NFL Changes for 2009 season

bowld

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My favorite Jets look ever:

NewYorkJets_RHS_1996-1997.png

It irks me that there are NO NFL teams wearing kelly green any more, since the Eagles ditched it in 1996 and the Jets with their stupid "let's go back to the Namath era" uniforms. I remember when the Eagles changed, their GM said they didn't want to look like the Jets any more, who were coming off 1-15 and 3-13 seasons. Well, the Jets don't look like the Jets any more either.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

My favorite Jets look ever:

NewYorkJets_RHS_1996-1997.png

First, I've gotta admit that I do happen to like the Jets' current uniforms more than the above logo (and uniform set); however, I also agree that using these uniforms would be a great alternate for the team, much more so than the Titans' set.

Growing up in New York, the current sets will always be the true Jets uniforms, even if I'm too young to remember Broadway Joe and 1969--those are the uniforms they won in.

The updated set, either with or without black trim and facemask, bring back too many memories of 4-12 or 8-8 disappointing seasons.

To put it another way, I read the following quote in George Vecsey's column in the Sunday New York Times:

"After moving a few hundred feet to the east, the Mets are still bedeviled by the same mini-cyclones that used to haunt vanished Shea Stadium. Hot dog wrappers and other detritus swirled distractingly around the pitcher?s mound during Saturday?s windy 9-3 exhibition loss to the Boston Red Sox.

Oh, yes, and Richard Todd was intercepted four times. "

I immediately thought of that Jets' helmet logo.

I think that's why we'll never see a variation of it as the team's main logo. You can argue the merits of one design over the other, but to Jets' fans, one represents Super Bowl III, and the other about twenty years of failing to live up to that past.

Just my 2 cents worth...

Are the Giants changing up their red alternate? Or what's up with this.

I couldn't find it on any other site, but it looks more like a 49ers jersey.

http://www.fansedge.com/New-York-Giants-Au...0294686_PD.html

That is clearly a mis-labeled 49ers throwback. Note the NOB font, and the vector breaking up the middle stripe.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

You know, this is one uniform where I always thought the addition of black to the color scheme was a plus. Once they put the black trim on the numbers and stripes, they had a really balanced, classic look. And those green pants were awesome.

I disagree with everything you just said. One man's trash...

That is clearly a mis-labeled 49ers throwback. Note the NOB font, and the vector breaking up the middle stripe.

That's what I figured, thanks for clarifying.

2ly2w09.jpg

FansEdge mistook the 49ers throwback jersey for a Giants red alternate jersey.

But seriously if the Giants WERE going to change up their red alternates, it should be in the same style as their old home jerseys they used to wear in the 1980s and 1990s, except the jersey is red, with blue-white-blue stripes on the sleeves and a blue outline around the numbers.

just a thought anyway.

YOZXkBG.png?1

But seriously if the Giants WERE going to change up their red alternates, it should be in the same style as their old home jerseys they used to wear in the 1980s and 1990s, except the jersey is red, with blue-white-blue stripes on the sleeves and a blue outline around the numbers.

just a thought anyway.

That would make no sense. They'd have three jerseys, each with totally different designs. That, added to their stupid pants inconsistency would make their entire set unbearable.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

nyjetssackexchangetribute.jpg

I have heard many Jets fans say they want this back. This is the Jets uniform that I grew up with. We are Gang Green, not Blue and Gold

This Jets fan would love to see these become the Jets throwbacks. 1980s throwbacks would DOMINATE those navy and mustard Titan atrocities.

6uXNWAo.png

just a thought anyway.

That would make no sense. They'd have three jerseys, each with totally different designs. That, added to their stupid pants inconsistency would make their entire set unbearable.

OK then, so maybe that wouldn't work.

Just have the red jersey with blue outlines around the numbers.

Otherwise, just ditch the red jersey altogether and go with the 1980-1999 throwbacks as third jerseys.

YOZXkBG.png?1

I'm actually in the minority in loving the Giants' road set, especially as the disparity in home and road jerseys is firmly rooted in the organization's history. Would I prefer they only use the road pants for a more consistant look? Probably. In the end, I'd like to see them wear their red alternated for whichever road games they're forced to wear dark for (i.e., at Washington and Dallas, etc.) The blue is too iconic to not wear for home games, and this way they'd be a primarliy blue team at home and red on the road.

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

• 2 weeks later...

Archived