New markings for Seibu Lions of NPB

Viola73

The Saitama Seibu Lions, of the Japanese Pro Baseball League (NPB), have launched their new logo and word marking for the up coming season.

Here is the link to their main page and the logos and a translated version of the announcement:

http://www.seibulions.jp/news/detail/1120.html

You use the Saitama Seibu Lions, from 2009 season, we announced concerning the new pet mark and team name logograph. It adjusts also the team color to this, the Lions blue which repeats change to 30 years, the blue evolves to the ?legend spins legend blue? which. 2009 hits to club establishment 60th season, black of west iron age, and blue of the Seibu era fuse, Lions keeps aiming toward the fact that it keeps building new glory. It starts using furthermore, from after the Tokorozawa moving in the future as symbol of the team concerning the club flag which designates the rheo mark which is loved as keynote. The Saitama Seibu Lions, starts stuffing thinking everyone of the fan from west iron age, and everyone of the fan from the Seibu era, and everyone of all fans which love current Lions. The case where it is crossing over in the ball park, everyone we like, the [ma] taking ?Lions? in the body, receiving, aiming toward the consecutive championship victory of [ajiashirizu] Japan Series [kuraimatsukusushirizu] [pashihuitsukurigu], dyeing the stand blue fighting together, we ask the fact that it receives. Furthermore, also the uniform has planned modification attendant upon the modification of [petsutomaku] [chimunemurogo]. Concerning this, future you announce again. (Concerning details because the inquiry is unable to answer, please acknowledge beforehand. )

I THINK what they are saying is that they are concerned with the reaction to possibly changing their beloved 'Kimba' lion and are looking to keep it somehow:

SeibuLions.png

The logo, the wordmark, the color scheme... all generic, poorly-executed, and disappointing. As far as downgrades go, this one may outdo the SoftBank Hawks.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

In my opinion, the wordmark is a significant upgrade. That said, the lion claw gripping the baseball looks awkward.

Overall grade: C

Agreed. I didn't even realize it was a paw until I saw the lower thumb digit (I honestly thought it was like a toupee at first lol). The arrangement of the digits look weird because they're stretched so wide to cover the entirety of the baseball, and the lower thumb just doesnt match the other upper digits.

The Saitama Seibu Lions, of the Japanese Pro Baseball League (NPB), have launched their new logo and word marking for the up coming season.

Here is the link to their main page and the logos and a translated version of the announcement:

You use the Saitama Seibu Lions, from 2009 season, we announced concerning the new pet mark and team name logograph. It adjusts also the team color to this, the Lions blue which repeats change to 30 years, the blue evolves to the ?legend spins legend blue? which. 2009 hits to club establishment 60th season, black of west iron age, and blue of the Seibu era fuse, Lions keeps aiming toward the fact that it keeps building new glory. It starts using furthermore, from after the Tokorozawa moving in the future as symbol of the team concerning the club flag which designates the rheo mark which is loved as keynote. The Saitama Seibu Lions, starts stuffing thinking everyone of the fan from west iron age, and everyone of the fan from the Seibu era, and everyone of all fans which love current Lions. The case where it is crossing over in the ball park, everyone we like, the [ma] taking ?Lions? in the body, receiving, aiming toward the consecutive championship victory of [ajiashirizu] Japan Series [kuraimatsukusushirizu] [pashihuitsukurigu], dyeing the stand blue fighting together, we ask the fact that it receives. Furthermore, also the uniform has planned modification attendant upon the modification of [petsutomaku] [chimunemurogo]. Concerning this, future you announce again. (Concerning details because the inquiry is unable to answer, please acknowledge beforehand. )

I THINK what they are saying is that they are concerned with the reaction to possibly changing their beloved 'Kimba' lion and are looking to keep it somehow:

SeibuLions.png

I'm reading under the link and I have no clue what the heck is being said. I think somewhere in that it's being said that Japan will crush us in hockey in next year's Olympics. What?!

SeibuLions.png

I'm reading under the link and I have no clue what the heck is being said. I think somewhere in that it's being said that Japan will crush us in hockey in next year's Olympics. What?!

^_^

Yeah, translation from japanese to english can be somewhat of a crap shoot. They have words to express attitudes, feelings, and overall emotions that cannot be translated.

If you you really want a good laugh go to here:

http://www.engrish.com/

I assume they'll be using the "L" on the cap instead of Kimba?

I miss Kimba, but I think this will surely help out in terms of upgrading Seibu's uniforms. Hold on, let me dig up some photos...

Home

P5250041.jpg

Away

P7130054.jpg

P7130053.jpg

Sorry about the quality/distance of these; I just wanted to use pictures that I took myself back in 2007. :D

BTW, some of the words that didn't get translated in the news snippet you posted:

[ajiashirizu] = Asia Series, a 4-team tournament pitting the club champions of Japan, Korea, China, and Taiwan. (Fun fact: In the 2008 Asia Series, 3 of the 4 teams were named Lions. :D Seibu Lions, Uni President Lions, and Tianjin Lions... if only the Samsung Lions could have won the Korean League.)

[kuraimatsukusushirizu] = Climax Series (that's what they call their playoffs)

[pashihuitsukurigu] = Pacific League (NPB has this stupid system of calling their regular season champs "League Champs", which they've done since both leagues adopted a playoff system in 2007. Then again, I shouldn't knock the system, as the 2nd-place Dragons got to the Japan Series and won it.)

[petsutomaku] = Pet Mark? Do they mean the primary logo?

[chimunemurogo] = Team name logo (script, as we call it)

sportsbanner-single.jpg

Archived