NFL Changes for 2009 season

bowld

According to this article from last summer, the Jets are planning on wearing a white version of their Titans throwbacks next season.

"The organization will throw another Titans wrinkle out in 2009 when they showcase white Titans jerseys to celebrate the franchise?s 50th anniversary."

Ugh... I'm sick of these Titans throwbacks. At most, they should be worn twice a season. The Jets have nice jerseys - no reason to keep dragging these things out.

The Titans throwbacks are such an upgrade over the Jets current set. The new uni templates just don't accommodate the design they're going for.

123xa2.png

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope the Browns change their uniforms this year. It is time for a change, and a "Dawg" on their helmet. In addition, I would like to see changes from the Dolphins.

I'm all for a traditional-looking change to their unis, but please no logo ever on their helmet. The plain orange look is classic.

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

According to this article from last summer, the Jets are planning on wearing a white version of their Titans throwbacks next season.

"The organization will throw another Titans wrinkle out in 2009 when they showcase white Titans jerseys to celebrate the franchise's 50th anniversary."

Ugh... I'm sick of these Titans throwbacks. At most, they should be worn twice a season. The Jets have nice jerseys - no reason to keep dragging these things out.

The Titans throwbacks are such an upgrade over the Jets current set. The new uni templates just don't accommodate the design they're going for.

But modern uni templates don't accommodate the Titan throwbacks either.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I hope the Browns change their uniforms this year. It is time for a change, and a "Dawg" on their helmet. In addition, I would like to see changes from the Dolphins.

I know everyone gets their panties in a bunch when ever anyone says this but it is a great idea. Give them an identity when ever their logo is show its just an orange circle. Use the "dawg" or the =B= or go back to the elf logo anything would be better than they are now.

moss_moon.gif

I'd love for Denver to swap their home and alternate jerseys, and make the orange their primary. It could even be all symbolic, what with the basically new coaching staff that's coming in. Plus, I think now the stigma is gone, since the team won both of their games in orange this year (and technically it's what they wore in their last win, period).

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

uni-watch said there will be 9 or so teams changing or wearing new unis

a bunch will be throw backs with the AFL anniversary next season

Do you have a precise link to that?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=lukas/080904

under the throw back calender

Isn't that for this past season...

I'm not sure which part Showtime was referring to in the original post, but yes, the calendar refers to 2008. However, below it says "Next season should be livelier, because several teams are planning redesigns."

I'll have to find the article, but I believe the Tennessee Titans will roll out a Houston Oilers throwback either next year or 2010. Hopefully it will be worn v. the Texans. :D

They are wearing the Oilers uniforms next season, and it would be totally classless to wear them against the Texans in my opinion....but of coarse we're talking about Bud Adams here, so they probably will.

The Patriots are (re)introducing throwbacks as their new thirds.

Yessssssss!

I actually don't dislike the silver like everyone here does, but that should be awesome. Great.

ImgDyncfms21977.jpg

My rant about red Pats jerseys aside, Pat the Patriot is really a terrible logo. Maybe if they gave him a Miami/San Fran-esque update.

But it is for the AFL's 50th anniversary, so I'll let it slide :D

I don't think I remember this, is it the whole British wore red so the Patriots shouldn't arguement? I kinda have that feeling too, but I love how those jerseys look (especially the striping going pretty much all the way around.) Maybe a blue version of this would be better to keep the Pats from wearing red. But Pat the Patriot needs at least a modernization before I would welcome it full-time to the helmet.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

helmethistoryfe4.jpg

Just because, I should mention that there was a helmet change in 2000 when the Patriots went from royal blue to navy.

Assuming you lifted that from the Helmet Project, I'm kind of shocked they would miss that.

6uXNWAo.png

I think Pat is a good logo, but not to be put on a helmet.

helmethistoryfe4.jpg

The 1960 helmet, I can dig.

Shouldn't the Pats switch to a navy facemask? There's not enough red on the current uni to support a red mask IMO. This same thing bugs me about the Lions' black facemask, and most especially, the Redskins' completely out of place yellow mask.

I'll have to find the article, but I believe the Tennessee Titans will roll out a Houston Oilers throwback either next year or 2010. Hopefully it will be worn v. the Texans. :D

They are wearing the Oilers uniforms next season, and it would be totally classless to wear them against the Texans in my opinion....but of coarse we're talking about Bud Adams here, so they probably will.

Nothing wrong with them wearing Tennessee Oilers uniforms, though. Do we know what specific era they are throwing back to?

ENOUGH of the THROW BACKS!!!! God, I know that the $ is the all mighty reason why we have so many throw backs in the NFL. BE ORIGINAL for once! If your team only has two colors or cannot support an alt, guess what! You ain't going to have an ALT. Quick Rant:

Cowboys... stop that (you don't have an history of winning in those throw backs)

Jets.... stop that (YOU ARE THE JETS not the Titans)

Titans... don't think about ( YOU ARE THE TITANS not the Oilers)

Steelers .... stop that (Yellow helmets with the white though odd doesn't scream STEELERS)

Vikings .... MAKE YOUR THROW BACKS your main and not alts (just because they are better)

Patriots ... stop that (do you seriously want to go back to be known as those teams who won like 5 games at the most, yes you made it to the Super Bowl once wearing those but you won 3 and 1/2 Super Bowls in the ones you have now)

Lions... stop t(okay i like them, sort of an old school Lions)

Browns... stop that well I can't tell you are wearing an alt throw back anyways

My solution for those teams. Do what the NY teams have done. Modernize their throw backs. Easy and quick...

enough of the rant...

One team, I think or might have a change and why not? I am thinking Panthers. I don't know why. I think they had this 90's new wave unis for a while now. And well, I am getting this feeling they will do something different. Maybe they are going to go with alt blue full time IE Falcons and Titans. Or they are just going to redesign with maybe less silver, I don't know but I always seem to be right every season on who I think would change. I also think if it ain't the Panthers, the Chargers will go powder blue full time with reintroducing the pants with just the bolt and no line.

What I am hoping for is a minor but cool tweak. I want the Eagles and maybe the Falcons to reintroduce the silver pants. I don't think it will happen but I can always dream. I loved the old school Eagles with the silver pants. They have this look. The white pants seem too UNEAGLES and that always bother me.

Nothing wrong with them wearing Tennessee Oilers uniforms, though. Do we know what specific era they are throwing back to?

I'm not too sure. Here is an article from a Yahoo! football blog about it, but I cannot find the original article from TitansRadio.com. I think it may have mentioned an era they were considering, but the article has seemed to vanish.

Also, it looks like they'll be wearing the Oilers unis v. the New York Titans. Or New York Jets. New York Bretts. Whatever.

helmethistoryfe4.jpg

Just because, I should mention that there was a helmet change in 2000 when the Patriots went from royal blue to navy.

Assuming you lifted that from the Helmet Project, I'm kind of shocked they would miss that.

On the Helmet Project site, there is a note about changing from royal to navy. He hasn't missed it.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I'm not too sure. Here is an article from a Yahoo! football blog about it, but I cannot find the original article from TitansRadio.com. I think it may have mentioned an era they were considering, but the article has seemed to vanish.

Also, it looks like they'll be wearing the Oilers unis v. the New York Titans. Or New York Jets. New York Bretts. Whatever.

Hopefully all the way back to the AFL uniforms like they did in 1994...and if it's against the Jets then that would make sense. I'd really rather not see them in the Oilers uniforms I grew up with. The couple of seasons as the Tennessee Oilers was painful enough.

And although I know it will NEVER happen...it would be fun to see the Texans wear WFL Houston Texans throwbacks.

houtexansuni.gif

Hopefully all the way back to the AFL uniforms like they did in 1994...and if it's against the Jets then that would make sense. I'd really rather not see them in the Oilers uniforms I grew up with. The couple of seasons as the Tennessee Oilers was painful enough.

And although I know it will NEVER happen...it would be fun to see the Texans wear WFL Houston Texans throwbacks.

houtexansuni.gif

Don't be surprised if the Texans DO in fact try to roll that one out. ^_^

As far as this "throwback" craze...it's actually gotten a good bit tired to me, too. However, having said that, next year is an anniversary year, so it shouldn't be that surprising that we'll see so many.

I'm just waiting for the return of the Creamsicles! Y'all have no IDEA how much I miss those! (There's a reason I have four different creamsicle jerseys in my collection along with a Bucco Bruce helmet and a myriad of creamsicle era apparel.) Only wish I could actually go to the game to see it in person.

As for the Steelers' throwbacks...I remember that jersey caught on like WILDFIRE around Pittsburgh when it went on the shelves back in '07, and it is still sellin strong even today. Shoot...I've seen quite a few of them out here in the desert! So...I don't think that look will be going away anytime soon. (Of course, how people could consistently keep paying damn near $400 for the authentic versions of that jersey around Pittsburgh--which ain't exactly the richest city in the world--is beyond me...that's almost one months' RENT for me!!!!)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

(Of course, how people could consistently keep paying damn near $400 for the authentic versions of that jersey around Pittsburgh--which ain't exactly the richest city in the world--is beyond me...that's almost one months' RENT for me!!!!)

"And you knew who you were then..."

"Goils were goils and men were men...."

The Patriots are (re)introducing throwbacks as their new thirds.

Yessssssss!

I actually don't dislike the silver like everyone here does, but that should be awesome. Great.

ImgDyncfms21977.jpg

My rant about red Pats jerseys aside, Pat the Patriot is really a terrible logo. Maybe if they gave him a Miami/San Fran-esque update.

But it is for the AFL's 50th anniversary, so I'll let it slide :D

I don't think I remember this, is it the whole British wore red so the Patriots shouldn't arguement? I kinda have that feeling too, but I love how those jerseys look (especially the striping going pretty much all the way around.) Maybe a blue version of this would be better to keep the Pats from wearing red. But Pat the Patriot needs at least a modernization before I would welcome it full-time to the helmet.

All it really needs is the red facemask. I can't even find a photo of when they wore them.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

(Of course, how people could consistently keep paying damn near $400 for the authentic versions of that jersey around Pittsburgh--which ain't exactly the richest city in the world--is beyond me...that's almost one months' RENT for me!!!!)

"And you knew who you were then..."

"Goils were goils and men were men...."

"Mister, we could use a man like Herbert Hoover a-gain."

I'm not sure how that fits, but I couldn't resist.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived