Tampa Bay Rays Rebrand

elliott

In the primary logo, I see the ocean and the sunset before I see the sun rays. Somehow make the Rays more noticeable and eyecatching. The TB logo just doesn't look like it belongs on a baseball cap. Use some block font on that one. Both of the scripts look alright, but I'd separate the y from the B in the "Tampa Bay" one.

Ok, thanks for your thoughts, one thing though, do you really think a block font would fit? I really have to disagree with you there. Also the y really doesn't go anywhere near the B but I think that might have been a typo and you meant a.

I disagree with Patsox in that I like your TB hat logo. I believe it's quite better than what they have at the moment. I think it can still be made even better (more of a logo and less two distinct characters). What I really dig is the script though. It is fun and whimsical and makes me think of Florida in a way. I would work on the P in 'Tampa,' as it looks a little awkward with the line going through the loop, I would disconnect the a from the B between the two words, and I would simplify the end stroke on the y (it's got one to many curves).

The logo looks good, but I think you should work on the sun shape, especially the ray aspect of it. Right now the rays are all short and the same shape and size. Since Rays is the team name, I think you should make the Rays longer and give them more character (maybe make some shorter and some longer. It would look more natural that way). I'd work on the script some more, too. You can tell it was handwritten and looks unfinished. The p, the first a in Tampa and the s in Rays look the worst.

Much better! I like it a lot more. The stitches free up a lot of space so more is visible. I still don't think this would work for the Rays, but this is perfect for an MiLB team.

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

Good execution on a number of the fixes. I especially like the white stitching on the primary mark. I am a little concerned that the sun-patch looks a little bit like a flower instead of a sun. I apologize that I cannot quickly come up with a way to solve that.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

The new update is much better. I kept seeing a tennis ball in your previous version. Are the scripts hand drawn?

Originally I drew them in my own hand, then I shaded the script with pencil to give it some width. Then I vectorized to clean it up, a lot, and tweaked some aspects of the original lettering.

• 11 months later...

Archived