2009 NCAA Basketball Thread

Drew22

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welp....congrats to Sparty, but I'm already sick of the Recession narrative.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

whatever happens, I hope it doesn't end up MSU v. UNC at Ford Field v.2. I would like to see a close game.

This is a much different, vastly improved MSU team. You'd think people would start believing after we beat the defending champs and the Big East champion.

They sure are looking like a different team, alright. I mean, at least earlier in the season they didn't fall apart COMPLETELY until the second half. Here is the riot status for East Lansing:

https://www.msu.edu/~creswel1/riotstatus/index.html

By the way, I was hoping for State to win, but it won't hurt me if they don't. Goran Suton is from the same High School as me, so I was at least rooting for him....

MegatronSig2.jpg

This tournament, for the most part, sucked. The only time that it was exciting was during the 1st and 2nd rounds. No upsets + crappy title game = LAME.

No kidding. Everything that could have been fun about this tournament -- upsets, an all-Big East final four, good games -- hasn't happened. ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Usually my policy is not to post championship sigs until (a second or two) after the final buzzer of the final game, but I'll make an exception in this case - tonight's final has never been in doubt since the first minute or so.

ncaamncarchamps.png

Congrats to the Tar Heels... and of course, congrats also to President Obama who picked them to win in his tournament brackets.

CCSLC signature.png

Well at least the first minute was competitive.

8:22 to go in the first half and Michigan State just cut it to under 20 down.

Disappointing year for UNC, they didn't get to 40 wins.

Anyone else and I would chalk this comment up to sarcasm, but with you I just don't know. In case you were being serious, any year you win the championship is never a disappointment, not a single player or coach cares about their win total right now.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Anyone else and I would chalk this comment up to sarcasm, but with you I just don't know. In case you were being serious, any year you win the championship is never a disappointment, not a single player or coach cares about their win total right now.
Trust me, if I was AD of UNC, I'd fire any coach who couldn't consistently win 40 games a year. The standards should be that high at that school.

LvZYtbZ.png

Trust me, if I was AD of UNC, I'd fire any coach who couldn't consistently win 40 games a year. The standards should be that high at that school.

So you have grabbed "most insane fanbase/athletic department" honors from Kentucky. What's your next move?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived