Alabama coach Mark Gottfried fired.

sacker12

At this point now "resigned/fired" are interchangeable in College Sports.

This coming from an Auburn fan.

From what I've heard it's actually very similar to the Tuberville situation.

Coach meets with Athletic Director. AD wants change/plan for success. Coach doesn't have a plan or his answers aren't gelling with what the AD wants to hear. Coach says, well "I think it's best if I resign".

Coach meets with Athletic Director. AD wants change/plan for success. Coach doesn't have a plan or his answers aren't gelling with what the AD wants to hear. Coach says, well "I think it's best if I resign".

Except Gottfried (gott fried...nice) didn't get a nice $6 million dollar check to "resign" like Tubs did. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Except Gottfried (gott fried...nice) didn't get a nice $6 million dollar check to "resign" like Tubs did. :P

That's because all of Alabama's money is going to pay for Nick Saban's salary and to pay for new assistants because the old ones are leaving in droves. (Some are still a little pissed for having to work until 10:30 pm on Christmas Eve)

That's because all of Alabama's money is going to pay for Nick Saban's salary and to pay for new assistants because the old ones are leaving in droves. (Some are still a little pissed for having to work until 10:30 pm on Christmas Eve)

If the rumors about Mark are true that I've read on the internet (I know reliable source, but you never know if its true or not), he was fired with cause. And he got 1.8 million dollars to leave.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Archived