Minnesota Twins

Discrim

Recently, after that post about the possibility that Majestic might have split the I in the Twins lettering briefly, I perused the Metrodome site and a distinctive bobblehead caught my eye. Said bobblehead is basically a plasticked-out version of the Twins' home sleeve logo, which depicts the famed "handshake guys." Reasoning that its distinctiveness warranted a larger role in the uniform, all but one of the following uniforms uses the handshake guys in some form...so with the first pitch, the home and away uniforms:

twinshomeaway.png

the TC is essentially the same as it ever was, only solid white with red trim, and the home alt cap, based on Mauer's home helmet, uses a navy TC (and solves the one thing that bugs me about the aforementioned lid: its T is still white, and thus essentially invisible). Probably the most distinctive portion of the regular set is the bridge-and-river striping on the pants, once again inspired by the handshake logo. Now onto the rest:

twinshomealt.png

this would be worn at home, and comes with a red cap (navy TC w/white OL). The bridge & river are used for the placket. The presence of different chest logos on essentially the same jersey is once again inspired by the handshake guys, as the set worn by even-numbered players has the M for Minneapolis, while odd numbers get the STP jersey for St. Paul.

twinsroadalt.png

this is reversed for the navy alts, where even numbers wear the STP, while odd numbers are assigned the M. The navy cap is worn with this jersey. And finally...

twinstatcbp.png

About the only thing I really like about the current style BP template is the collar, so I kept that, created a sort of button cover with a small TC, and left out them sides.(and yes, BOOF is only on there as a joke) The BP cap features the handshake guys by themselves. For the TATC uniform I added light blue, as frankly, I wouldn't have gotten the same effect from using navy. basically, the river runs through it.

Let's see what the lot of ya make of this :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

What else can I say but no? I'm not sure what you are trying to do. The bridge striping makes no sense at all. Change it, I beg you! Maybe I hate this because I am a Twins fan? Nah.

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

I agree with TC, I find the whole set horrid. There should be pinstripes on the home and away primaries, the pants stiping makes me cringe, the only good thing about those are the hats. They are just a little bit worse than the current ones, but they are still cool.

I don't even know where to begin on the alternates. Having the players where two different kinds of jerseys in the same game is just absurd. It would look horribly unorganized as well as sloppy. Also, the river on the chest looks very bad.

The jersey that has Boof is probably the best one of the set, but still has that horrible river striping on the pants. The TATC jersey is pretty cool for a style jersey but of course would not make it in a game.

Overall, I would be ashamed as a Twins fan to see my favorite team ever play a serious baseball game in these uniforms. I am sorry, but that is just the way I see it.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

Let me tell you what I like about the set first:

The TATC jersey is really cool. I like how you used the 'shaking hands' logo and no doubt you were not afraid to think outside the box on this one.

I like what you did with the TC logo. Making it just one color is a good idea. It's something I wish I would have thought of in some of my Twins concepts.

I am not a fan of pinstripes. So I am a fan of your home and away jerseys.

Now what I don't like:

I have to say that the 'river' detail you have on the pants ruins the set. Not to mention I don't think the people in Minnesota will understand why a team in the "Land of 10,000 Lakes" is embracing the 'river' identity.

The 'M' and the 'STP' you use for the alternates does not say Twins to me at all. I don't want to sound harsh, but it's a little too generic for a Major League team.

I am also not a fan of the team wearing two different jerseys in a game. Again you were thinking outside the box and that's great. But it doesn't work.

So there is my .02. The execution is great and it looks like you did accomplish what you set out to do (which was include the shaking hands logo more into the identity) But the addition of the 'river' striping is a deal breaker for me.

Baseball rules say every uniform has to be identical except for the players' names and numbers. So your "M" and "STP" versions could never be used in a regulation game. They'd all have to have the "M" or all have the "STP". However, you could use those as the batting practice uniforms.

The bridge/river striping comes across as cluttered.

Daggone kinfolk...you went there. Outside the box...but then ain't that your modus operandi around these parts???

About the only piece of this I don't care for is the "river" striping details. That's just too much to cram into too little a space.

That said, I do love the idea of introducing an alternate cap styled like Joe Mauer's catcher helmet. (That's an idea I'm actually mad at myself that didn't think about in my Twins concept a lil' while back. ^_^ ) And, MLB rules be damned, the idea of utilizing and alternating "M" and "StP" logos to denote the Twin Cities is a sheer stroke of genius, if you ask me. I like the way you think. And then there's that "TATC-ish alt. That one is what it is...but, in some crazy kind of wawy, I actually like it.

However, having said all that, I think what I like most is your layout & display design. Good on you, Mr. Carr. Nice work.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

In all of the concepts I've seen from you on this board, there has been at least one feature that is a little "out there." Generally, I find that refreshing. In this case, however, the bridge and river striping isn't quirky, it's ugly.

On the other hand, I really like the idea of using the M/StP monograms on the alts, even if it isn't really permitted by the rules. My favorite thing about the concept is that you based them around the shaking hand guys logo. I love that logo, and I think you got really creative with it.

Untitled-1-1.gif

Sig by TalktoChuck

What else can I say but no? I'm not sure what you are trying to do. The bridge striping makes no sense at all. Change it, I beg you! Maybe I hate this because I am a Twins fan? Nah.
I agree with TC, I find the whole set horrid.

Gentlemen, I respectfully disagree with your comments and beg of you to please seek out Discrim's other concepts over the last six-plus years that he has been posting concepts to this board. I think you'll find that this is "par-for-the-course" when it comes to his work, and I think that a little education into his background will at least give you an idea as to where he's coming from. I'm not saying that everything he churns out is great, but I am of the firm belief that you cannot make C&C and immediately dismiss his concepts unless you know his M.O.

As far as this is concerned, the only thing I don't like about the whole set is the excessive river trim. Take it off the numbers and sleeves, maybe change it to a solid blue and thin it out a bit, and I think you've covered the whole theme perfectly.

I love the idea of having different logos on the front. So they're different... who cares? THey look similar enough to where you can glance at them quickly without noticing it.

philly.png

Can we get a closeup of what you're working with on the pants? I mean, I know it's the bridge design, but I'd like to see a mockup where they're vertically aligned one-after-another like you have suggested.

I actually think the TATC design is pretty cool.

You also gave me something to think about for a more inside-the-box concept: taking the "M" and the "St.P" from the Handshake guys and putting one on each sleeve, wearing the "TC" on the chest.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

I agree with TC, I find the whole set horrid. There should be pinstripes on the home and away primaries, the pants stiping makes me cringe, the only good thing about those are the hats. They are just a little bit worse than the current ones, but they are still cool.

I don't even know where to begin on the alternates. Having the players where two different kinds of jerseys in the same game is just absurd. It would look horribly unorganized as well as sloppy. Also, the river on the chest looks very bad.

The jersey that has Boof is probably the best one of the set, but still has that horrible river striping on the pants. The TATC jersey is pretty cool for a style jersey but of course would not make it in a game.

Overall, I would be ashamed as a Twins fan to see my favorite team ever play a serious baseball game in these uniforms. I am sorry, but that is just the way I see it.

Let me tell you what I like about the set first:

The TATC jersey is really cool. I like how you used the 'shaking hands' logo and no doubt you were not afraid to think outside the box on this one.

I like what you did with the TC logo. Making it just one color is a good idea. It's something I wish I would have thought of in some of my Twins concepts.

I am not a fan of pinstripes. So I am a fan of your home and away jerseys.

Now what I don't like:

I have to say that the 'river' detail you have on the pants ruins the set. Not to mention I don't think the people in Minnesota will understand why a team in the "Land of 10,000 Lakes" is embracing the 'river' identity.

The 'M' and the 'STP' you use for the alternates does not say Twins to me at all. I don't want to sound harsh, but it's a little too generic for a Major League team.

I am also not a fan of the team wearing two different jerseys in a game. Again you were thinking outside the box and that's great. But it doesn't work.

So there is my .02. The execution is great and it looks like you did accomplish what you set out to do (which was include the shaking hands logo more into the identity) But the addition of the 'river' striping is a deal breaker for me.

Oh yeah, and I forgot to say the "bridge" looks like a zipper.

You guys really show your short amount of time here. :D

For a Discrim concept, this in almost plausible (not in general reality, but compared to his other retna-burning ideas, yeah, it's rather calm and basic). When commenting on a Discrim concept, you can't use the usual criteria of "would it work if actually used?", but rather...

... "I'm blind! OMG I'm blind!! Oh, the humaity!! God, why have you forsaken me?!"

I don't get why some people are making a big deal about this. I don't like it, so that's what I wrote. Even if baseball uniforms were designed like this, I still wouldn't like it. That's all.

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

I don't get why some people are making a big deal about this. I don't like it, so that's what I wrote. Even if baseball uniforms were designed like this, I still wouldn't like it. That's all.

Calm down there, Sally. May I call you Sally? Those of us who have been here for awhile were simply pointing out the logic, er, the illogic, of Discrim's concepts, because you're original post actually seemed like you were about to have a coronary because of them. It's Discrim. No need to ever get worked up. Your favorite team is never gonna use one of our concepts from this board, especially Discrim's.

B)

Calm down there, Sally. May I call you Sally? Those of us who have been here for awhile were simply pointing out the logic, er, the illogic, of Discrim's concepts, because you're original post actually seemed like you were about to have a coronary because of them. It's Discrim. No need to ever get worked up. Your favorite team is never gonna use one of our concepts from this board, especially Discrim's.

B)

Ditto.

You need to appreciate the thoughts behind it instead of going all Jon Lovitz on it without even knowing the source.

Geez, Sally.

philly.png

heh, I've basically had that unique criteria applied to my concepts from the start, I'm used to it. True, popularity's nice, but I've known one thing for some time-ya gotta go into this knowing that the likelihood that your concept gets no hate at all is about equal to the possibility that only one person will be in love with it (you, naturally). Or, in some of my cases, the team or sport's obscurity means you might not get any critique at all. hell, you just might get better (or worse) comments than you thought you would. so from one TC to another, the critique's appreciated.

and about closeups...um, yeah, I probably should have included those at the start, I meant to but they passed my mind at the time...so here's the top of the road placket in all its glory...

twinsrivercloseup.png

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

B)

Just because the set is a little out there and isn't exactly realistic doesn't mean we can't give legit C&C for it. Despite being a un-realistic concept, I don't like it anyways. I just don't see why you guys don't think Discrim's concepts deserve the same C&C an average concept deserves. I'm sure if somebody botched a Cardinals concept, you would be all over it too, McCall. So, sorry, but I think I should be able to express my opinion no matter the style of the concept.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

I love the idea of having even numbers wear the M and odd numbers wear the STP. While unrealilistic, its creative and new. Which I always love. The bridge was good in theory, but when executed it looks like a zipper. All in all great ideas and a very creative concept.

jNTsTyQ.png

Archived