NFL Changes for 2009 season

bowld

I believe Icecap79 is somehow spreading his manifesto underground. I say we snuff him out before everyone falls under his tyrany of... whatever it is... that he's a tyrant... of.

:cursing:

Fools! You can't prove anything! Bwahahahaha!

Ahem....whatever could you mean?

I now have my eye on you, see?:

Interlocking.Crimson.Black.IU.gif

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll have to find the article, but I believe the Tennessee Titans will roll out a Houston Oilers throwback either next year or 2010. Hopefully it will be worn v. the Texans. :D

They are wearing the Oilers uniforms next season, and it would be totally classless to wear them against the Texans in my opinion....but of coarse we're talking about Bud Adams here, so they probably will.

Nothing wrong with them wearing Tennessee Oilers uniforms, though. Do we know what specific era they are throwing back to?

I'm not too sure. Here is an article from a Yahoo! football blog about it, but I cannot find the original article from TitansRadio.com. I think it may have mentioned an era they were considering, but the article has seemed to vanish.

Also, it looks like they'll be wearing the Oilers unis v. the New York Titans. Or New York Jets. New York Bretts. Whatever.

Hopefully all the way back to the AFL uniforms like they did in 1994...and if it's against the Jets then that would make sense. I'd really rather not see them in the Oilers uniforms I grew up with. The couple of seasons as the Tennessee Oilers was painful enough.

And although I know it will NEVER happen...it would be fun to see the Texans wear WFL Houston Texans throwbacks.

houtexansuni.gif

How bout a USFL throwback day in the NFL. Something like this.

The Bears could wear the Chicago Blitz.

The Lions, the Michigan Panthers.

The Cardinals, the Arizona Wranglers.

The Steelers. the Pittsburgh Maulers.

The Cowboys, the Oklahoma Outlaws.

The Raiders, the Oakland Invaders.

The Bucs, the Tampa Bay Bandits.

The Broncos, the Denver Gold.

The Dolphins, the Orlando Renegades. (Since the Renegades were originally suppose to play in Miami).

The Titans, the Memphis Showboats.

The Falcons, the Birmingham Stallions. (Close enough)

The Jags, the Jacksonville Bulls.

The Vikings, the San Antonio Gunslingers.(A tribute to Red McCombs)

The Texans, the Houston Gamblers.

The Rams, the L.A. Express.

The Eagles and Ravens can both be the Philadelphia/Baltimore Stars.

Both the Jets and Giants could be the New Jersey Generals.

The Patriots, Saints and Seahawks, the Boston, New Orleans and Portland Breakers.

The Redskins and everybody else can be the Washington Federals.

What a waste of time this was!!!

I would prefer the NFL resist that tempation to break out USFL throwbacks. No offense, but this isn't the NBA. :D

It would be pretty cool if the NFL teams all did that for a preseason game. The USFL had some great uniforms, too. From that list, I think these USFL teams had better unis/logos than their NFL counterparts:

Michigan Panthers better than Detroit Lions

Portland Breakers better than Seattle Seahawks

Chicago Blitz better than the Bears

Arizona Wranglers better than the Cardinals

Oakland Invaders better than the Raiders (sort of)

Denver Gold better than the Broncos

Tampa Bay Bandits better than the Buccs

And the Jacksonville Bulls are WAY better than the Shaguars

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

It would be pretty cool if the NFL teams all did that for a preseason game. The USFL had some great uniforms, too. From that list, I think these USFL teams had better unis/logos than their NFL counterparts:

Panthers better than Lions, yes.

Breakers better than (current) Seahawks, yes.

Blitz better than bears... yer kiddin', right?

Wranglers better than Cardnals... meh.

Invaders better than Raiders... uh, no.

Gold better than Broncos... huh? No.

Bandits better than Bucs... please.... thats silly.

Bulls better than Jags... oh, wait... yer right, there.

The Jaguars are supposed to be coming out with a completely new look for 2009. Many sources are verifying this.

Look for more teal (especially to the road uniforms) and less black.

And, teal pants, that might actually be worn.

They are selling current Jag jersey's for 1/2 off, in Jacksonville and other NFL outlets. That usually means, new uniforms are coming.

Panthers better than Lions, yes.

Breakers better than (current) Seahawks, yes.

Blitz better than bears... yer kiddin', right?

Wranglers better than Cardnals... meh.

Invaders better than Raiders... uh, no.

Gold better than Broncos... huh? No.

Bandits better than Bucs... please.... thats silly.

Bulls better than Jags... oh, wait... yer right, there.

There's no way the Bandits had better uniforms than the current Buccaneers. The Bandits, excluding the black numbers on the white jerseys and the number outlines, were direct ripoffs of Ohio State's uniforms at the time.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Is that a confirmation swe3t?

well a couple players have confirmed it. its going to be a different color teal.. probably some piping. and i guess the helmet is going to change colors depending on the angle youre looking at it. and they might change the logo, but no confirmation on that yet.. theyre also taking the full jaguars off the sleeves..

bullssig.png

well a couple players have confirmed it. its going to be a different color teal.. probably some piping. and i guess the helmet is going to change colors depending on the angle youre looking at it. and they might change the logo, but no confirmation on that yet.. theyre also taking the full jaguars off the sleeves..

of all the possible people to leak something (including all the sources of everyone on the board), it comes from a newcomer with 14 posts.

uhh, yeah... i'll believe it when i see it...

of all the possible people to leak something (including all the sources of everyone on the board), it comes from a newcomer with 14 posts.

I'm a jaguar fan. I didn't come here to tell you guys that, just saw the thread and thought id give everyone a heads up.. but thanks for the blatant disrespect.

bullssig.png

I'm a jaguar fan. I didn't come here to tell you guys that, just saw the thread and thought id give everyone a heads up.. but thanks for the blatant disrespect.

Actually, y'all...newbie here may have a decent point. I went and checked out the Jaguars Team Shop online and wouldn't you know it...damn near all the jerseys there (not including the full authentics) are damn near half-off.

Y'all know what they say...where there's smoke, there's usually fire. Just sayin'...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Actually, y'all...newbie here may have a decent point. I went and checked out the Jaguars Team Shop online and wouldn't you know it...damn near all the jerseys there (not including the full authentics) are damn near half-off.

Y'all know what they say...where there's smoke, there's usually fire. Just sayin'...

He's right. Not to mention, the number of posts have nothing to do with how credible the source is. I have less than 1000 posts and been here less than a year, but I'm sure you would be hard pressed to find someone that is more knowledgeable about the Braves than me ;) Go ahead....I'm waiting :)

Seriously though, you have no idea who is behind that screen name. A little respect can go a long way.

swe3t's just picking his spots. It's not like he joined yesterday and pulled something out of left field. Sounded reliable enough to me. Doubt he'd been plotting this since September.

18 informational posts from an insider -- or even a fan in the city in question -- can outweigh 1,000 "looks good" or "bumps" (not saying you do that). I often can get people to confirm a rumor about the Cubs because I'm in Chicago -- but I have no official league sources.

Also, most of the insiders have zero posts with actual leaks for fear of losing their insider status. I respect that, too.

So, thanks for sharing, swe3t. We'll stay tuned.

You can't really blame people for being skeptical when a new member posts a rumor with no proof. There have been countless times when the new guy ended up being totally wrong.

I know, but not every 'reliable' source is 100% right either. Just saying.

As for the info itself... this sounds like mostly bad news, to me. Piping? Helmets that change color? no thanks.

I have no problem with people posting rumors that they have heard. I actually am thankful for it. I just prefer them to back it up with some kind of proof.

New NFL uniforms is very exciting to me, so I did some digging into this Jags rumor. I came across this thread:

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=119&f=1835&t=3565924

If the original poster is correct, it sounds like the Jags are going to have helmets that appear different colors under different light. My guess would be that they remain black under most lighting, but shine teal under the sun. It better the hell not be sublimated gold jaguar spots or something ridiculous like that. I am not against the idea of a helmet that changes colors, but I am concerned about how it would look when paired with flat black pants. Hopefully they scrap the black pants.

The colors will apparently stay the same, but the original poster in that thread says they are going to change up the logo and uniforms. Probably piping.

Later in the thread someone else says that they talked to a player and he said that the shade of teal is going to change, the white jerseys will be worn at home and the logo will remain the same but the design of the uniforms will be "very different". Wearing white at home kind of makes sense if the team wants to minimize the teal. They would be wearing white on the road as well, so the teal jerseys would almost never be worn.

I am still skeptical as to whether anything will change.

will the bears go back to the blue pants?

Doubt it....I happen to like the al-white look myself....the color of the pants is left up to the players and since Urlacher and a number of veterans really like the all-white look...you'll see if for the next few seasons as long as the vets are there.

Archived