2009 NCAA Basketball Thread

Drew22

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone still think the Big East isn't the best conference now?

The Big East had the best Top 5 or 6 teams of any Conference this year, and perhaps ever. After that, they fall back to Earth quite nicely and rapidly. Their lower tier teams likely would suck in any of the BCS Conferences.

Perhaps, but if they fill out all four NCG contenders, that'd be pretty significant and great, wouldn't it? Has that ever happened before?

No.

The closest has been 3, in 1986...when the Big East did it then. Villanova, Georgetown, & St. John's.

I'm hoping that it happens this year, though. I have Pitt, UConn, Louisville, & Syracuse in the final 4.

Billy Gillespie canned.

Good riddance...

Plus, the next coach gets 3 years to blame Tubby.

OK...I understand "basketball royalty" and all that, but who really wants this job? Is the prestige worth dealing with an unpleaseable fanbase?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Billy Gillespie canned.

Good riddance...

OK...I understand "basketball royalty" and all that, but who really wants this job? Is the prestige worth dealing with an unpleaseable fanbase?

I ask myself this every time the Raiders hire a new coach.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

And in the meantime, Tubby is slowly but surely reviving Minnesota's basketball program. Good job, Kentucky.

I mean, you got the guy who they ran off reviving a dormant program, and then the guy who ran away from them for the NBA (Pitino) won the Big East in Kentucky...Louisville, Kentucky.

They have got to be feeling mad sour right now. They probably expected to win the NIT.

EDIT: Kentucky did this for a reason.

Billy Donovan to Kentucky?

Billy Donovan to Kentucky?

No chance.

Donovan already turned UK down a couple years ago -- plus Florida was nice enough to allow him to come back after jumping to the NBA's Magic. After that, I just don't see the guy ever leaving the Gators.

6uXNWAo.png

Billy Gillespie canned.

Good riddance...

And down, down, down, they go, as North Carolina continues its march to being the winningest program in the nation. I love it.

And you're "winner" is...

who knows. He hasn't been revealed yet.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Two tickets have been punched to the E8 with UConn and Pitt winning. For the second half of tonight we have Mizzou/Memphis and Villanova/Duke.

An ugly win is still a win...

...but DAMMIT guys can we please start actually winning? This is the Elite 8. The "just squeaking by" stuff wont work anymore.

oBIgzrL.png

Archived