2009 NFL Off-Season Thread

BlueSky

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PETA gets right back on the Michael Vick Hate Bandwagon.

I can understand the fact that it's gonna be had, if not impossible, to see Vick as anything other than a dogfighter, but COME ON PETA, LET IT GO!

You know damn well PETA won't let this die without them having their say in it. It's been PETA's M.O. for years.

ESPN's at it again, apparantly a top story(on the NFL) is "Romo says he will be a more active leader" Is it really that big of a story? :huh:

Its the Cowboys so it must be the LEAD!!!

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

PETA gets right back on the Michael Vick Hate Bandwagon.

I can understand the fact that it's gonna be had, if not impossible, to see Vick as anything other than a dogfighter, but COME ON PETA, LET IT GO!

You know damn well PETA won't let this die without them having their say in it. It's been PETA's M.O. for years.

I think the best thing to do is ignore PETA.... sheesh, how many times do we, members, have to bring up something PETA does and says? <_<

I saw, I came, I left.

AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

This will end about as well as your Mike Martz experiment, Detroit.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

For the Ravens:

1. Deal with free agents

a. Need to resign Ray Lewis. This team could be a contender for the next couple of seasons, but it could easily fall apart without the leadership of Lewis. The Ravens need to sign him and make sure he finishes his career in Baltimore.

b. Resign one of Terrell Suggs or Bart Scott. I'd prefer to keep Suggs, as I feel Scott can be replaced easier (the Ravens are really deep at LB).

c. Make a decision on Jim Leonhard and Dwan Landry. Both are free agents. Landry appeared to be on his way to a breakout year before his injury. Leonhard stepped up big time for Landry's injury. I really don't know who to keep, so I'll trust Ozzie Newsom's decision. It'd be great if we could keep both.

2. Try to get rid of Willis McGahee's salary. I was surprised to find out this season that McGahee was the highest paid Raven, when he was the third best RB. I feel that McClain and Rice will make a nice duo for a long time. No real need to keep McGahee. I'd try to find a way to get rid of his salary to pay for something more useful.

3. Draft a good young CB. The secondary is by far the weakest part of Ravens defense. McAlister has alot of trouble staying healthy and Rolle always seemed to give up big plays.

4. Get a #1 WR. Mason was huge this year, but at this point of his career he appears to be a #2 WR. I'd love to try and get a Chad Johnson or Anquan Boldin if possible. We've got the cap space for Boldin and his stock could be down after his attitude problems. Boldin, Mason, and Clayton would be a top receiving combo and could set Flacco up for a huge year.

I definitely can see the Ravens competing for the Super Bowl for the next 2-3 years, if they make the right moves.

Be prepared to trade for Boldin b/c he's not a free agent yet...not sure you'll get him at a bargin either b/c not everyone is buying the media's hype on the Boldin-Todd Haley incident. Not sure Ocho Cinco is a FA either. Unless you wanna trade here's the '09 WR FA list.

Hank Baskett, RFA, Philadelphia Eagles

Bobby Engram, UFA, Seattle Seahawks

Jabar Gaffney, UFA, New England Patriots

Dante? Hall, UFA, St. Louis Rams

Devery Henderson, UFA, New Orleans Saints

T.J. Houshmandzadeh, UFA, Cincinnati Bengals

Sam Hurd, UFA, Dallas Cowboys

Brandon Jones, UFA, Tennessee Titans

Ashley Lelie, UFA, Denver Broncos

Shaun McDonald, UFA, Detroit Lions

Koren Robinson, UFA, Seattle Seahawks

Amani Toomer, UFA, New York Giants

Miles Austin RFA Dallas Cowboys

Dane Looker UFA St Louis Rams

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Ladies and Gentlemen....ESPN is reporting that Herm has left the building.

EDIT-the Ravens are welcome to both Looker and Hall.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Actually what Schwartz is doing is a great thing right now. Linehan may not have been a good head coach, but I know he'll do something with the Lions. Plus if you remember, the one year Martz was with the Lions, they did go 7-9. So far, so good with the coaching staff. At least that's what I think

For the Ravens:

1. Deal with free agents

a. Need to resign Ray Lewis. This team could be a contender for the next couple of seasons, but it could easily fall apart without the leadership of Lewis. The Ravens need to sign him and make sure he finishes his career in Baltimore.

b. Resign one of Terrell Suggs or Bart Scott. I'd prefer to keep Suggs, as I feel Scott can be replaced easier (the Ravens are really deep at LB).

c. Make a decision on Jim Leonhard and Dwan Landry. Both are free agents. Landry appeared to be on his way to a breakout year before his injury. Leonhard stepped up big time for Landry's injury. I really don't know who to keep, so I'll trust Ozzie Newsom's decision. It'd be great if we could keep both.

2. Try to get rid of Willis McGahee's salary. I was surprised to find out this season that McGahee was the highest paid Raven, when he was the third best RB. I feel that McClain and Rice will make a nice duo for a long time. No real need to keep McGahee. I'd try to find a way to get rid of his salary to pay for something more useful.

3. Draft a good young CB. The secondary is by far the weakest part of Ravens defense. McAlister has alot of trouble staying healthy and Rolle always seemed to give up big plays.

4. Get a #1 WR. Mason was huge this year, but at this point of his career he appears to be a #2 WR. I'd love to try and get a Chad Johnson or Anquan Boldin if possible. We've got the cap space for Boldin and his stock could be down after his attitude problems. Boldin, Mason, and Clayton would be a top receiving combo and could set Flacco up for a huge year.

I definitely can see the Ravens competing for the Super Bowl for the next 2-3 years, if they make the right moves.

Be prepared to trade for Boldin b/c he's not a free agent yet...not sure you'll get him at a bargin either b/c not everyone is buying the media's hype on the Boldin-Todd Haley incident. Not sure Ocho Cinco is a FA either. Unless you wanna trade here's the '09 WR FA list.

Hank Baskett, RFA, Philadelphia Eagles

Bobby Engram, UFA, Seattle Seahawks

Jabar Gaffney, UFA, New England Patriots

Dante? Hall, UFA, St. Louis Rams

Devery Henderson, UFA, New Orleans Saints

T.J. Houshmandzadeh, UFA, Cincinnati Bengals

Sam Hurd, UFA, Dallas Cowboys

Brandon Jones, UFA, Tennessee Titans

Ashley Lelie, UFA, Denver Broncos

Shaun McDonald, UFA, Detroit Lions

Koren Robinson, UFA, Seattle Seahawks

Amani Toomer, UFA, New York Giants

Miles Austin RFA Dallas Cowboys

Dane Looker UFA St Louis Rams

I thought Boldin was a FA, but now I remember it was that he asked for a trade. Looking at the free agent list, I'd only sign Houshmanzadeh. Otherwise I'd try to make a trade. Boldin will probably still want to be traded win or loss. It seems he wants to be the #1 and that's not going to happen with Larry Fitzgerald on the team. Baltimore may be a good fit for him, depending on what he costs.

Rex Ryan showed more personality in 1 press conference, than Eric Mangini did in 3 years. Ryan will make sure we field a great D in 2009.

That's good.

New York's problem was at the QB position this year.

Today, we are all otaku.

Rex Ryan showed more personality in 1 press conference, than Eric Mangini did in 3 years. Ryan will make sure we field a great D in 2009.

That's good.

New York's problem was at the QB position this year.

And at the Head Coach position as well, obviously. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

And in "I'm throwing my money away" news...Hawks point guard Acie Law

He even threw in a 16-0. I'm sure his friend will thoroughly enjoy the 10K that he will recieve at this time next year.

And in "I'm throwing my money away" news...Hawks point guard Acie Law

He even threw in a 16-0. I'm sure his friend will thoroughly enjoy the 10K that he will recieve at this time next year.

And even if that happens, Wade Phillips would still be out of a job in 2010. ^_^

6uXNWAo.png

Actually what Schwartz is doing is a great thing right now. Linehan may not have been a good head coach, but I know he'll do something with the Lions. Plus if you remember, the one year Martz was with the Lions, they did go 7-9. So far, so good with the coaching staff. At least that's what I think

As witness to his days in Miami... I have a high opinion of him as an offensive co-ordinator.

He sure picked a challenge, though.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Eagles:

1. Replace LJ Smith and decide if Brent Celek is the new starter

2. Find a REAL fullback, not a converted DT

3. Re-sign Dawkins for another year but consider getting another safety

4. Figure out what to do with both OT spots (both Tra Thomas and Jon Runyan are free agents and will be 35 soon)

5. Replace Correll Buckhalter with a younger complementary back to provide a 1-2 punch with Westbrook

6. Consider another DE

7. Figure out what to do with Lito Sheppard

Raiders settle on Tom Cable, what a dysfunctional organization. If you can call any thing with the Raiders organized

As long as Al Davis is above ground there is literally no hope for that team. It's a shame really. The Raiders used to be so cool...about 35 years ago.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived