2009 NFL Off-Season Thread

BlueSky

Dom Capers will move Aaron Kampman to OLB to usher in the new 3-4 defense in Green Bay, how sweet would it be to see the Pack go after Bertrand Berry is the Cards don't resign him.

Kampman wont be an exclusive OLB..hes gonna be a hybrid DE/LB,because McCarthy wants to keep some of the 4-3 elements in there scheme.Ted wont sign Berry though,he will be to expensive,he would rather trade down 4 or 5 times in the draft and build the roster with 12 draft picks every year.

Personally i think the secondary needs to be the Packs priority,the D-line,then O-Line.Igor Olashansky would look good in Green and Gold.I just hope Malcolm Jenkins is there at 9...prolly wont be,but i can hope lol

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tampa apparently made those cuts a few days ago to create payroll space for......

Kellen Winslow, who they traded a draft pick for.

(NFL.com)

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Bart Scott to the Jets. I don't have a link, but it is true.

Ray Lewis will be next. these Rex Ryan guys will run the team.

No! Ray Lewis to Kansas City....

I can dream.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3939677

Says there that The Jets and Scott's agent have agreed, but Scott still needs to approve the deal. That sounds kind of weird, you think the player would be the one agree not the agent.

Anyway, I don't mind losing Scott. The Ravens are deep at LB and he's the easy one to replace (out of the 3 FAs). However I think the Ravens really have to keep Lewis at all costs (unless he is able to get a completely ridiculous deal elsewhere). It would be to big a blow to lost both Rex Ryan and Ray Lewis in the same offseason. I really think the Ravens could be Super Bowl contenders next year, but I'm not as confident without Ray Lewis.

Apparently the Eagles signed (pending his physical) Bengals OT Stacey Andrews to replace injured John Runyan. The right side of their line will now be composed of Stacey and his brother, former pro-bowler Shawn.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Kellen Winslow traded to the Bucs for undisclosed draft pics.

Talent wise, he could be one of the elite recieving tight ends in the NFL, or even an all-time great.

Personality-wise, this guy is unpredictable, and would have probably caused more trouble with the Browns.

Good move, especially if they end up gettin a 1st rounder in the deal.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3939777

EDIT: Already mentioned; but I'll keep it there, cause it's got my 2 cents.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Dawkins just signed a 2-yr deal with the Broncos, rejoining former teammate Correll Buckhalter. wow......sad day for Eagles fans... <_<

I'm pumped about this as a Broncos fan. I know he's lost a step but he's a great leader, and has long been one of my favorite players in the NFL.

IUe6Hvh.png

Just heard on Hardcore Sports Radio that the Providence Journal is reporting that the Patriots have come to terms with Fred Taylor.

EDIT - DeAngelo Hall signs with the Redskins 6 years 54 million.

And apparently the Pats have traded Mike Vrabel to Kansas City :shocked:

I have a bad feeling about next year.

Is it at the " :censored: hits the fan" stage yet?

No, but AH92 is going to have to be incredible next year to earn that $100 million, and I've never seen a Redskin be $100 million dollar good. Also, the Raiders gave DeAngelo Hall a big contract last year, and look what happened.

Are you hearing anything in Denver about this? Denver Post doesn't have anything and all the Philly sources are saying nothing is done yet....

Hasn't been reported anywhere except the San Fransisco Chronicle.

Seth Joyner was my favorite player of all time, mostly because he was the star when I was a kid. I was sad when he left, but I totally understood the reason (Norman Braman) why.

Dawkins might be my second favorite player of all time, but when I heard this news on the radio, I nearly drove off the road. This is devistating if true. I'm still holding out hope that it's just a premature report, because I can't believe that he would leave. If this is true, I hope that Andy Reid, Jeff Lurie, and Joe Banner all die slow agonyzing deaths. Honestly, Andy is kind of already on his way there.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Ravens Sign Foxworth to Four-Year Deal

Looks like a good move to me. Cornerback has been the Ravens weakest position on defense for a couple years now. I was hoping they'd draft one this year, but I'm glad we got an already established guy that is still young enough to make an impact for multiple season. Plus he's a local guy.

Now get Ray signed and upgrade at WR.

Are you hearing anything in Denver about this? Denver Post doesn't have anything and all the Philly sources are saying nothing is done yet....

Hasn't been reported anywhere except the San Fransisco Chronicle.

Seth Joyner was my favorite player of all time, mostly because he was the star when I was a kid. I was sad when he left, but I totally understood the reason (Norman Braman) why.

Dawkins might be my second favorite player of all time, but when I heard this news on the radio, I nearly drove off the road. This is devistating if true. I'm still holding out hope that it's just a premature report, because I can't believe that he would leave. If this is true, I hope that Andy Reid, Jeff Lurie, and Joe Banner all die slow agonyzing deaths. Honestly, Andy is kind of already on his way there.

I haven't seen anything on the ESPN website, or anything local. But my buddy got a text message alert from ESPN, and I heard it mentioned by John Clayton on ESPN Radio. I'm not getting my hopes too high up yet, since Clayton also mentioned a source close to Dawkins said there hasn't been a deal reached yet.

The only thing I've seen for myself has been links on message boards to Sports Illustrated.

I'm really hoping he'll be playing in Denver -- he's one of my favorite players.

By the way, good for Foxworth getting his money. I liked him when he was in Denver -- it was kind of silly to give him up considering the state of the Broncos defense last year.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived