Branding the United States and Canada

MVP

There have probably been past discussions of these logos, but I thought it would be great to see all 50 of them in 1 thread, and some probably have more exposure than others, so there are many some people might not have ever seen. Comparison can also be made with the Canadian Provinces/Territories.

Link

NORTHEAST

244wi8i.jpg

SOUTHEAST

9a1lra.jpg

MIDWEST

10crgpu.jpg

SOUTHWEST

fc4kg.jpg

WEST

xgn05x.jpg

CANADA

2dadd10.jpg

At first glance, my personal favourite might be the Mississippi mark for the US, and BC for Canada.

Also, Canada's logos seem a bit more inspired for some reason.

Wade-sig.png

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think my favorite in the whole bunch is British Columbia. It's simple, vibrant, and just nice as a whole. Nova Scotia makes me think of Aquafresh, and Mississippi makes me think of whiskey, for some reason. It doesn't look a whole lot like a Jack Daniels label, but that's what comes to mind. Oregon's is really nice as well. I'm not feeling the "vintage" look, but I think the general concept is nice. South Dakota's another one of my favorites. Rushmore's really well rendered there. I' not a big fan of the font above, but the illustration makes up for it.

north carolina

^ I just redesigned their logo for them...

I have to laugh at Texas' slogan. I was in the post office here in Ann Arbor a while back, mailing a letter to my friend in Ottawa (Ontario). The guy behind the counter started talking about how he had been up to Canada a few times when he was younger and how different it was compared to the States. "It's like a whole 'nother country up there!" he said. Yep, it certainly is, genius...

Colorado is hands down the worst. I can see how Iowa and Nebraska would have a tough time but Colorado has so much to work with.

I've always liked Mississippi's nd I dig Missouri's. And I seem to recall that Oklahoma had a nicer looking version of the same slogan a few years back.

I've always loved Manitoba's the Bison can work in any logo manitoba puts out for example

greycup~.gif

Anyways I can't stand Alberta's they should incorperate the Mountains, Praires and the Badlands

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Wow. I was born in CO, lived here all my life save for a few years in Tennessee for college, and I don't think I've ever heard that slogan. You're right, there's so much more to work with, that I can't believe THAT's what they're using!!

I've always loved Mississippi's. That logo is on their license plates (it should actually be green too). It just exemplifies the ornate, staunch, proud and often poor south to me.

Arkansas' is damned accurate. That place is nothing but freaky wilderness, haha. I went on vacation there and stayed in a teepee next to the only open-to-the-public diamond mine in the world for a week. It's definitely backwoods over there :)

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

• 1 month later...

Archived