2009 NFL Off-Season Thread

BlueSky

I know UFL talk shouldn't be in an NFL thread but this involves a former NFL player.

JP Losman chooses UFL over NFL and signs with the Las Vegas franchise, I think the long run this league will become more of a developmental league then just a straight up league to run along and compete with the NFL.

And the UFL could possibly be where Micheal Vick begins his road back to prominence

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Except no amount of "development" will turn JP Losman into a NFL-caliber quarterback.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

JP Losman chooses UFL over NFL and signs with the Las Vegas franchise, I think the long run this league will become more of a developmental league then just a straight up league to run along and compete with the NFL.

And the UFL could possibly be where Micheal Vick begins his road back to prominence

This is the first time I've taken a look at the UFL in quite a while. For anyone else who hasn't checked in lately, it's shaping up to be is Dennis Green, Jim Haslett and a half-dozen reject quarterbacks. Basically, this is XFL 2009 wthout the idiotic gimmicks. I'll give it two years, tops.

6uXNWAo.png

Cowboys got Marcus Spears (1st Round 2005), Julius Jones (2nd Round) and Sean Ryan (5th Round) for that 23rd pick.

Rob Johnson was traded by Jax to the Bills for a 1st-9th overall (Fred Taylor) and 4th rounder which was Tavian Banks.

I would say Jacksonville won out better with Taylor, but both trades were horrendous for the Bills.

saBS.png

Cowboys got Marcus Spears (1st Round 2005), Julius Jones (2nd Round) and Sean Ryan (5th Round) for that 23rd pick.

Rob Johnson was traded by Jax to the Bills for a 1st-9th overall (Fred Taylor) and 4th rounder which was Tavian Banks.

I would say Jacksonville won out better with Taylor, but both trades were horrendous for the Bills.

Julius Jones was a bust, Sean Ryan i don't think is even in the league. We'll have to see on Spears if he isn't a bust. i don't think that trade is that bad in reality. I guess they could have had Spears.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Archived