World Baseball Classic 2009

Breakwood

Just an idea Karl Ravech had a few days ago during the Astros-Braves game on ESPN, but his idea was to start the WBC later in March and wittle it down to a Final 4 to be played i replacement of the All Star Game every 4 years.

Not a prefect fix, but not a bad idea.

That's an outstanding idea. Man I miss having Baseball Tonight.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just an idea Karl Ravech had a few days ago during the Astros-Braves game on ESPN, but his idea was to start the WBC later in March and wittle it down to a Final 4 to be played i replacement of the All Star Game every 4 years.

Not a prefect fix, but not a bad idea.

That's an outstanding idea. Man I miss having Baseball Tonight.

Which is where Karl Ravech and company should stay. They spent a good part of that game talking about A-Rod and fantasy baseball, and occasionally calling the game. The Braves tied the game but they were too busy talking about other stuff that didn't have anything to do with what happened. Hell, Jason Heyward entered the game, and even though they had been talking him up earlier, they didn't even notice until he was at bat.

I understand it's spring training, but come on, call the game. Don't turn a baseball game into a 3 hour episode of Baseball Tonight

Dear MLB,

Please send me my WBC tickets... the first two games are a week from tomorrow and I ordered the ticket package in November. No, nobody else has gotten theirs either.

Signed,

Probably not getting his tickets

Sweet. If nobody has tickets, my job will be easy :P

You workin' at the Dome now?

Yeah started last season, and again this year. Any word on the number of tickets sold for the WBC? I'm being told by my people that they arent expecting much, but I could've swore I heard in the media that the games are selling well.

1zqy8ok.gif

Dear MLB,

Please send me my WBC tickets... the first two games are a week from tomorrow and I ordered the ticket package in November. No, nobody else has gotten theirs either.

Signed,

Yeah started last season, and again this year. Any word on the number of tickets sold for the WBC? I'm being told by my people that they arent expecting much, but I could've swore I heard in the media that the games are selling well.

I'd be stunned if there's a good turnout... unless there's a large amount coming up from the States. You hardly even hear about the tournament in the press here.

What are you doing? Usher? Ticket Taker?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Tickets in the mail today!

What game are you going to. Or got tickets for the whole series at the Rogers Center.

I think my bro is guna try and make it to the USA vs Can one. Dont know if he'll invite me, since hes on vacation at that time....lucky him.

4kv29i.jpg

What game are you going to. Or got tickets for the whole series at the Rogers Center.

I think my bro is guna try and make it to the USA vs Can one. Dont know if he'll invite me, since hes on vacation at that time....lucky him.

I got tickets to the whole series; 130A, row 1... look for me right behind third base :)

I'll probably skip a game or two during the week, it'll be tough to go to games Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday while working during the day, and then flying to Florida for Spring Training on Friday morning.

So tough... :)

---

Chris Creamer

I got tickets to the whole series; 130A, row 1... look for me right behind third base :)

I'll probably skip a game or two during the week, it'll be tough to go to games Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday while working during the day, and then flying to Florida for Spring Training on Friday morning.

You coming to see the Jays again?

You coming to see the Jays again?

Yessir, I'll be staying near St. Petes and going to games in Lakeland, Dunedin, Clearwater and Tampa... not to mention the Leafs/Lightning game on St Pattys Day!

---

Chris Creamer

Dear MLB,

Signed,

I'd be stunned if there's a good turnout... unless there's a large amount coming up from the States. You hardly even hear about the tournament in the press here.

What are you doing? Usher? Ticket Taker?

Security....or Crowd Management as they call it there to sound less "scary". Basically I stand at Gate 11 all game checking out the cute girls that walk in, and telling people that they can't go out to smoke. Sadly I don't get to watch much of the game, oh well.

1zqy8ok.gif

Security....or Crowd Management as they call it there to sound less "scary". Basically I stand at Gate 11 all game checking out the cute girls that walk in, and telling people that they can't go out to smoke. Sadly I don't get to watch much of the game, oh well.

Good. I wouldn't want to be kicked out of Rogers Centre by a fellow CC Community member this summer for being too "rowdy". :P

After going to about 75-80% of the games with my Toronto Star Season Pass, I don't understand why most people get thrown out for being "rowdy". I understand if they bring in their own alcohol, but most times it was just people having fun.

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

After going to about 75-80% of the games with my Toronto Star Season Pass

Ah the season pass! One of the few things I miss about living in Toronto....went to 18 games in 2007 for $90!

Good. I wouldn't want to be kicked out of Rogers Centre by a fellow CC Community member this summer for being too "rowdy". :P

After going to about 75-80% of the games with my Toronto Star Season Pass, I don't understand why most people get thrown out for being "rowdy". I understand if they bring in their own alcohol, but most times it was just people having fun.

I kicked my own fair share of people out for "just having fun"... swearing will get you a warning, repeated swearing after warning will get you kicked out; being excessively drunk will get you kicked out; passing off a beer to someone without ID will get you arrested and kicked out; attempting to buy a beer after I've "cut you off" for the night will get you kicked out.

One that was out of our hands is when a player, coach or umpire complained -- and it happened quite often.

---

Chris Creamer

I kicked my own fair share of people out for "just having fun"... swearing will get you a warning, repeated swearing after warning will get you kicked out; being excessively drunk will get you kicked out; passing off a beer to someone without ID will get you arrested and kicked out; attempting to buy a beer after I've "cut you off" for the night will get you kicked out.

One that was out of our hands is when a player, coach or umpire complained -- and it happened quite often.

It's true. Most people get kicked out for alcohol related problems. Usually its us saving our own ass, since technically it's illegal to allow a person get drunk on our property. Same with underage drinking. We get liquor inspectors every game noting our operations.

Obviously sometimes it seems unfair...but I swear we're not trying to be :censored:s about it. We finally lost our liquor license last year for the first time ever. So 2 games will be dry at the beginning of the season.

1zqy8ok.gif

Some WBC Exhibitions took place today:

Canada beat Toronto 6-4

The Dominican Republic beat Florida 10-1

Washington beat Italy 9-6

Pittsburgh beat The Netherlands 5-4

Atlanta beat Panama 11-2

Minnesota beat Puerto Rico 3-2

Detroit beat Venezuela 7-5

The United States beat New York Yankees 6-5

1zqy8ok.gif

Archived