San Diego Chargers Concept

bigmike

I think it's definitely an improvement. It fixes the random application of different colored backgrounds behind the bolt problem. The only two things I would change would be to get rid of the number on the helmet and to make the numbers on the away uniform powder blue. Do that and these will look perfect IMO.

How exactly is the way they use bolt backgrounds random? It makes perfect sense, really, it's just the opposite color on pants and jerseys.

It's not random. It makes perfect sense. It just looks terrible.

The thing that i really don't like about the new lightning bolt for the Chargers is the outlining pattern. It goes yellow-light blue-navy, and then with the powder blue jerseys looks weird. If you got rid of the powder blue outline of the lightning bolt, it would look much clearer and distinct on the shoulders of the powder blues. The outline on the bolt from the old uniforms somebody posted is just navy, and it looks great

but thats just my opinion

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Alright here is the update, I decided to just leave the Action Sets out of it, may get to doing those later but I want to move on from the jerseys.

Alright some changes here are

- Changed the shade of Blue as many of you suggested.

- Changed the Blue on the Primary

- Updated the Alternate logo, tried to make it look more like a horse and less like a dragon.

- Took away the Navy Alt.

- One outline on the numbers

- Changed the bolt on the jerseys (This is what they were supposed to look like on the first try)

- Moved the Alt. Logo to the Back of the Jersey above the Nameplate.

Logo Sheet

ChargersLogoSet-1.png

Helmet

ChargersHelmet-1.png

Home

ChargersHomeSet-1.png

Away

ChargersAwaySet-1.png

Alright tell me if this is better or not guys, I will try and get some Action Shots up later, the Colts are probably next but not sure yet

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

the new blue looks great on the logos, especially the bolt. But it just doesn't do it for me on the uniforms

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, I giving the Chargers a quick pdate for the Chargers tonight, mainly darkening the Blue. I am also getting close to complete with the Cowboys! So stay tuned

ChargersHomeSet-2.png

ChargersAwaySet-2.png

I will also try and get the action templates for the Chargers updated tonight

It looks like you cannibalized the wordmark I made. Care to explain?

chargers_ID.jpg

I didnt take it from your concept, butthey turned out preety close to the same, I just took the wordmark off of the site and tried to get the fuzzy edges of off it in paint and paint over it to mae it paint compaitable, it turned blockey and I ended up just leaving the line running through the "CHARGERS" spaced, but I didnt take it from your concept.

Really, what tipped me off was the color. I know that shade of light blue. Secondly, why is the line running through the horizontal line of the A? It doesn't do that on the wordmark from the site. Also, why do the C and S have serifs, when the site's wordmark clearly doesn't have them? Why does your S not have a line on the right side of the S, just like mine, if the official wordmark does? Lastly, the font looks like an oblique form of Agency, not the font from the official wordmark. It looks rather suspicious, to say the least.

chargers_wordmark_compare.jpg

Really, what tipped me off was the color. I know that shade of light blue. Secondly, why is the line running through the horizontal line of the A? It doesn't do that on the wordmark from the site. Also, why do the C and S have serifs, when the site's wordmark clearly doesn't have them? Why does your S not have a line on the right side of the S, just like mine, if the official wordmark does? Lastly, the font looks like an oblique form of Agency, not the font from the official wordmark. It looks rather suspicious, to say the least.

chargers_wordmark_compare.jpg

Again, When I made it paint compaitable, I tried to make it look more blocky, I basically modified it a bit, but it's choppy, that's the reason I didnt post it with the rest of the concept. Like I said I took the serifs off of the C and S, my A has it, and like I said before when I made it for paint I took some of the streak out of it. I think I saved the big version (I resized it to fit on the jerseys) so I will post the difference's in a second. The blues are different shades too. The one on mine was Lighter blue than yours. I will post the proof in a second.

Your version compared to mine, I saved mine big but didnt post it because it was so choppy, but you can see when I resized it, it looked alt like yours, but they are different! They look alot alike when they are made smaller, I will post my wordmark's big version from now on even if it is choppy, just trying to make my presentation better but I didnt steal your wordmark.

PROOF.png

Your version compared to mine, I saved mine big but didnt post it because it was so choppy, but you can see when I resized it, it looked alt like yours, but they are different! They look alot alike when they are made smaller, I will post my wordmark's big version from now on even if it is choppy, just trying to make my presentation better but I didnt steal your wordmark.

PROOF.png

Well, I guess I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on this one, but you might want to do your research next time, especially considering how recently I posted mine. Although you didn't just copy and paste mine, it still looks like you were clearly influenced by my work. You should probably still revise yours because it looks nothing like the official mark from the website, especially with every single overlap that mine has being the same on yours. When it comes down to it, yours does still look like a copy to a certain extent. And since I developed mine first, you are the one who needs to edit yours. The only true difference I see (other than quality) is the serif on the A. It still looks somewhat fraudulent, please revise it.

PROOF.png

Well, I guess I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on this one, but you might want to do your research next time, especially considering how recently I posted mine. Although you didn't just copy and paste mine, it still looks like you were clearly influenced by my work. You should probably still revise yours because it looks nothing like the official mark from the website, especially with every single overlap that mine has being the same on yours. When it comes down to it, yours does still look like a copy to a certain extent. And since I developed mine first, you are the one who needs to edit yours. The only true difference I see (other than quality) is the serif on the A. It still looks somewhat fraudulent, please revise it.

Well I guess that is true, my goal was too make the wordmark a little bit more blocky than the original, I guess I was thinking of yours when I did it and didn't relize how much alike they were, so I will change it. But I promise you I didnt steal it from you, altough I think I was influenced by yours, just wasnt thinking about what yours looked like till now, but like I said, I didnt copy your work, but I will change it though just to clear up any confusion.

Archived