Hockey fight goes wrong...again.

The Nation

2.) Someone took a run at one of your teammates (mostly a goalie, or star player).

This is valid. The 1980s saw the most scoring as well as the most fighting. Small speedy scorers need enforcers to enable their game by keeping dirty hits at bay. Stars have more to work with when players know they'll be punished for dirty hits, or even hits construed as dirty. The two go hand in hand. if you take away fighting, you'll just end up with muck.

Exactly, and that is why fighting should not leave the NHL, besides the fact that it would be impossible to get rid of anyway.

Maybe the officials should do their :censored: job and kick the dirty hit offenders out by giving more game misconducts/ejections and harsher suspensions.

You make it sound so easy. Turns out this whole time the refs just weren't doin' their job!

I never said anything about the officials on the ice ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

I never said anything about the officials on the ice ^_^

Ding ding ding. The problem is that you can make a career out of headhunting, legal or semi-legal (Scott Stevens and Chris Pronger come to mind) and yet who does the league come down on? A guy who makes PG-13 comments about a B-list celebrity.

Or when they make an example of Bertuzzi but not Chris Simon or Ryan Hollweg.

In the long run, fights mean nothing at all compared to blows to the head.

1zgyd8w.jpg

Archived