

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

If the Pats don't come out with a red version of those, I'll be ticked off.

Granted, this was just a press conference, and I've heard the rumors of a home and a road uni, but until I hear for sure I'm worried.

I like the red throwback, but the white throwback is just absolute class. I've been waiting 15 years to see the white throwbacks on the field again. I was too young to purchase one during the Bledsoe era, but now...oh, sweet white Patriots throwback jersey, come to Papa! :D

Well, there are five home and three road jerseys in that picture, so I assume that at the very least one team has both home and away sets, and my guess is that they all do...

There is always the possibility of color vs. color in some cases, like some of the thanksgiving throwback games a few years back.

Bills continue to have the best throwback of them all though

That's like saying they are the biggest midget. :P

Not exactly a lot of really great looking threads, in that picture. I guess, there is a reason why teams uniforms evolve and change. Its not 1965 anymore. It will be nice to see them for 2 games this year. But, that will be enough.

And, those Raiduzzz uniforms are really different, then what they still wear. Of course, their owner probably still thinks its 1967. :D

Yeah... its called poor taste. :D

Really? This hasn't been brought up yet? I hope it's a joke but....wow

2009_24_3_298_2.jpg

So very, very fake.

The color information (sold, process simulation, textiles, threads, etc.) are for a completely different team, who uses different colors altogether.

Uni Watch » In Which I Go Away for a Few Days and the Whole World Goes Down the Crapper

The timing couldn?t be worse, because I know you?re all looking at the calendar and thinking, ?Yeah, right, nice try.? And yes, smart guy, I know what day today is, but it?s my sad duty to confirm that this one is no joke. It?s one of several NFL uni updates that will be officially unveiled during the draft (others, which I can?t show you, include the Jags, Dolphins, and Niners; the Lions have already leaked), and by far the worst of the bunch.

:rolleyes:

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Uni Watch » In Which I Go Away for a Few Days and the Whole World Goes Down the Crapper
The timing couldn?t be worse, because I know you?re all looking at the calendar and thinking, ?Yeah, right, nice try.? And yes, smart guy, I know what day today is, but it?s my sad duty to confirm that this one is no joke. It?s one of several NFL uni updates that will be officially unveiled during the draft (others, which I can?t show you, include the Jags, Dolphins, and Niners; the Lions have already leaked), and by far the worst of the bunch.

Wait, what about the Dolphins?

dolphins2.png

The image looks very, very homemade, and very fake, especially in the wake of seeing the real deal with the Lions last week.

Still, there's Paul, swearing up and down that this is not an April Fool's joke, despite the date. And while ColorWerx quickly debunked the image, he didn't discredit the information behind the fake image, did he? Maybe I'm just parsing language in the hope that this jersey will actually see the field of play. (And if it does, Seahawks, and you wear the blue pants with it, get some green socks.)

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Wait, what about the Dolphins?

Another uniform tweak, maybe shrink the dropshadow again?

The "logo slick" at the very least is faked. Like Pantone said, the PMS colors listed don't match up with the neon green - or any other Seattle color.

The Pantone color numbers listed on the logo slick are the following:

colorswatch.jpg

Does this throw the alternate jersey claim under the bus? I dunno for sure, but the logo slick at the very least is total BS.

The "logo slick" at the very least is faked. Like Pantone said, the PMS colors listed don't match up with the neon green - or any other Seattle color.

The Pantone color numbers listed on the logo slick are the following:

colorswatch.jpg

Does this throw the alternate jersey claim under the bus? I dunno for sure, but the logo slick at the very least is total BS.

I'm just going to throw this out there (confidentially be damned)...

It's the Jaguars' color specs, with 'Process Black' being modified to read '300'.

Nice try, Paul.

Archived