Mississippi Riverkings One Night Jersey

DaytonBlue

I just got back from a Mississippi RiverKings game (suburban Memphis). They had a Greyhound Adoption night. They celebrated this by having a weiner dog race and wearing special jerseys with a sponsorship by Southland Park (a dog track).

Does anyone else find this odd?

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

Well, I do find it a little odd that the sponsorship for dog adoption night was a place that races dogs....and that they had an informal, just-for-kicks dog race as some of the entertainment.

However, if they're pushing adoption of retired racing grayhounds, then it's pretty well done I suppose. Well, at least the part about the race track jumping on with a promotion to benefit adopting those it can't profit off of any more, instead of having them put down.

Can't say the same for the entertainment...funny as a wiener dog race may be, racing dogs at an event talking about adopting dogs that CAN'T race seems like it's...well, in slightly bad taste, almost.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

only 4 of 25 weiner dogs actually raced...the rest of them said screw this and headed back towards the zamboni entrance

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

Archived