Lions uniform changes

Proc

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No question for me. I love silhouette logos (Iowa, Texas and Bubbles). I could certainly live with this update (Too bad they are going to go more detailed/ferocious).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Here is a re-do of bubbles I am working on. After seeing Matt and Andrew's concept, I felt this was definitely not worthy of its own thread, so I am just posting it here. ^_^ (or at least until I get a full package put together.)

LionsUpdate.png

That's a step in the right direction, if they were to only tweak Bubbles. The mouth area is vastly improved, I think it's a no-brainer to add teeth. However, lions should be bulky and powerful, and I think yours looks too sleek. To remedy that, I'd suggest a few things. I think you need to separate the back legs, along the lines of the current Bubbles. That should give you more of a "dragging down prey" look, instead of what I see appearing more like he's leaping over something. I'd also suggest angling the tuft of the tail up just a little bit, and adding some more bulk to the mane--both on top of the head, and around the neck area, if there is a way to adjust the top front paw to accommodate it. I think the crazy, expansive mane goes a long way to make real lions look wild and intimidating, so I'd suggest mirroring it with your new Bubbles.

Here is a re-do of bubbles I am working on. After seeing Matt and Andrew's concept, I felt this was definitely not worthy of its own thread, so I am just posting it here. ^_^ (or at least until I get a full package put together.)

LionsUpdate.png

Best one yet.

I agree with Milo's critiques...Lions have big paws but not that big. Their limbs should be thinner. And a slightly bigger head.

here's my concept that I submitted to the Detroit News.

Much to the chagrin of many of you I have kept the black. Because I like it.

I've made only minor changes to Bubbles and the uni's.

lions.jpg

and with that...Discussion Over!

Too teal.

And the face looks a little like some kind of bird of prey.

lions.jpg

I'm gonna take that as sarcasm.

Your wordmark (while better than the other attempts at modernizing the current one) is a little "web 2.0". The black does need to go. Your rear paws are too bubbly, and the fronts don't match one another. The eye doesn't look right, and you don't even need one if you're leaving the rest as a silhouette. The face looks bird-like, overall. The black just takes away from any silver you have in the home jersey, and the road doesn't have any at all. A sleeve stripe pattern would be infinitely better than just slapping another logo on there.

Try it again. Discussion over!

Am I the only one on this board that thinks the Lions black jerseys looked REALLY COOL. I actually liked the addition of black trim to the home and away regs... I guess if i was a suffering Lions fan I would have a different opinion...but I definitely liked the update they made in '03.

With that said, ALL of yalls updates look sick!

temp.png

lions.jpg

Your wordmark (while better than the other attempts at modernizing the current one) is a little "web 2.0". The black does need to go. Your rear paws are too bubbly, and the fronts don't match one another. The eye doesn't look right, and you don't even need one if you're leaving the rest as a silhouette. The face looks bird-like, overall. The black just takes away from any silver you have in the home jersey, and the road doesn't have any at all. A sleeve stripe pattern would be infinitely better than just slapping another logo on there.

The road jersey's have a silver drop shadow. And the blue is the same blue they have already. You may want to check the color balance on your monitor.

And what part of "Discussion over!" don't you understand!? :D

lions.jpg

The road jersey's have a silver drop shadow. And the blue is the same blue they have already. You may want to check the color balance on your monitor.

I didn't say anything about the blue. And the silver on the road jersey is almost invisible. Lastly, please don't pluralize with an apostrophe.

LionsUpdate.png

Something about the head makes it look like a hybrid of a lion and a horse.

Also, needs gradients. :)

On the right track, though.

Actually, THIS is the Blue they use now (and in the future):

DetroitLionsBlue_9999_SOL_SRGB.jpg

Here's the fabric/textile color:

DetroitLionsBlue_9999_TEX_SRGB.jpg

Actually, THIS is the Blue they use now (and in the future):

DetroitLionsBlue_9999_SOL_SRGB.jpg

Here's the fabric/textile color:

DetroitLionsBlue_9999_TEX_SRGB.jpg

Yeah. So, discussion over on that.

LionsUpdate.png

fine job

Agreed. It's a near-perfect update of the current Lions mark.

Archived